“Great place to stay, friendly staff”
Review of Yuma Cabana Motel

Yuma Cabana Motel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
“Great place to stay, friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have stayed at the Yuma Cabana many times in the past.
In May 2012 new owners took over and fired some of the staff members I had gotten to know and like.
Frankly, this made me hesitant to go back.

I did go back though.
And was welcomed by a very nice desk clerk named Darlene.
Because I had been here before I did not have to fill out the whole form, just sign it, hand over my credit card and then I got my key.
Very fast, very efficient - just great after a long drive.
A few days later we chatted and discovered we both have a love of birds and photographing them in common.

All rooms have La-Z-Boy-recliners.
Mine didn't recline because someone had broken off the handle.

I left a note about that for the housekeeper and immediately the chair was replaced.
Nice!

I also got an extra notepad. Turned out the housekeeper (Sonia) had recognized my name and had remembered that I love those notepads! This made me feel extra welcome and I especially appreciated it because I hadn't stayed here in over a year and when I did stay here that last time she had not even been my housekeeper.

When Sonia cleaned my room for the last time (I was leaving the next day) she even left me a short note saying she had missed me and hoped I would be back soon.
What a wonderful way to make a guest feel appreciated!

I love the spacious apartment (Rm 227), enjoyed sitting on my balcony, really appreciated the very fast WiFi internet.

I read on TripAdvisor that some guests have experienced problems with the plumbing and bad service.
I feel bad about that and all I can say is that apart from the problem with the chair (which was quickly resolved) I have had no problems at all.
On the contrary. Everyone has been very nice and helpful.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank JDm452

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Crescent City, CA
Reviewed 1 October 2012

After I checked in I was told that the pump on the water heater was broken and that I would have to let the water run for a long time to get hot water. It turned out to be much longer than I expected because the shower head is stoped up and only a trickle comes out. When I flushed the toilet this morning it backed up into the shower and then on to the floor getting my feet soaked with raw sewage. When I called the desk about it the man said there was nothing he could do untill the cleaning staff came in to work. After a while I went to the office and asked if I could barrow a mop so I could mop it up. Again he said "there is nothing I can do". When I pressed him some more he came and mopped up. I'm glad I decided to pay for only one night. I will move to some other motel tonight. I am in room 104.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Barry O

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Had found this recommended by people on Tripadvisor so gave it a go. It was by far our best motel experience with a friendly, helpful receptionist and clean, if slightly dated, rooms at a good price. Didn't get to try the swimming pool but it looked fine

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave W
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed here overnight in early July with the wife and our puppy. The staff was very friendly and welcoming toward our entire family, including the pooch. They said we could leave the puppy in the room as long as he didn't bark. They took our cell phone number in case there was any problems with barking. The room was very clean and well maintained for a budget motel except for the bathroom sink. The water from the tap stunk like rotten eggs. The shower water was fine so we used that for shaving and brushing our teeth. The AC kept the room about 70 degrees despite 100 degree heat outside but it never got colder. We stayed in room 103, very close to the 4-lane street that fronts the motel. The staff assured us traffic noise wouldn't be a nuisance and they were right. The pool was clean and fairly warm by 9 AM so we even got a swim in before checking out. Other than the minus 1 star for the tap water, I was very pleased with our stay and would recommend the Yuma Cabana to anybody on a budget.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have sliding patio doors that lead to the parking lot so that you can park rig...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MrBoxty
Calgary
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I chose this motel for a one night stopover in Yuma based on Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. It is dated but is clean, quiet, comfortable and well maintained.

The staff was friendly and efficient.

It is my understanding that the motel has changed ownership recently. It is my hope that the new owners will maintain the excellent standard of service I experienced.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank pedalcrazy
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were on continue travelling and found this a beautiful location to spend the night .
we want to stay longer because everything were well, the position, the chambers, the swimming pool where you can BBQ
the rooms are big with large good beds .
the nights are there nice quiet.
very pleasant staff at the reception
fast internet

Room Tip: no tip everything was ok
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ronloris
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I won't repeat all of the positive comments that have already been posted about the Yuma Cabana other than to say I found it well located for an overnight stop. The room far exceeded my expectations, it was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool looked wonderful, although I didn't get a chance to try it. The continental breakfast was more than adequate when you consider the price. There are lots of places to eat and drink in the immediate vicinity - just don't try the India Palace, tiny portions and very expensive! If in Yuma, stay here.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo