“Linda Sullivan "Perfect Reunion"”

Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas
“Linda Sullivan "Perfect Reunion"”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First off I would like to personally thank the owner, Yvonne, for accommodating me on such short notice. I was in Yuma on May 8th thru the 11, visiting my brother that I had not seen in a very long time. Upon my arrival, I noticed that the landscaping was very nice. My room was to die for. It was very roomy, had everything I could ask for, updated ceramic tiled bathroom, coffee pot, refrigerator, ect... my bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while traveling. Most definitely got lots of r&r. I felt very safe and comfortable there. Along with your room you get breakfast vouchers. The restaurant/bar and grill is located across the street. It was awesome. The first morning I was there, I walked across the street ordered coffee and waited for my brother to arrive to have breakfast. I had the best customer service I have ever had. All the staff was very attentive, pleasant, and wore smiles. This place is definitely a must when traveling to Yuma. Again, thank you so much for such an enjoyable stay. And please thank your staff, they deserve it. I'll definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: I personally like a room close to the pool or restaurant.
Green Features: This is a very clean place. Inside and out. Energy efficient light bulbs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
justhavenfun,

Thanks so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, my staff really works hard to give Superior Customer Care. As you know we have been here for a long time, so our repeat guest are very important to us. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return trip to Yuma, Arizona. Let me know next time your here and I will personally give you a tour of our museum, so you can learn the history of the hotel as well as Best Western. See you then!
Thanks Again
G. Manager/owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Flagstaff, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I always stay at the Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma when I am there. It is located near downtown and the Colorado River. Breakfast is provided at the Yuma Landing restaurant. The pool is small, but quite adequate. Rooms with kitchenettes are available. Some hotels in Yuma will only let you turn the AC to 75 degrees, but the Coronado is NOT one of them and you can sleep in nice cool air!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Debera T
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Debera T,
First I want to thank you for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. We strive to make you as comfortable as possible. Your comfort while in Yuma, Arizona is very important. We believe a nice cool room is a must, as you know we do have very warm weather. Thanks Again and looking forward to your return trip to Yuma, Arizona.

G. Manager\Owner
Tempe, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were on this trip for business. This is an old hotel but very quaint with a lot of amenities. Excellent restaurant, food was fantastic and the service was great. Wonderful staff at the hotel, friendly and helpful, room was clean room, nice and quiet, Everything you could want - full kitchen, large room and bathroom. Would stay here again for pleasure any time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel-Yuma, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Debra W,
Thank you for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. We all all kinds of rooms so if you come on pleasure instead of business, try one of our different room types. We have over 15 room types, something for everyone. Seee you on your next visit to Yuma, Arizona.

G.Manage\Owner
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This property looks like a typical Motor hotel lodging from the outward appearance. Looks are definitely deceiving. At first glance I was pretty disappointed as I pulled in to the parking lot, but the lobby was quite nice and the staff very friendly. I was happy with the price for the room, so I took the room. What a surprise inside. This property must have been recently updated because the décor and layout of the room was outstanding. The convenient location and terrific inside appearance make this a definite winner of you need to stay in Yuma.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

GregandBecca,
Thank you for your recent review. It's very hard when you are the oldest Best Western in the United States. We have really tried hard to keep the hotel up to the standards that the guest need. Plus stay up with the standards of Best Western . Thanks again, looking forward to your next visit to Yuma, Arizona.
G.Manager\Owner
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We wanted a good nights sleep with a restaurant close and breakfast the next morning and we got it all at such an affordable price! We were happy to stay in this historic motel and were pleasantly surprised with a jetted tub! We had a good dinner and breakfast at the adjoining restaurant. The bed was very comfy with good pillows! only two negatives that I told them at checkout. The hairdryer didn't work and for some reason to get the volume to work on the tv, you had to turn it on and off! She sais they were in the process of replacing tv's and our room might be one that hadn't been changed and they would check the hair dryer. i would have been upset had I not had myty own with me!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Precious50Spokan,
First I want to thank you for writing this review. I'm sorry you had trouble with your TV., but the front desk was correct. We have been installing new TV's this whole month. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Looking forward to your next trip to Yuma, Arizona.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

An older motel that was converted to a hotel but the rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable. Good breakfast and great staff. The problem was with the smoking tables set up outside of the rooms, many people outside smoking and the smoke blew back into our room when we went in or out of our room. Why have these smoking tables so close to the rooms, this is a big hotel, why not have non smoking areas and have the smoking in defined areas? This seems that BW is trying to have it both ways and this is a shame. We do not care if people smoke but we do not want it in our bedroom or in our faces.

Room Tip: Caution if you are a non smoker.....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OPosier
OPosier,
Thank you for your review, and we appreciate your input on the smoking areas. hope to see you on your next trip to Yuma, Arziona.

G.Manager\Owner
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location and staff cannot be beat. The rooms are clean and modern and the breakfast at the nearby restaurant is great! It is the oldest Best Western in the United States and it's history is reflected in black & white pictures at the motel and restaurant. The coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator are a bonus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

patriciamR7268HP,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to your return trip. Please let me know next time your in town and I'll personally give you a tour of the hotel museum. See you then.

G.Manage/Owner