“Amazing!”

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
NC
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband was staying here for 3 months for work. My daughter and I came for a visit and the staff was very welcoming. While he was at work they brought up a pack-n-play and extra pillows. The staff and management were so nice and mannerly. If I needed anything they provided it and quickly. My daughter also spilled on the carpet and I called the front desk to inform them and they had someone up within 10 minutes with a steam cleaner! The cleaning staff was amazing, never had any problems with them. On several occassions I came back to my room to discover that in addition to clean our room they madeup our daughters bed and arranged her stuffed animals in there as well. My daughter also had her 1st birthday while we were there. They had accomodated us having a birthday in their common area and they staffed joined, as well as purchased a gift and card for her. They also drove me to the airport at no cost! I will definitely be coming back to for future stays.

Room Tip: I would advise a room that has two beds if you have children and are staying more than a few days. T...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
phoenix
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old son on our way to San Diego from Phoenix. It's nice to break up the drive and it was free with my rewards points. It's easy to find, right off the freeway. The grounds were very clean. Upon check in, I was warned that the room we booked might be a little small for 3 people. It may have been for three adults but fit us just fine. The room was clean and I was surprised by the size of the kitchen, they had everything! Wi-Fi speed was great, had no problems. The bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked. Breakfast was ok. Had some French Toast (which you don't usually see at a free hotel breakfast), but didn't have the regular sausage and egg patty as usual (something I was looking forward to for some strange reason). I had to track down a front desk person to check us out. Other than these small problems, this was a fantastic place to stay for the night or an extended time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank elitetravelerPhoenix
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

A very pleasent place filled with guys who work at the testing grounds, so it can be difficult to get a room. The place is crowded, especially at the front where the cigarettes are smoked while cell conversations go on. I had to ask the front desk person to move a car from blocking the handicapped parking spot, and it turned out the car was hers, which is disgraceful. Otherwise, the rooms were great, clean and modern. The guy upstairs from me walked like an elephant, so I did have to call down to the desk about 1:30 in the AM when he took to dancing up there, but overall, a great place to stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: be a Marriott Rewards platinum member
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank suspect309
Vista, Ca
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed 1 night using points and got upgraded to 2 bedroom suite. Rooms on small side with some furniture clutter. For example, door did not open all the way in larger bedroom due to chest or drawers. Also, no suitcase racks so had to leave them on floor in closet, expect more from Marriott. Continental breakfast little on weak side also.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PopTopBob
Fairmont, MN
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We visited the in-laws for five nights and stayed four of them at the Towne Place. I was able to get four nights on Marriot points at a pretty decent rate. I didn't have enough points or we would have stayed here all five nights.

Check in went very smooth. I reserved a queen suite and asked for an upgrade. It is strange, but I was told they do not have any king suites on the property. Oh well, I don't get upgraded every time. We got to our room and being used to a king bed at home we started wondering what it would be like to sleep on a queen bed together for 4 nights.

After thinking about it awhile, we went back to the front desk and asked that if a room with two beds opened up later in our reservation, if we could change to it. Aaron told us to wait and got the manager of the property to help. Not sure if he was tired of us or didn't have the authority to honor such requests.

The manager was quick to point out that a two bed suite was 10,000 points per night more. I told her I know I don't have that many. She kept fiddling with the computer and finally told us that she would upgrade us to a two bed suite for no additional points and wished us "Merry Christmas"!

We were VERY appreciative and VERY impressed with the room.

The Towne Place is right off exit 2 of I-8 and just off of US 95. It is also right across the street from a mall. Very convenient and it was also very easy for us to find our parent's RV Resort.

The breakfast in the morning is OK. The washer and dryer worked great. We enjoyed our stay at the TownePlace and will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Allgoodonesgone
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 12 February 2011

First off I moved into this hotel from the Holiday Inn Express up the road, This place is much nicer. You feel like your at home with the wonderful Staff and Workers. Whether your doing laundry, (Cheaper than Holiday Inn), BBQ'ing on the Great "Clean" Grill or getting in a quick work out this place is hard to beat. If your like me and enjoy cooking, you cant beat the kitchenette to do your cooking with just about everything you may need, if your missing something just ask the Staff and they will get it for you.

Sophia the lead staff lady and the crew went above and beyond the call of duty to fix my room after I arrived. I had my carpet Shampooed, my floors Steam Cleaned and my Drain unplugged all in 1 day...You wont get this attention to detail for other places.

Great Breakfast and PM Snacks also while you stay here.....And if your not into that, you can easily walk within 200 meters to eat at variety of places..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank adventurecpl2009
California
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Booked a two bedroom suite, which worked out perfectly. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. The staff, including the cleaning service staff, were friendly and helpful. This hotel is close to the mall and most any kind of food you could want - all within a couple of minutes. One of the best hotel stays I've had in a long long time. Will definitely book there again. It was also fairly quiet as far as freeway traffic, etc.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends