“Again, the Cabana is a winner”
Review of Yuma Cabana Motel

Yuma Cabana Motel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Boulder, CO
“Again, the Cabana is a winner”
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Just an update from our previous review: This is still our fave in Yuma, well priced, clean and comfortable. There has been some extensive remodeling, at least in our unit, and we like this place even more. Their pool no longer used chlorine, it is salt water based, and very clean. Fridge, microwave, good wired internet: all add to this motel's qualities.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lesbriggs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newcastle
Reviewed 26 November 2008

This is an older style motel and is clean. The beds were however pretty uncomfortable and there was a strange smell in the corridors! Check in and the front desk were very helpful. There was nothing particularly good or bad about the place and would be ok if you were staying for a couple of nights!

• Liked — nothing in particular
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I stayed here for three nights on business at the recommendation of my boss. Let me begin by stating that I am not usually an especially finicky person, and I have stayed at my share of dives in my time. I travel a lot, and I've seen it all. This place, however, has some gross stuff going on!

THE BAD:
The hallways has an overwhelming, musty odor. I'd be interested to see a mold inspection report for this building.

The carpet in the room was filthy, and felt dank and clammy. Again, mold was a huge concern for me.

The matress was stained, with numerous cigarette burns, and had no pad, just a cheap, thin sheet over it. It sagged and was horribly uncomfortable. Apparently, I did not get one of the "good" beds. The blanket on the bed had several "personal" stains on it and had obviously not been washed recently.

My stay coincided with the peak of Dove Hunting Season, so the hallways were filled nightly with drunk hunters wandering from room to room. The doors are paper thin, which made getting any sleep a challenge given the party atmosphere in the hallways.

THE GOOD:
The front desk staff were courteous and friendly. If not for them, this review would have earned a 1/5.

I will not be staying at this motel again, despite several trips a year to Yuma for work.

• Liked — Front Desk staff
  • Disliked — it was disgusting!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MelissaCrawford, Owner at Yuma Cabana Motel, responded to this review, 6 October 2008
Dear Guests:

I always appreciate feedback from guests, good or bad. It's what makes our business better and better. There is no better feedback than from someone who experiences the room and the service. I have always encouraged honest feedback, and often I get it! :) And when I have an unhappy guest, I have gone above and beyond to make them happy. I have even put guests up elsewhere, if we have run into a situation that can't be cured in that moment, and we are booked solid.

At the Yuma Cabana Motel we "guarantee" guest satisfaction - before you leave. In every room you will find a suggestion/complaint card and we direct all unhappy guests to our Front Desk Manager or Maintenance Manager for immediate assistance. My personal toll-free telephone number is printed right there, in the event response from management is inadequate. I am sorry that we did not hear any complaint from this person. If we had, we would have taken care of the situation, or at a minimum, given a refund. There isn't much we can do for a guest that continues to stay in an unsatisfactory room, but doesn't complain or give us a chance to fix the problem. I am very sorry for the situation, and would have liked the opportunity to correct the issue at the time it occurred.

Sincerely yours,

Melissa Crawford
Owner, Yuma Cabana Motel

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Farr West ,Utah
Reviewed 29 September 2008

A good motel to stay in .The year of 2009 will be are 4th time to stay in YUMA.Rooms are quite and house keeping is very good.
The only fault we found was the bed was worn out and very uncomfortable.We stay about 10 days. I ask if in 2009 if could have new mattress on the beds in room 130.We really like this room and hate to change to anotherroom. They said there were no plans to change mattress . But if you could it would be nice.
Thanks a lot.
[-]

Stayed February 2008
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 9 May 2008

The Yuma Cabana is an older motel in the heart of Yuma that is in excellent shape. The owner, Melissa, takes personal pride in the motel. She even emailed us several times. We stayed for a week.

The staff is very accomodating, the pool area is just fine and the internet connections are quick. The beds are also newer and firm. The maid service is also very good.

The Yuma Cabana is a nice choice for people who want a secure location that has all the amenities, like grocery stores and restaurants, within a few blocks. We ran into several couples who have stayed there year after year.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Covington, Washington
Reviewed 12 April 2008

We were looking for a motel closer to my parent's home in Yuma and found Yuma Cabana through TripAdvisor. The cost was so much less ($211 total for a Deluxe King room for three nights) than the chain motel places we had stayed in previously, but the quality was much better. The staff was very friendly and professional.
We stayed in room 101. The room was large, exceptionally clean and in excellent shape. We had a king-sized bed, desk with chair and large armchair. It was on the poolside and had a patio door with two chairs provided to sit outside if we wanted to. The windows on the street side were opaque glass for privacy even when we had the shades open. A microwave and refrigerator were also in the room.
The bathroom was very big. The shower had a great shower head, and a shower seat was provided in case someone needed to sit and wash. There is a door between the shower/toilet area and the sink area, but none between the sink and room.
The only sounds we heard from other rooms were when doors closed in the hallway. There were traffic sounds since our room was on the road end, but the air conditioner fan was enough to cover it.
The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, juice and muffins.
We have already recommended this motel to other members of our family who will be visiting Yuma.

• Liked — Large, clean room away from major traffic.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Lumsden, SK
Reviewed 2 March 2008

We had a room with two double beds and a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard and pool area. The room had a small fridge and a microwave and coffee pot. Large TV and remote. Clock. On arrival the room was clean and smelled clean. Plenty of clean white towels with no "used" smell about them. Maid service daily was second to none. They did an exceptional job.

Pool was superior with no chlorine but as clean as your own bath at home. The salt water system used to keep this pool hygenic is simply a joy to swim in. Around the pool you can enjoy a picnic lunch or Bar B Q your own hamburgers or hotdogs. There are tables, lounges and chairs and lots of umbrellas. An area pleasing to the eye. Always kept very clean and neat.

Staff were pleasant, helpful and professional. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everything about our stay was #1. We shall return to the Yuma Cabana. Not the fanciest of Motels, but definitely a well operated business enterprise.

Oh, and the small laundry wasn't fancy but each of the two washers and dryers worked well and quickly.

If I had any suggestions for the owners/management of this Motel it would be to add a couple of kinds of cereal to the Continental Breakfast and perhaps put a couple of chairs near the laundry area. Otherwise, my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodation and our stay.

Stayed February 2008