Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$93
ComfortInn
US$75
US$118
1,105 results
All reviewshappy hoursocial hourfree drinksbest westernsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyliving roomhot breakfastdental workwafflesgreat place to staypotatoesshopping and restaurantslos algodonessan diegopjsalexis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Staying here with about 10 other coworkers. Reviews are really mixed as I talk to the others. Personally, my stay started out strange. I tried to get into my room with my keycard, and it would not work. So the mainenance man came over and also could not get into the room. He then slid open the window, which, he told me wasn't lockable, and jumped through to open the door for me and said "There you go". Really? You are asking me to pay for a room that has unlockable windows, and a door that doesn't open from the outside?" They made the command desicion to put me in a different room, which is a small meeting room that can covert into a regular room. Quite large, but no "Cloud 9" bed. What you get is an oversized room, with a "bar area", stove top, small dinky fridge and microwave, and a bed that folds into the wall. LOVELY. I had been traveling all day, and thought I would just exchange rooms a second time later in the week, because our stay was to be 30 days. Never did stay 30 days in Yuma, and never raised a ruckus to be switched out again. My fellow employees who have nice beds absolutely love them.

The employees are definately pleasant. They have a morning breakfast which I have never tried because we leave the hotel each morning at 4:30am to head out to work. Also have never used the pool. Looked clean. The hotel itself is a bit of a maze and people often wandered past my room saying "Where the heck are we. I am so confused". The layout is hard to describe, but it is 3 levels with various "ground" levels, depending on what side of the hotel you are on. It seems to be several buildings haphazardly put in close proximity to each other, with the pool in the middle. I prefer rooms with the doors facing outside instead of the interior hallway, and thats what you get here.

The landscaping is really well done and the place itself is clean. The biggest complaint I have is the internet service. It auto disconnects you about every hour, and the login process is fairly quick, but a pain in the butt. It is also SLOW. Any hotel that advertises highspeed broadband nowadays better have HIGH SPEED. I got better speeds with my cell phone.

It is definately worth consideration staying here. It's right in the middle of everything and near immediate access to I-8. Restaurants and shopping are very close. I need reliable internet, so I could never stay here again, but if you don't you might find it quite nice. Just don't expect a cloud 9 bed if you're in room 170. I am giving sleep quality two stars, but keep in mind you may give it 5 if you get the right bed.

Room Tip: Demand a room with a Cloud 9 bed.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Sales Coordinat... C, Director of Sales at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for your comments! We value your feedback, and appreciate your thoughtful review. It is unfortunate that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay, but know that these will assist in our constant endeavors for improvement. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to serve as your host in the future!

Reviewed 12 June 2011

The rooms are older, but well updated. Walls are a bit thin, but the beds are very nice and its a clean, comfortable place to sleep. Breakfast hours start a little late, but breakfast is great.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for your comments, your feedback is greatly appreciated! We have enjoyed having you here at the Best Western Plus InnSuites!!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights while having dental work done across the border in Los Algodones.

The rooms have been redone and are very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows nice and fat. There was a huge flat-screen TV at the foot of the bed mounted to the wall. It was quiet and my room overlooked the pool. The staff were friendly, although most spoke Spanish which I don't but they were very helpful. The only drawback for me was that there is only one ice machine - behind the poolside restaurant - and it was a long walk with a very sore mouth and a bit doddery on drugs. It would have been great to have one on each floor (I was on the second floor).

Free breakfast each morning was great, as was the two free drinks at happy hour.

I started my stay at the Howard Johnson's in Yuma and was appalled at the room so made the switch to here and, at $10 extra a night, was WELL WORTH it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments!! We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you and your son enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Yuma!!

Reviewed 21 May 2011

I've stayed at this hotel before for work, and it is a great experience. This would be a good place for a family vacation or romantic getaway. The heated outdoor pool and patio area are very nice, and having a bar/restaurant on premises is a big plus. Great free breakfast (I wish it opened earlier though). It has its downfalls, rooms are kind of noisy, and there are cleaner places, but it's better than most hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank You for your review regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus InnSuites Yuma. We truly appreciate all comments so we may improve on our services.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

Second stay at this hotel in about a year. Some improvements in accommodations (e.g., light-blocking drapes) seem to have been been made since last summer. The facilities have much to recommend them, including the pool and the excellent complimentary breakfast. We did have an issue with no TV remote in the room ("Are you sure you can't find it?" we were asked). Though this is a minor detail, it took more than one request and several hours for the staff to attend to it, with no intervening communication. Once we received a remote with batteries, we could not get it to work despite following the instructions repeatedly. When compared to a competing hotel we'd stayed in in Yuma several days before, the service was not nearly as welcoming and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family