“Very Convenient Place to Stay”

Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Close to Mexico for those dental appointments and shopping, close to the mall or more shopping and just off the freeway.Off-season the rates are very low. Some redecorating was going on while we were there, but the rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. Thought we were getting the lowest rate, but found out the next day we were not. Happy Hour rewards drinkers of alcohol mostly. Nice courtyard near the pool and the breakfast was very good. Only one of our keys worked even after getting them reset so that was a hassle. Internet service was great.
That said, we will stay there again because it is so very convenient and reliably clean.

Room Tip: Inner courtyard rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Char A,
Thank you so much for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. Yes, we do have a little remodeling going on, but we are always trying to keep up with our customers needs. We are very close to Mexico, hope your appointments went well. We are looking forward to your next visit to Yuma, Arizona. See you then.

G.Manager/owner

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent hot breakfast with choice of meats and how your eggs are done together with hash browns and toast and your choice of drink, coffee, tea or juice.. You are actually served in a restaurant. The motel was close to the highway and about 10-15 minutes to Los Algodones, Mexico that we visited and also very close to the historic Yuma Prison.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Clem L,

We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast, we have tried to make the breakfast a great experience. It's nice to wake up in the morning and have someone serve you instead of you have to serve yourself. We are centrally located for most of the sites. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Off-season, the rates were more than reasonable; rooms large and airy; efficient air-conditioning; beautifully maintained pool; and a good location. Highly recommended! I imagine for a family pleasure trip, this would be close to perfect. Free breakfast at the next-door restaurant was excellent, and unexpected!

John Bryce R

Thank you for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. We strive to give Superior Customer Care, so I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we have some great rooms and amenities for families, you were right on that. Looking forward to your next visit to Yuma, Arizona.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The only reason that I didn't rate this property as "Excellent" was because the swimming pools are in desperate need of repairs, although still usable. I felt like the staff definitely cared about my experience. Bedding/beds were of good quality and the rooms were a nicely appointed surprise. The free breakfast was on the high end in this price range and even included a choice of cooked to order bacon & eggs. The location is a perfect starting point to explore historic Yuma. For those of you driving from CA to the beach resort of Puerto Penasco, Mexico, It's a great operational stop being just 4.5 hours away by good roads. I definitely will be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Randell P

First I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for you over night visit to Yuma, Arizona. We appreciate your business as well as your loyalty to the Best Western Brand. The pool was under going some repairs, so hopefully the next time you visit we will meet your exceptions. Thanks again and looking forward to your repeat visit to Yuma, Arizona.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 May 2014

First off I would like to personally thank the owner, Yvonne, for accommodating me on such short notice. I was in Yuma on May 8th thru the 11, visiting my brother that I had not seen in a very long time. Upon my arrival, I noticed that the landscaping was very nice. My room was to die for. It was very roomy, had everything I could ask for, updated ceramic tiled bathroom, coffee pot, refrigerator, ect... my bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while traveling. Most definitely got lots of r&r. I felt very safe and comfortable there. Along with your room you get breakfast vouchers. The restaurant/bar and grill is located across the street. It was awesome. The first morning I was there, I walked across the street ordered coffee and waited for my brother to arrive to have breakfast. I had the best customer service I have ever had. All the staff was very attentive, pleasant, and wore smiles. This place is definitely a must when traveling to Yuma. Again, thank you so much for such an enjoyable stay. And please thank your staff, they deserve it. I'll definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: I personally like a room close to the pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

justhavenfun,

Thanks so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, my staff really works hard to give Superior Customer Care. As you know we have been here for a long time, so our repeat guest are very important to us. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return trip to Yuma, Arizona. Let me know next time your here and I will personally give you a tour of our museum, so you can learn the history of the hotel as well as Best Western. See you then!
Thanks Again
G. Manager/owner

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I always stay at the Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma when I am there. It is located near downtown and the Colorado River. Breakfast is provided at the Yuma Landing restaurant. The pool is small, but quite adequate. Rooms with kitchenettes are available. Some hotels in Yuma will only let you turn the AC to 75 degrees, but the Coronado is NOT one of them and you can sleep in nice cool air!

1  Thank Debera T
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Debera T,
First I want to thank you for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. We strive to make you as comfortable as possible. Your comfort while in Yuma, Arizona is very important. We believe a nice cool room is a must, as you know we do have very warm weather. Thanks Again and looking forward to your return trip to Yuma, Arizona.

G. Manager\Owner

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were on this trip for business. This is an old hotel but very quaint with a lot of amenities. Excellent restaurant, food was fantastic and the service was great. Wonderful staff at the hotel, friendly and helpful, room was clean room, nice and quiet, Everything you could want - full kitchen, large room and bathroom. Would stay here again for pleasure any time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Debra W,
Thank you for choosing Best Western for your travel needs. We all all kinds of rooms so if you come on pleasure instead of business, try one of our different room types. We have over 15 room types, something for everyone. Seee you on your next visit to Yuma, Arizona.

G.Manage\Owner