“Not quite a 2”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I saw good reviews...price was right....but IMHO not quite a 2 but could be with just a little work...Room was spotless and so were the sheets and towels...I was in 107 and the mattresss was old school and not real comfortable...AC worked good and wasn't to loud...Bathroom has been somewhat remodled but should have bars in the shower...Room did have a musty smell...
Room had Microwave and Frig...But NO COFFEE POT....
Area the Hotel is in is OK and close to everything....Would I stay here again...probally not,

Room Tip: No Elevator so ask for Groud Floor..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Pretty clean, A/C works and relatively quiet. Price is pretty good too. No frills but when you are just passing through Yuma and need a place to sleep, this works well. The pool was a nice place to hang out and the staff was very nice and responsive.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank powderforage
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We were only staying for 1 night and we had our harley in the back of the truck so safety was one thing I looked for before booking a hotel in Yuma. This hotel was very cute, the night staff was very helpful and I didn't have to worry about the bike. We would definitely stay again if we were in town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristy F
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I worked and lived in Yuma between 2002 & 2011. It seems most residents tend to guide their visiting friends and relatives away from the older motels along 4th Avenue. Some have less than great reputations and I guess they all suffer because of them.

I was in Yuma overnight yesterday (Friday 4/26) and was looking for somewhere other than my normal discount motel by the Interstate. Reading the Trip Advisor reviews for Yuma Cabana led me to try them. I reserved a second floor inner room with the balcony overlooking the pool.

We arrived early in the day and stopped in to see if we might get a room early. Although it was only 11 AM the clerk said, "No problem."

The hallway was clean and newly painted. The stair carpets were also clean and reasonably new. Our room smelled fresh was clean and recently remodeled. The furnishings were appropriate. The mattress was comfortable. I did appreciate the recliner, as the 4-hour drive to Yuma seemed longer than usual.

The free WIFI worked well but seemed to have limited bandwidth. Being frugal, I brought my Magic Jack and telephone with me. The reception was very scratchy and broken up.

Sitting outside on the balcony during a full moon made for a very enjoyable and relaxing few hours. In the morning, there was a continental breakfast to get our day started.

If there were anything negative, it would be my initial perception of the air conditioning. The ac/heat duct has an adjustable fan control. The motel selects the temperature and you adjusted it in your room based upon the speed of the fan. I never experienced that type system before, but the room reached and maintained a comfortable temperature. As Yuma often reaches 120F, the system must work well.

There is no doubt but that we have found a new motel for all out Yuma trips. A big thanks to the earlier reviewers. Had it not been for them we would never have ventured into a 4th Ave. motel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay the staff was very friendly and the property was very well maintained I would definetey have stayed another night if we were staying in the area. I would definetely reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a great value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed here with my family. This is an older budget motel, but the rooms are a decent size and they are absolutely spotless. The patios on the second floor are a nice size, easily accomodating several people - although they are only furnished with two chairs and no table. The heated pool was a little chilly, but was well kept and clean. There was no bathtub which is a bit of a pain with a little kid. The electronic locks to get in and out of the building were pretty finicky and snowbirds staying there commented that it sometimes takes many swipes to try and get in. Beds were comfortable. Overall we were fine with our three night stay there. Expect some traffic noise as it is located on a busy road.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios overlooking the pool are best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyncar
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is an old school motel, but they have tried to update the fixtures and such to bring it in to the current century. The desk clerk was happy to give me a key and let me check the room before we decided to stay. I found it clean and quiet. We were kind of stuck in the back without a patio, but had not booked ahead and we were there in high season. I didn't try out the pool, but it looked fine. The continental breakfast was pretty limited but there was ample coffee. We got what we thought was a very reasonable price. There's also a good Mexican restaurant called Taco Salsa in a strip mall very nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple