Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, NV
“Great stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Like many people, I came to Yuma to get some dental work done just across the border in Algodones, Mexico. Chose Best Western due the quality and consistency of other BW hotels I have enjoyed, and was not disappointed. This BW is convenient to Interstate 8 but is very quiet. Very close to shopping and restaurants, too. The hotel has been remodeled and the rooms are nicely appointed. The front staff are especially friendly and helpful. My room had a very comfortable king bed, large flat screen tv and a breakfast bar with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. I did ask about their upgrades and they offered me a suite for a very nominal fee, but my single room was quite spacious. A large free breakfast was available at their centrally-located pub every morning, with a lot of choices including hot coffee, juices, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausages, diced potatoes, cereal, and waffles. They prepared fresh hot food all morning; nothing was allowed to get stale or dry ( you do have to make your own waffles but they come out perfect every time). Plus they had a pleasant little happy hour at the pub from 5:00 to 6:30 PM every day. The pool is tightly surrounded by 2-3 stories of rooms, so there's not a large window of opportunity to work on your tan, but both the pool and spa were very clean. All in all, a very nice place to stay and a great value.

1 Thank Studio9
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
What a nice response about your stay here!!!! I sincerely hope that you will come and stay again soon and enjoy the city and our hospitality. We are making big changes for the better and our location is so convenient for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
Thatcher, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stay here every time I go to Yuma, twice a year with 10 rooms and approximately 20 people. I have never had a bad experience and my every whim has been addressed and taken care of immediately. The staff I dealt with this year have my highest regard and should be very valued by the BW family (SUE, LUPE, JUAN--I did not get the Friday morning breakfast server's name) I like to call this Hotel home when we are in Yuma. My name is Kate McCluskey--Head Softball Coach, Eastern Arizona College.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Kate; Thank you so much for the great response and taking the time to let us know about your interaction with our staff and service during your stay a few weeks ago. We take pride in offering our guests an exceptional experience each time they stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and the EAC teams soon. Please contact me at 928-783-8341 or email at cgibel@innsuites.com if you need anything at all.
West Grove, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This stay was horrific for me. They never notified me when I received mail, this happened twice, along with the fact that I still had mail there the day I left that they had to send to my home address. They fired the 2 two girls who were working the breakfast and happy hour/dinner and hired inexperienced staff that could not open on time, have food prepared, serve drinks, and keep stuff in stock. this resulted in me not being able to have breakfast for 4 days. Or have all items daily, not a decision I would have made as a manager. I believe the guests comfort should have come first and should have made sure things ran as they should have before putting it on the guest.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank David B
We thank you so much for your response regarding your recent stay with us. We are doing our very best to make positive changes at the hotel and apologize if we did not meet your expectations while you were here. If you need anything at all, I can reached at 928-783-8341 or cgibel@innsuites.com.
Santee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful from the front desk, to PJ's pub to housekeeping. We needed laundry detergent to do a small load while eating breakfast. The young lady at the front desk called housekeeping and asked her to deliver it to us at the pub, which was done with a smile. The evening social hour was a nice way to relax once we checked in. The hot breakfast was great. A little bit of everything to satisfy everyone. We had a king executive suite which was well furnished and clean. We had encountered no problems with the exception of internet. The access code would not work. But, using the internet was not something we had to have, so for us it was no big deal. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Yuma.

Green Features: I appreciate the fact that this hotel is environmentally friendly. The energy efficient appliances, the laundry service. Keep up the good work!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
WOW! What a nice response and we really thank you for taking the time to let us know about the service and the amenities. I hope that you will continue to come back and observe all the renovations and upgrades we are making to the property. Have a great summer. Please notify me if you need anything at all at 928-783-8341 or cgibel@innsuites.com
Marion, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

To start with I got a good price on this room. I bid priceline and they accepted. Also the rooms have been redone and I was pleasantly surprised by the condition. Since they gave me a good price I did not get breakfast coupons. Which I think is deceiving on their and pricelines account both. Why get it 20 dollars cheaper if the breakfast cost you 25 for your family.
Also I had no internet the entire time I was there. When I checked in they told me a password change was coming but they did not have the new one yet. Old one would not work. Later I got the new one and It wouldn't work either. The clerk told me to try again in the morning. The morning clerk said oh yeah we have internet we just changed passwords. But still no internet. Not a bad stay but probably won't do it again. Also noise level of those walking outside the hall is very loud. Sounds like they were in the room with you.
Decent place and staff was friendly. I guess the bait and switch kind of got under my skin a little

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tony t
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I see that you posted comments and while we are glad for feedback, we don't charge for breakfast. We serve a free hot extensive breakfast in our cafe every morning!!!! We have eggs, potatoes, bacon, cereal, fruit, biscuits and gravy, waffles, etc. That is part of our service here and we also have a happy hour to offer 2 free drinks in the evening. That is a great deal for the rate and I hope you will come back and eat our breakfast and try the happy hour too. If you need to reach me, cgibel@innsuites.com or call me at 928-783-8341 any time.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Loved this hotel for the most part. Every staff member, from the front desk to the bar to housekeeping, was extremely friendly and went out of their way to help. Amenities were great: the breakfast was good, two free drinks at happy hour were great, and I loved the free shuttle service anywhere within 5 miles (useful after those two free drinks). The room was clean, the beds were plush. Landscaping is nice and I actually enjoyed a long walk around the hotel grounds. A few drawbacks. They seemed to be understaffed in that housekeeping didn't come until late afternoon. The rooms are most definitely not "suites", just your typical motel room with beds, desk, TV, bathroom. Some rooms have a decent-size refrigerator, but ours was too small for more than a few items.

Green Features: There are signs all over about environmentally friendly practices, but I question their implementation. Towels and sheets seemed to be changed whether requested or not. If it's true that they donate unused food, that's great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your response and it's nice to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed the staff and the food. Just want you to know that since check out is at 12pm, our housekeepers service the rooms that are available first and usually are here in the late afternoon in order to service all check outs and stay overs. I certainly apologize if you were not attended to until later but they do their very best and hope that you will come back and stay again very soon. Please call me if you ever need assistance at 928-783-8341 or email me at cgibel@innsuites.com.
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Came 2 Yuma 4 my husband's eye surgery. Great rate, very nice suite! Free hot breakfast, one free drink @ happy hr, quiet even though the hotel was pretty full, nicely landscaped, food & shopping w/in a mile. Right by highway 95 & the 8 but heard no traffic. Friendly staff. We didn't receive any welcome package as other people mentioned. The bed was a little hard my personal liking but overall, excellent room & rate. We'd stay again

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you so much for the response and it great to hear all the positive comments and that you will come back soon and stay and see the continued changes. If you ever need anything please call me or email me directly at 928 783-8341/cgibel@innsuites.com.