“Very bad motel...”
Review of Yuma Cabana Motel

Yuma Cabana Motel
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in this motel for only one night. It was very old and in poor condition. The room smelled like old smoke hidden by some pungent spray. The blanket had cigarette holes in it. The carpet was old and dirty. The air conditioner was old and very noisy. After this experience we vowed never to stay in a motel unless we had seen the room first. We would never stay here again. The free breakfast looked so bad we elected to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find a better motel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Mike C

Reviewed 8 April 2014

A group of us has been making an annual trip to Algodonas, Mexico for the past ten years. After the first two, we decided that the round trip back to Phoenix was too much for one day. The next year I found the Cabana on the internet and booked our group in overnight. We have been staying there ever since, anywhere from 8 to 10 of us each year. The staff is exemplary, the rooms clean, comfortable and equipped with a microwave and bar fridge. The pool area is lovely and well suited for having dinner "al fresco" as the group of us do the evening we stay. Nothing more is needed for a quick overnight get away, however, I would not hesitate to stay longer should the need be.

Room Tip: In eight years none of us have ever had a bad room. If one wants to take advantage of the pool area...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank G. H
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Went to Yuma recently for some dental work in Mexico. Stayed in the Cabana for a couple nights. I have seen it in the past but was always a little afraid. Painted a gaudy, bright, pink, I was a little nervous.
Nicest place I have stayed in Yuma. Older place but well maintained. Clean carpets, no chipped or peeling paint, caulk or tile. Free WI-FI included as well as a little breakfast. Breakfast was mostly carbs, bread, muffins, cereal etc, but very nice.
Very reasonably priced and it is now my motel of choice when visiting Yuma!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I want everyone to know about this place. There are lots of new, much more expensive chain hotels/motels in Yuma, but they don't have the character of the Yuma Cabana. Staff are so friendly, it feels like a home away from home, and they get lots of repeat snowbirds in the winter which also helps the friendliness. Fun, funky 50's vibe - their signature sign, kidney-shaped pool, once-modern art on the walls - but very clean and comfortable. We've stayed in 3 different places in Yuma in the last year, but this is our go-to choice now.

And even though it's clean and comfortable, with a microwave and larger-than-usual frig in every room, rates with any sort of discount (e.g. AARP) are only $38 in summer and $55 in winter for the two of us, which includes a decent breakfast with pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, and coffee and tea.

Plenty of groceries, restaurants, etc are available within just a couple of blocks. Look for the taco truck evenings, half a block north across from the Dairy Queen. And try the delicious, cheap deli ceviche at the Fry's grocery 1 1/2 blocks south.

Room Tip: We like the first-floor rooms on the pool side. They have patio doors and you can walk right across...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn O
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We needed another night after the 1 night stay at Quechan Casino as we needed to wait for a crown to be fabricated. Quechan was booked and usually is at this time of the year unless you reserve in advance. Using trip advisor, I selected Yuma Cabana and called and got a great price. Rooms are clean beds comfortable, adequate but older TV. I did miss a coffee maker but I was able to wait until morning for coffee with the continental breakfast of Muffins, sweet rolls or cold cereal. Even though we were in the room closest to the highway, it was quiet enough. The pool was enjoyed by several. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you have heavy suitcases as there is no elevator to the second...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This motel is old, but still usable. The room came with a TON of stuff that the cheapest motel in town does not give you. Like: Shampoo, Lotion, Clock Radio, Tissues, Blow Drier, Microwave, Fridge, Do Not Disturb sign, Easy Chair. It also had Internet and a continental breakfast! They were renovating the breakfast area so there was no where to sit and eat, but hopefully that will be done soon. Breakfast was muffins, danishes, 3 kinds of cold cereal, at least 1 hot. Apple and orange juice, plus coffee. I will pay the $8-10 more and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I checked in late and Brenda had my reservation printed out and waiting as I walked through the door. I simply said my name and my paperwork was at her fingertips. I had my key ready and out the office door heading towards my room within 5min. Brenda was prompt, professional, pleasant, engaging and, foremost, welcoming.
I had a minor problem with the bathroom sink not draining very quickly. I called the office (Brenda answered on the first ring) and I explained that I'd have no problem using a small snake to clear the drain if she had one. She was grateful to be alerted to the issue and said she'd be right there and showed up at my door within 2 min with keys to another room across the hall and even offered to move my stuff over.
I realize that some people might have used this drain issue as an excuse to try to get a free room etc. but Brenda handled it exactly right. She corrected the issue and immediately promised to have the drain cleared first thing in the morning. What a breathe of fresh air in a World that most employees have the "oh, well" attitude. She really is a throwback to a time when quality really means quality.
I checked out late morning and discovered an equally pleasant and engaging employee in Natasha who turned out to support the overall dedication to quality service and make a parting guest want to come back.
Great Job Yuma Cabana! Thank you Brenda & Natasha!

Room Tip: I enjoyed breakfast at the Coco's restaurant directly across the street. Fuel and various other...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo