“Extremely comfortable and clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Phoenix, Arizona
“Extremely comfortable and clean”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I was in Yuma on business. Booked Hampton on recommendation from a coworker. Upon arrival, I was immediately upgraded to a larger room, which was a double/double with a sofa, chair, ottoman, desk and wet bar with fridge and microwave. The bathroom had a large vanity, which I like. Everything was spotless in the room and bathroom. The showerhead was one of the best I've encountered in a hotel. My pet peeve is when hotels skimp on the showerhead. Bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The breakfast was typical Hampton, which is fine with me. Cereals, oatmeal, make-it-yourself waffles, an assortment of breads, eggs and sausage. Everything was fresh and hot. Self-serve tea and coffee in the lobby was always stocked well. Front desk staff was excellent - made great recommendations for dinner and shopping (which is just beyond the parking lot - I walked to everything). My ONLY complaint - the in-room coffee. It is awful. But, I'd rather they skimp on the coffee/coffeemaker than anything else - I can always find a Starbucks.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 December 2012

They have remodeled and upgraded the rooms. They are very clean and super nice. We stay at Hampton Inns when ever we can and this one rates as the best. If you go through Yuma, you will want to stay here. There are lots of choices in Yuma but I would stay here again. Spent a night going and a night coming back to San Diego.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite - well worth the extra $10.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grubstake
Shelburne, Vermont
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is a consistently excellent Hampton Inn. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the breakfast food is hot. The hotel is next to a commercial / shopping center with lots of restaurants that are within easy walking distance This Hampton is a favorite for military contractors in Yuma on business so the hotel is busy during the week. I recommend making reservations early. I have stayed here three times and each stay has been excellent.

Room Tip: I like the East Facing rooms because I am an early riser and it is wonderful to have a cup of coffee...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wadi S
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 31 October 2012

If you have to visit Yuma, AZ then consider Hampton Inn and Suites. Like most of the Eastern part of Yuma it appears to be meds than the years old. AC worked great, boy was I thankful for that, it gets really hot in Yuma. Great location for restraunts, shopping and entertainment (movies). Hotel is very clean, cool and friendly staff. Free parking, nice work out facility, good morning breakfast. I would stay here again, if I am forced to visit Yuma again.

• Stayed October 2012
The Old Pueblo - Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stopped for the night on our way to San Diego. Friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms. The lobby was under renovation but was going to be complete within days of our stay, should only enhance a great stay. Breakfast was typical but met the need. I would highly recommend this for an overnight or for an extended stay in Yuma.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
traveling
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed here one night with my wife and 4 yr old daughter and loved it! Very clean and spacious.One of the biggest issues I have with hotels is the cleanliness of carpet. Having a 4yr old crawling around on the floor makes you appreciate a well-kept room. The staff was also some of the best I have encountered in all my travels. Breakfast was good and the location is excellent for all dining and shopping needs. With all of the new hotels to choose from in Yuma, this Hampton makes the decision a no-brainer!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed a night on our way to San Diego. Very worth it. We were debating driving through but glad we stayed the night. Beds were very comfortable which is the most important aspect, and the rooms were clean. The breakfast in the morning was a good way to start the day, and the location is good next to their mall for shopping and restaurants. Staff was nice at checkin and at breakfast. Overall, a very satisfying stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple