“No Place Like Home”

TownePlace Suites Yuma
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our family relocated from NJ to Yuma, AZ and we stayed at this property for 5 months. During that time the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I can't remember a time they did not go over and beyond to assist us from best places to dine to best place to live! The suites feel like you are in an apartment, because they are so spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was good and the nightly snacks with Thursday night dinner made our stay even the more enjoyable. Staff members that were superb and whom I will never forget; Amber, Charles, Daniel, Moses, Jackie and everyone in housekeeping. Best place for kids, especially teens!

Room Tip: Top floor, corner suite facing parking lot has the best view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank momof2andamut

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed here a week for work, and thought it was right in line with other suite-hotels of this type. Staff with whom I interacted were very friendly. Seemed relatively new, but the carpet had a dank smell to it. Kitchenette was nice. Yuma has a little mall and chain-restaurant area near Hwy 8, and this is in that area. Right across the street is a 24-h 50's-style diner, which would likely have been convenient for many of the guests. Light breakfast is free in the morning, coffee juice fruit toast yogurt etc.. Pool seemed nice, but no hottub. It was in the 90's the week I stayed, and unfortunately the in-room A/C unit is 2 feet from the bed, so when it clicks on it will wake you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Just got through spending a month in this little establishment...can't really say too much bad about it. My room, a one bedroom suite, was clean and well appointed though a little worn and weathered. Some of my bathroom fixtures didn't work very well (read: toilet) and all of the drains emitted sewer smell whenever you ran water into them. On the positive side...the bed was comfy, the air conditioners worked like a champ, it had a good shower and I had plenty of room to spread out. The walls were a little thin but all in all, a nice place to stay.

One thing I will say negative about the place though is the breakfast...merely a conteniental with muffins, cereal and fruit. Extremely lackluster especially for a hotel such as this. Even Holiday Inn Express has a better breakfast. What gives Mariott?

Room Tip: Stay off the ground floor...the ceilings are very thin and it sounds like a herd of water buffalos w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne777
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A really nice,clean and well maintained hotel. The suites are a little smaller than some of the other TownePlaces I have stayed in bu it is very comfortable and very good. Crisp linens and towels, friendly staff and pretty close off the highway.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JYPA
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband was staying here for 3 months for work. My daughter and I came for a visit and the staff was very welcoming. While he was at work they brought up a pack-n-play and extra pillows. The staff and management were so nice and mannerly. If I needed anything they provided it and quickly. My daughter also spilled on the carpet and I called the front desk to inform them and they had someone up within 10 minutes with a steam cleaner! The cleaning staff was amazing, never had any problems with them. On several occassions I came back to my room to discover that in addition to clean our room they madeup our daughters bed and arranged her stuffed animals in there as well. My daughter also had her 1st birthday while we were there. They had accomodated us having a birthday in their common area and they staffed joined, as well as purchased a gift and card for her. They also drove me to the airport at no cost! I will definitely be coming back to for future stays.

Room Tip: I would advise a room that has two beds if you have children and are staying more than a few days. T...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old son on our way to San Diego from Phoenix. It's nice to break up the drive and it was free with my rewards points. It's easy to find, right off the freeway. The grounds were very clean. Upon check in, I was warned that the room we booked might be a little small for 3 people. It may have been for three adults but fit us just fine. The room was clean and I was surprised by the size of the kitchen, they had everything! Wi-Fi speed was great, had no problems. The bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked. Breakfast was ok. Had some French Toast (which you don't usually see at a free hotel breakfast), but didn't have the regular sausage and egg patty as usual (something I was looking forward to for some strange reason). I had to track down a front desk person to check us out. Other than these small problems, this was a fantastic place to stay for the night or an extended time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank elitetravelerPhoenix
Reviewed 6 April 2012

A very pleasent place filled with guys who work at the testing grounds, so it can be difficult to get a room. The place is crowded, especially at the front where the cigarettes are smoked while cell conversations go on. I had to ask the front desk person to move a car from blocking the handicapped parking spot, and it turned out the car was hers, which is disgraceful. Otherwise, the rooms were great, clean and modern. The guy upstairs from me walked like an elephant, so I did have to call down to the desk about 1:30 in the AM when he took to dancing up there, but overall, a great place to stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: be a Marriott Rewards platinum member
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business