“Very nice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
lompoc
“Very nice”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My wife and I were a little skeptical at first, but we were pleasantly surprised. Nice room and easy location to get too. We also enjoyed the breakfast every morning. We would stay Here again and are planning too in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lompocian
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. Looking forward to your next visit. We really appreciate your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My family and I stayed 2 nights (and commuted back and forth to the imperial sand dunes during the day). Pulled into the complex and was a little surprised that it was older and not a traditional style hotel. Went to check-in and the staff was great, offering me a nice room with 2 queen beds. I booked through Priceline and so I asked if I could upgrade to a suite, which they happily said no problem. I paid just an additional $10/night, which I thought was more than fair. I got to the suite and there was a problem with the HUGE PLASMA TV in the main room. Went back to the front desk and they came out to check, and verified there was a problem. The very nice lady then offered to upgrade me to a deluxe suite for no additional charge. This was exceptional service. I enjoyed the size of the room and my kids had their own room with tv/dvd as well. The included breakfast at restaurant next door was average to above average, much more than you get other places. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay and we hope to stay there with you again next month. High recommend!

Ryan Van Langen

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you have any kids... much more room and kids have own tv/dvd in their room. It w...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ryan V
We apprecaite your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Surrey
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Priceline and other sites rate this place as 3 stars. Sorry but no. At best 1.5 to 2 stars. Located on the old highway through town, noise from passing vehicles continues all night. Unsafe part of town so don't venture outside at night. Room was very tastefully updated and everything worked just fine. Staff really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They could see the look of surprise on our faces when we arrived. Had it not been prepaid we would have left. Free breakfast is across the street in a local pub.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
We want to thank you for your comments about your stay at the hotel. We are located in the historic area of Yuma, but the county sheriff dept. is right behind the hotel. So I think we are in a pretty safe area. Noise is normally out of our hands but I recommend on your next stay ask for a quiet area and we will do our best. We apprecaite your business and are looking forward to you return.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

I love vintage motels and often get off an interstate to find one. This Best Western provided a nice upgraded vintage motor inn room for our one night stay. It was very clean and the bed comfortable. It consists a several properties that are centrally managed so I can only report on my room. Breakfast was included and served in the restaurant across from my building. I have no complaints about my stay and would recommend this vintage motel to friends.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmcquest
We want to thank you for letting us know about your stay here at he Best Western Coronado. We apprecaite your comments and are looking forward to your next visit to Yuma, Arizona.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have stayed at this motor inn several times since it is only a three hour drive from San Diego. In fact this is the only place I stay with its many amenities such as the resturaunt and full bar attached to the Inn. Location wise is nice in not located in all the main transportation hubs of the city. The Inn is near the casinos and the old territorial prison that is worth a visit. The Inn is quiet and located at the far north end of Yuma near the Hwy. Warm weather features two pools+ a small gift shop in the lobby. Ice machines and vending machines abound along with the resturaunt and a busy pub. If traveling with children this may not be for you but is really designed for the adult travelor. Only negative is while staying there recently I noted room rates have gone up. Otherwise it is a quaint Inn with much history.

Room Tip: For the travelors who imbibe: Request a room on the far north end of the motel. The resturaunt and...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for your comments. Our hotel is located very close to all of the historic sights of Yuma, which is a big plus for travelers wanting to do sight seeing. We hope to see you again on your next trip.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 December 2012

While I am use to staying at mostly corporate type hotels this little charmer surprised me. The rooms are dated but they make up for it with clean rooms, amenities (free wifi, fitness room, business center, flat screen TV with a large channel selection and pool) and friendly staff. The beds are comfortable too. My only suggestion is to put in white shower curtains. The floor to ceiling tile shower is like a dark room once you close the curtain.

Room Tip: You have a choice between a shower only or a tub/shower. I chose shower only which was closer to th...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank skayc
We strive very hard to make our rooms and ammenities comfortable for our guest. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 December 2012

A work trip - for three weeks, meaning I judged this place based on long term livability. This Best Western is charmingly historical, with nicely appointed rooms. My room had a fridge, and a microwave, a couch and a nice big study table. There are two swimming pools and a variety of blocks of rooms. I was in a "long-stay" room across the street from the main reception. I hated being without a stove, and I hated listening to the wall-neighbor's television every night. I also rather disliked the restaurant style breakfast. It's included in the price of the room, but because I had to get to work every morning it was a waste of my time to go to a noisy restaurant (jarring music in the morning) and order a meal. I would have preferred ordinary continental-style options. Reception was very friendly and the cleaning ladies were accommodating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate you staying with and for future stays, we do offer rooms that have full kitchens for your convenience. We hope to see you again in the near future.