“great stay, good price”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
los angeles
“great stay, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2007

We stayed at the Yuma Cabana over New Years Eve. We chose the hotel based primarily on good reviews on the site and the sheer fabulosity of the "Yuma Cabana" sign. The first thing I noticed is that the grounds are well kept and the reception area is well presented. This appears to be an independently owned operation and there are certainly advantages to this as everyone who worked there during our stay was very professional and helpful, especially Richard at the front desk. We were given a spacious quiet room with a large private balcony. Everything in the room was of top quality and we especially appreciated the fridge, microwave, and free DSL (wired). On top of all this the outdoor pool was heated to 85 degrees!

Stayed December 2006
12 Thank mmmvelour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2006

If the rates weren't so cheap, I would have given this hotel an even worse rating. I think my expecations were perhaps too high after reading all the great reviews on this site. I've never been to Yuma before, so I don't know what the rest of the hotels were like, but we were quite dissapointed. First the good - the staff was really nice. The room was clean.

BUT, for starters, there was some confusion about the status of our room when we checked in - I thought we had signed up for a king room, were given different rates by the front desk staff than quoted on the phone - which they fixed - they lowered the rate, but clearly they lowered our room too, as we got a single queen room on the bottom floor not on the pool side, instead of a deluxe king room as we were promised on the phone (and given the same rate rate for.)

Also on the "bad" list: this hotel had EXTREMELLY thin walls. I could hear every conversation that went on in the hallway outside our room, and even some outside the hotel in general, I think. And I'm a heavy sleeper - if you sleep lightly, bring your earplugs. And bring your own shampoo, conditioner, b/c they only offer shampoo and conditioner in one, in a wallunit no less. And you might want to bring your own towels if you have sensitive skin - our towels/washcloths/etc REEKED of bleach. I'm not usually fussy about furniture, etc in hotels, as long as things are clean, but the 'decor' in our room was laughable.

All in all- we will NOT be going back to Yuma or the Yuma Cabana anytime soon. But - side note - if you do find yourself in Yuma, def go to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner - GREAT meal at an extremely reasonable price!

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank janfrompa
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2006

They care!!!!
As a result of my critique of the Yuma Cabana, I received a personal letter in the mail from the owner Melissa Crawford. In the letter she apologized for the issues we had with the carpet in our room and described a fix to insure there wouldn’t be a reoccurrence. I was impressed that I not only received a response. I was impressed that they cared enough to send me a personal letter. YOU WON’T FIND THAT FROM A CHAIN HOTEL/MOTEL! Ms. Crawford also indicated that her personal contact number is now in all the rooms to insure full and complete satisfaction for all their guests. I feel the letter was sincere and the Yuma Cabana’s management is serious about their commitment to their guests. Although I can’t pull my original critique, I don’t feel there will be the same issues at my next visit to the Yuma Cabana...which there will be. I would be delighted to spend my next vacation there and I recommend their establishment.

Roy

• Stayed January 2006
8 Thank rclymer638
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2006

We went to have dental work done in Algodones, Mexico. This motel has the most reasonable rates in Yuma (my opinion). Yeah, its an oldie .. but the fridge in the room worked great, the AM coffee was free, the security appropriate, the housekeeping staff smiled and returned one's greeting of "Good Morning!" which to me means that management takes care of their employees. Its close to I-8 and many eateries. Will stay here again next trip. If you require that fresh paint odor, the chemical scent of new carpets and replace your washing machine annually, you may not like this motel. I'm almost 60 and I think its cool!

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank RustyInSeattle
Yuma, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2005

This hotel is centrally located. There are several restaurants and fast food establishments within walking distance. Grocery store is a block away. And there is a gym next door. It's clean. It's quiet and it's affordable. Rooms on the bottom floor facing inside have sliding glass doors for easy access to your car and the pool. The continental breakfast is a prepackaged pastry but JB's Restaurant is accross the street. Other hotels at this price are shabby but not the Yuma Cabana.

BTW: I'm a local who has used this place as a "getaway" sometimes in the summer. I crank up the A/C then relax by the pool :)

• Stayed July 2000
10 Thank Desertkitty
Bisbee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2005

For a quick overnight stop in Yuma, you cannot go wrong with this motel. The rooms are very large and the interior walls are brick, so you won't hear noises. Access to the rooms if via a central hallway, not a parking lot, which also seems to keep the room quiet. Each room has its own mini-refrigerator that can be plugged in if needed. The air-conditioning cools the entire room and doesn't blast a vent onto the beds. The staff will point you to Burgers and Beer for a fantastic breakfast, lunch or dinner. I bought a t-shirt to commemorate my stay.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
14 Thank BisbeeD
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2005

This hotel is the least expensive hotel that I have ever stayed at. If you need something below 50$ and want it clean, without worrying about your safety, and need a microwave, fridge, pool, and internet access then this is the place. Dog friendly establishment with a low fee of 6$.

17 Thank AZhiker