“Right on I-8 easy to get to and quiet”

Holiday Inn Express Yuma
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Paso Robles Wine Region, California
“Right on I-8 easy to get to and quiet”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I really liked the location. Its located about 5 min from the motel cluster in Yuma. Located right off I-8 and across the freeway from Loves truck stop. It made it easy to get fuel but is located far enough from I-8 that we didnt hear any highway noise. The rooms were clean and roomey. The breakfast bar was good with pancakes and all the usual breakfast items. The pool was nice , with the night time temp around 88, it was very refreshing. The staff was helpful,and polite. If you want to dine its just about 5 min to all the good dining in Yuma. We had a truck load of tools and supplies and we felt very safe parking here. I will stay here again, its great for both family and business trips.

Room Tip: You can pick a room on the off highway side for some great views of the farming in the area. The hi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
kruelcj78, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
John J,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to submit such a flattering response about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Yuma AZ. Our staff enjoys reading all of the reviews submitted concerning our property, they especially liked your. These reviews help the whole team keep up the good work as well as strive to make every guest feel at home.
Once again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing during your next trip to Yuma.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Corona, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The staff was very nice and eager to help with anything we needed. The rooms were very large and clean. They opened up the breakfast area early for us as they knew we were leaving early in the morning. I wouldn't ever stay anywhere else. I plan on returning next year and years to come. Thank you to the fine staff at Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
HIExpressYuma, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Lisa R,

Thank you for the kind words. It's those personal touches, like opening for breakfast early, which set us apart from the rest. We here at the Holiday Inn Express Yuma like to hear of the wonderful time our guest had at our hotels.
The staff is always looking forward the latest review and always works hard to keep the hotel at its best for our guest.
Once again thank you for you kind words and we look forward to you next visit to Yuma.
La Mesa, California
Reviewed 27 July 2013

After a long exhausting drive it was great to be treated well at the front desk! The staff were kind and professional. The pool was warm and we swam watching a beautiful sunset! Quiet setting. The breakfast buffet was clean with a good variety of choices.

• Stayed June 2013
Wyoming
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is one of the nicest hotels we have ever overnighted at! From the front desk staff, to the full breakfast in the morning, to the large and very comfortable rooms, this hotel would be hard to beat! I definitely give it a high rating! Thanks for your great service! We will definitely return when we are in your area!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I travel all over the world doing comedy hypnosis shows. The Front Desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel lobby, breakfast area (possibly the best free hotel breakfast I've had), and my room was very clean and well maintained. The water was hot. The sink and tub drained properly. The room was big, had good lighting and there was a big desk to work on. The room refrigerator was larger than normal. The bed was great and even had "soft" and "firm" pillows to choose from. The hotel and staff were very quiet. A super value for the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere else in or around Yuma, AZ!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here for 5 days. Rooms were very nice and very clean, had a little fridge which was nice too, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Loved that all the palm trees had spiral lighting on them...it was beautiful at night! Only things we didn't like was the pool atmosphere...it's very sparse and uninviting, plus there is no shady area in the pool, so in the hot Arizona sun, it made for some very uncomfortable swimming and just didn't look nice at all. We also didn't like the limited breakfast offered. There were some egg and sausage thing, fake looking waffles, a small assortment of very sugary cereals, and a pancake maker. We were hoping for something a little more healthy and less processed. We also didn't like that there was no option for pay per view movies or anything. The TV was very boring, we would've liked to watch a movie or two. As nice as the rooms were, I wouldn't stay here again for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Meghann B,

Thank you for your feedback. While we am pleased that you liked our clean hotel and rooms as such we regret that you found the pool atmosphere and breakfast selections less than satisfactory.. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Please remain assured that we will share your comments with the respective departments to improve upon our service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
arizona
Reviewed 23 May 2013

A little hard to find maybe, but well worth the price! I love the fact that there isn't a whole lot built in this area yet. It is nice and quiet, easy to come and go, perfect!

I pretty much made a last minute reservation. Secured the reservation with my credit card, and arrived after 11 PM. The front desk greeted me immediately and was very friendly. Cheerful in fact. Such a nice change to have a friendly person behind the desk! And even though she was having a discussion with what looked like her boss and one other employee, she stopped what she was doing just to greet me! I wish I could remember her name! And unfortunately my receipt does not have it on there either. She also gave me a little "midnight snack" of chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of water, which was much appreciated! I felt like royalty!

Anyway, as late as it was, I was able to change rooms without any problem. I was booked for an upstairs room, but upon arrival I was so tired I really didn't want to walk any further. No problem, she switched me to a first floor room!

I cannot stress enough my recommendation for room 136!!!!!!!!! I do not know if this was a handicapped room, and that is why it was available for me to switch to, or why it had so much ROOM! But it was grand! There was nothing to indicate that it was a handicapped room, so to this day I still do not know. The room was great! The location was the bomb! You park on the side of the hotel, in a well lit parking lot. You walk right up to the side door, and BAM! you are right there at room 136! Location, location, location! It was sooo unbelievably convenient! I was able to be right by my vehicle, unload with ease, and feel secure, all at the same time! This room has two queen beds, non smoking, and spacious! Roomy bathroom, desk, and refrigerator. Everything you could possibly need and then some! OH! Which reminds me.... in the bathroom you get some cute little goodies! A shoe polish cloth, a shower cap, a bar of soap, and some of the best smelling lotion, shampoo & conditioner! I mean this shampoo & conditioner smells like it is from Bath & Bodyworks! It is the most fragrant cinnamon spice smell! I love it!

Breakfast was typical fare. Coffee, tons of coffee, milk, juices, yogurt, muffins, hot & cold instant cereals, fresh fruit, waffles, toast, jelly, eggs, biscuits n gravy, etc. Adequate enough to last you until your next stop. The swimming pool runs the length of the dining room, so that adds a little entertainment as you sit along the glass dining room windows. You can grab a newspaper and head back to your room.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, I'll be in room 136 if you need me!

Room Tip: Room 136 is the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family