“Best Western Yuma - NOT Handicap Accessible” 3 of 5 bubbles

Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Avondale, United States
“Best Western Yuma - NOT Handicap Accessible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice clean hotel and very good customer service but the rooms are NOT Wheelchair friendly. The room had a roll in shower but no shower bench. No grab bars to transfer on to the toilet so transfer at your own risk! Beds appear comfortable but was too high and could not transfer on to it. You will need a sliding board as well as a rope to pull yourself up on to the bed. If you have a companion to help you that will also work. If your in a wheelchair check out the room first before paying for it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Reymundo L
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Let me apologize for the issue with your room. I am working hard to renovate guest rooms to be more accessible to our guests with special needs. I hope that if you do want to come back, you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your reservation and assure you of a great stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at a Best Western in Tucson which was also very nice so chose this Best Western hotel in Yuma. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Easy walking distance to Logan's for a great dinner. The pool and hot tub were sparkling clean, pool towels easy to get and the happy hour made it fun meeting and talking with other visitors in a pleasant outdoor space. We were in Yuma since we needed dental work in Mexico and this motel made it a mini vacation. The personnel were all helpful, friendly and spoke English! I was surprised by the notice in the room that they have had trouble with people stealing towels, pillows, lamps, furniture and even artwork, so have to charge for these things if missing. So sad that there are people in this world that think it is ok to take things that do not belong to them. Glad to see Best Western is holding them accountable! The breakfast buffet was very nice. Something for everyone and plenty of hot coffee. There is a small refrigeratory and also a microwave in the room. We also liked that the granite sink was outside the beautifully tiled toilet/bath room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank chriskaia
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
On behalf of the staff and Best Western, we thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. Glad you enjoyed the pool so much, we just did some upgrades there and are working hard on the rest of the hotel to make everyone have the best experience. See you soon here in Yuma.
Fergus Falls, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Still working hard to upgrade and justify prices. Generally a comfortable stay. Always little nit-picky things, like bathroom sink drains slow or low water pressure. Maintenence seems to be a weak area. I keep going back though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Darrell I
I appreciate your comments and assure you that we are working very hard on restoring rooms here on the property and making big improvements. If you will contact me directly, I will be happy to give you a free night stay here on your next trip.
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel was a cut above some but showing age and could be maintained or renovated to bring it up to standards. The food, pool and hot tub were very good. It was all placed very well so there was no traffic around these areas so quite private. The outside rooms are noisy do to traffic AND garbage pick up at 5:00am

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad you liked the location and hotel and I assure you that we are working hard on making big improvements to the property. I hope you will come back and see big changes next time you stay here. If we can help in any way, please let us know and see you soon.
Stillwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

All staff members were friendly, even the maintenance man doing some work outside. The gal at the bar and the same one for breakfast was efficient and friendly. We loved free bar in pm and the breakfast bar in the morning. Small pool but well maintained and clean hot tub. Good location near freeway and a huge shopping center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Gary S
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
What a kind response. We do value your feedback and are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here. Come back soon and relax by the pool and enjoy the free wine or beer from PJ's Cafe.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked a room on what was apparently a very busy weekend in Yuma. We were in town saying our final goodbyes to my fiance's grandmother, as she was getting ready to pass away. The whole family gathered at her house and discussed where everyone was staying that night. My fiance, his brother, and I had booked a room on our way up through hotels.com, about six hours earlier, at Best Western InnSuites, but everyone else was struggling to find a place with rooms available. This was shocking to me - YUMA?! Regardless, we called the hotel around 7:00 to be sure our room was still available, and we were told yes, we had a reservation confirmed through hotels.com and it was on hold for us. I had been sick with a nasty sinus infection and bronchitis, so when I announced I was ready to go check into the hotel room at 8:00, we left right away. When we got to the hotel, we found out that no, we did not have a room; it had been given to other customers! We were absolutely floored! And to top that off, the girl who was working the front desk acted like she could not have cared less that she had given our room away. She offered us a smaller room (?!) and we told her this would not work for us, as we have an infant and needed the suite. She repeatedly told us that losing our room is why we should not book through third-party sites. Well, maybe don't put your hotel rooms up on a third-party site if you don't want people booking through them! The front desk girl was SO unbelievably rude about the whole thing that I am in shock that this hotel is operating with her working there. She didn't apologize a single time for the inconvenience! The hotels.com rep on the phone was extremely helpful and apologetic and wound up giving us a room down the street at Clarion for a better rate and identical amenities (free breakfast, wifi, etc.), AND gave us a $100 credit for the trouble, and it was all smooth sailing from there. But dealing with the front desk rep at this Best Western for over 45 minutes while I was feeling REALLY crummy and then NOT having our room was DEFINITELY a reason for me to not ever visit this hotel again. I will warn people about the service we received moving forward. The InnSuites in Flagstaff is incredible and has always had great service, so I was disappointed beyond belief in this experience in Yuma.

Best Western, InnSuites, I was at your hotel on March 18, 2014 from 8:10-9:00 p.m. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you examine closely the front desk rep and re-evaluate her employment with your organization.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy S
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Amy,
I sincerely apologize for the issues you had. There is NO reason for your room confusion and I have already spoken to the clerk. While it is true that we try very hard to make every attempt to honor room type requests, we did not and should have offered you 2 free rooms. I am so sorry for your loss and understand your frustration and assure you that I immediately researched this and spoke to the clerk. I hope you will contact me directly so that I can offer you a free stay here if you would like to. I want to show you that we indeed can provide to you a wonderful room and restful stay.
Marshall wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great for extended stay. Caring staff (Lupae, Norma, Jeremiah, Brian, Jesus, Alexis, Christi and Julia to name a few) makes you feel like it's your second home. Close to mall with lots of restaurant choices. Manager's barbeque (first Wed of each month), great breakfast with different choices everyday, and a social hour with 2 drinks (beer or wine) added perks to your stay. They are in the process of updating the grounds with flowers, new lighting and new walkways. Big improvement. They also are updating the rooms adding to the comfort of your stay. Overall a great vacation spot close to lots of things to do.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We just love our winter visitors and it is so nice to hear you speak so positively about the staff and the great time you had here. We feel that you are family members and can't wait until next year when you come back.