“Very good value”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Arizona
“Very good value”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We stopped at the Yuma Cabana Motel in mid-October. I was more than a little concerned about our stay because of mixed reviews. However the price, less than $50 with tax was appealing. The motel is in the old part of Yuma about a mile off of I-8. The motel itself is old. However, it is well maintained and very clean. Our room was not large but clean and quite satisfactory for our one night there. The bed was comfortable, sheets and towels clean. The air was on when we arrived but it was not a particularily warm evening. My one concern might be the air conditioning in the summer because Yuma can get very warm and it looked as if the one outside wall was also an interior wall. Overall however this motel was an very good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Scotland
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Very average place to stay, no frills, rooms could do with an upgrade.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This is a very decent indie motel, and very clean. The best at this price point, no doubt. But you are not getting the Four Seasons here, just a good, clean motel. And this is the way every motel at this price point should be; its not an expensive thing to make sure housekeeping does a good job. Even with 5 HBO's, the cable is a little lacking. And it amazes me what people will call a "continental" breakfast. Yuma Cabana offers machine-type packaged pastries, coffee. Lots of preservatives and sugar. But this place is the best of the inexpensive motels.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Markfoto
Arizona
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed here on the strength of the other reviews and were glad we did. Budget digs ($50 for king-size bed), includes refrigerator. It was nice to be able to open the sliding-glass door and get a cool breeze; pretty bougainvillea too.
Continental breakfast nothing to write home about (cellophane-wrapped processed pastries), but that's no surprise given the reasonable price, and there is a Starbucks about a mile down the road.

• Stayed April 2009
3 Thank tumblingwater
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Just an update from our previous review: This is still our fave in Yuma, well priced, clean and comfortable. There has been some extensive remodeling, at least in our unit, and we like this place even more. Their pool no longer used chlorine, it is salt water based, and very clean. Fridge, microwave, good wired internet: all add to this motel's qualities.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lesbriggs
Newcastle
Reviewed 26 November 2008

This is an older style motel and is clean. The beds were however pretty uncomfortable and there was a strange smell in the corridors! Check in and the front desk were very helpful. There was nothing particularly good or bad about the place and would be ok if you were staying for a couple of nights!

• Liked — nothing in particular
  • Disliked — nothing in particular
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I stayed here for three nights on business at the recommendation of my boss. Let me begin by stating that I am not usually an especially finicky person, and I have stayed at my share of dives in my time. I travel a lot, and I've seen it all. This place, however, has some gross stuff going on!

THE BAD:
The hallways has an overwhelming, musty odor. I'd be interested to see a mold inspection report for this building.

The carpet in the room was filthy, and felt dank and clammy. Again, mold was a huge concern for me.

The matress was stained, with numerous cigarette burns, and had no pad, just a cheap, thin sheet over it. It sagged and was horribly uncomfortable. Apparently, I did not get one of the "good" beds. The blanket on the bed had several "personal" stains on it and had obviously not been washed recently.

My stay coincided with the peak of Dove Hunting Season, so the hallways were filled nightly with drunk hunters wandering from room to room. The doors are paper thin, which made getting any sleep a challenge given the party atmosphere in the hallways.

THE GOOD:
The front desk staff were courteous and friendly. If not for them, this review would have earned a 1/5.

I will not be staying at this motel again, despite several trips a year to Yuma for work.

• Liked — Front Desk staff
  • Disliked — it was disgusting!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MelissaCrawford, Owner at Yuma Cabana Motel, responded to this review, 6 October 2008
Dear Guests:

I always appreciate feedback from guests, good or bad. It's what makes our business better and better. There is no better feedback than from someone who experiences the room and the service. I have always encouraged honest feedback, and often I get it! :) And when I have an unhappy guest, I have gone above and beyond to make them happy. I have even put guests up elsewhere, if we have run into a situation that can't be cured in that moment, and we are booked solid.

At the Yuma Cabana Motel we "guarantee" guest satisfaction - before you leave. In every room you will find a suggestion/complaint card and we direct all unhappy guests to our Front Desk Manager or Maintenance Manager for immediate assistance. My personal toll-free telephone number is printed right there, in the event response from management is inadequate. I am sorry that we did not hear any complaint from this person. If we had, we would have taken care of the situation, or at a minimum, given a refund. There isn't much we can do for a guest that continues to stay in an unsatisfactory room, but doesn't complain or give us a chance to fix the problem. I am very sorry for the situation, and would have liked the opportunity to correct the issue at the time it occurred.

Sincerely yours,

Melissa Crawford
Owner, Yuma Cabana Motel

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels