“Our last stay at the Yuma Cabana”
Review of Yuma Cabana Motel

Yuma Cabana Motel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
“Our last stay at the Yuma Cabana”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to the Cabana for 11 yrs. My daughter was 2 when we first started coming to the Cabana. What attracted us to the Cabana was the awesome neon sign. We had found a jewel in Yuma. We would always stay in the suites. My kids loved the place. We would come and stay during our Christmas shopping days. We live in Blythe, CA & we don't have any malls or shops like Yuma. We would spend wknd get aways & as my kids got older they joined a swim team & we would come & stay the day before the big meet & a few days after. Last year we stayed a whole wk with my sister and her family. We had a great time! This year we stayed 3 days & 2 nites. IT WAS AWFUL! As we pulled in we noticed the changes they made to the front. No longer was that peaceful sitting area & the beautiful fountain no longer worked. As we passed the pool you couldn't help but notice how green the pool was. The grass area was unkept, there were broken chairs and an umbrella just shoved in the corner.
Our room, let's see, found a roach on the floor, no longer did they leave you coffee packets for the morning, no soap or shampoo in shower dispensers & the shower was disgusting. We showered in our flip flops! The AIR! THERE WAS NONE! After 2 hrs of no relief we asked for another suite & altho the room was cooler it wasn't any better.
Why we stayed all three days baffles me, even now. It's really sad to see this place in such a disarray. My kids were even sad to think that this would be our last stay here. What once attracted us to the Cabana had lost its luster. As well as the once beautiful neon sign. It no longer shined. The only letter that lit up in motel was the letter M.
If it were up to me I wouldn't even rate it a one but it wouldn't let me submit it without entering a rating.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Denise E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For the price and location if you are just passing through Yuma this is a great little motel. I am a sucker for motels with neon signs and they have a good one. It wasn't all lit but I'll forgive them. We were traveling from Tucson, AZ to Palm Springs, CA and Yuma is just over half way. The motel isn't too far off the highway and there are a few restaurants around with in walking distance of it.
It was basic and clean and you can't beat $55 a night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this motel for my nieces graduation foe two nights.It was a nice room, very clean and quiet. In the morning got to eat breakfast was able to save money for that extra meal. The front desk girls were really friendly and polite with me. I also got to enjoy a nice and clean pool. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the Yuma Cabana for the last 8 years the first 6 were very nice rooms were clean had security on all the outer doors so you had to use your room key to get in the building the staff were always willing to do what ever it took to make you feel at home then the new owners took over and it has gone down hill ever since none of the outer doors lock so anyone can walk in the building at any time day or night I had people knock on my door wanting to know if I wanted to buy a watch kids run up and down the hallways leaving trash screaming hitting all the room doors the first 6 years I never saw a police car on the lot but my last stay it seemed like there was one every night all of the employees that were there the first years are gone and the new staff with the exception of a couple don't know what they are doing and don't seem to care I had one of the desk clerks tell me to go stay at the other hotel owned by the same people to go the their other hotel because she said it was better than the Yuma Cabana the last time I stayed I was there for 6 weeks I paid by the week I had my room set up with the front desk to be automatically taken out of my bank once a week I noticed my payment wasn't being taken out so I waited a couple weeks to see if anything was taken out thinking it may have been some type of error I went to the front desk and asked about it and the guy at the desk said I wasn't set up that way and if he tried to do anything it would mess up his program in the computer after discussing the way I have always paid all the years I had been staying there about an hours worth of talking and figuring we settled on my final bill amount and when it was going to be taken out my account I was told the final bill would not be taken until I checked out which was about 6 days later I got a call from my wife asking about our checking account being over drawn not only did the run the final bill the next day they did it twice putting a hold on almost $1900.00on my bank account the new manager did come in and take care of the problem and I appreciated her for doing that but when I talked to the desk clerk that lied to me he acted like I didn't know what I was talking about and said he didn't do anything I will never stay at the Yuma cabin again nor will I recommend it to anyone I know

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tim N

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here for the kitsch value and also because the hotel was dirt cheap. The hotel from the outside is cute, the rooms on the inside look like an old school or gymnasium. Cinder block walls, awful lighting, scratchy bedding, the shower and bathroom were pretty gross. Mostly I just felt concerned for my safety all night. Didn't really sleep well. If you want to take a picture of the sign, take a picture for your scrapbook and then stay somewhere else. Not a good value and doesn't feel safe for solo female travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank always_sunny_SD
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have been staying at this motel for 13 years.
When it changed owners two years ago I had my doubts especially because staff that had been working there for a long time had been fired.
I cancelled a reservation but the new owner did her best to lure me back and that first stay with the new owner was good.
Nice welcoming desk clerk.
Everyone going out of their way to accommodate me.

The next stay was worse.
Same front desk clerk was not as friendly.
Stay after that was bad.
New front desk clerk was not welcoming at all.
When there was no hot water to take a shower (many guests complained) no maintenance man was called - because it was his day off.

This time there was no internet.
Oh well... maybe a glitch? the desk girl said.
Next morning the other desk clerk told me people had been complaining about it for weeks! The internet just was not working - except for the router in the lobby.
I was promised it would be fixed. It wasn't.
The next day another promise: nothing.
After three days the router was replaced and there was internet. Yeah!

Day after that: no hot water.
Someone would be called in and he/she was but I did not wait for that and forgot about my morning shower.

Fifth day a large group of bikers moved in.
I do NOT have a problem with bikers. I often stay at motels where they stay as well.
But this was a very loud group. Gathering in the parking lot, playing music very loudly, talking loudly, laughing loudly.
By 10 PM I called the office: could they please do something about it.
The clerk, Nikita, said she did not hear anything.
Which stumped me because this is a really small motel with a tiny parking lot.
The noise was so bad I was sure it could be heard across the street.

Nikita promised to check.
Fifteen minutes later I called again. She said she had called some rooms (huh? the noise was in the parking lot!) and had not heard anything about the noise.
I said: go outside. She said she had been outside but had not heard anything.
Suggesting I was crazy...

The next morning when I checked out one day before I was supposed to the desk clerk Marcella acknowledged that the bikers "could be very loud" and: "sorry for the inconvenience".
To me it was obvious that the motel now prefers to cater to the crowd that is not very considerate about other guests and... never mind.

As I said I have been staying here for 13 years.
One week, sometimes more in the Spring, one week sometimes more in the Fall.

I will not be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JDm452
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in this motel for only one night. It was very old and in poor condition. The room smelled like old smoke hidden by some pungent spray. The blanket had cigarette holes in it. The carpet was old and dirty. The air conditioner was old and very noisy. After this experience we vowed never to stay in a motel unless we had seen the room first. We would never stay here again. The free breakfast looked so bad we elected to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find a better motel.