“Pleasant surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orland, United States
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lived in Yuma for 5 years, never visited. Hotel close to shopping. Pool and jacuzzi in excellent condition. Breakfast was not your ordinary continental bfast. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, tater tots all hot. Loved my stay!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
So nice to hear that you had such a great experience here and that you took the time to post such nice comments about the hotel. The staff and management are working double time to make big changes and improvements here and if you ever need assistance, please contact me directly at 928-783-8341 or email me cgibel@innsuites.com. Come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Awesome rates (I got mine through Priceline), beautiful pool, family orientated, huge free breakfast and an awesome social hour with 2 free drinks and nachos. The rooms were clean and suited our families needs. Staff was very friendly, especially the staff in the restaurant. We travel to Yuma frequently and will be staying here more often. The only thing I think that they should improve on is the loud noise the maids carts make going from room to room on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We are early risers, so no problem here, but if you like to sleep in late I would advise getting a bottom room floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you! We are constantly looking for new ways to show our guests how much they mean to us and if you should ever need anything at all, contact me at cgibel@innsuites.com or 928-783-8341.
Timbuctú, Tombouctou, Mali
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Fantastic breakfast selections, though the girl seemed to get in the weeds at one point and the tables didn't get cleaned. GREAT front desk staff. The location was perfect and they allowed my pooch. What more could I ask for?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
I am so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the service you received here. We are always looking for ways to help our guests and make positive changes to the property. Come enjoy happy hour and relax by the pool again.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have to tell you that my stay at Best Western Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites gets better with every stay. They are improving this facility on a weekly basis and every stay improves. The PJs Cafe that they have is improved 100 percent with in the last year. The attention to detail and the Hospitality I would put up against any 5 star resort anywhere in the continental United States.

All I would like to say is thanks to the new Management and Staff and I cant wait for my next stay

Room Tip: In my opinion I would spend the extra $20 to upgrade. It makes you feel like your home.
Green Features: You can ask anyone for anything without worrying about if you are going to insult them or feel bad for asking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. The staff really puts forth the effort to assist the guests and we are making a lot of changes to the hotel so come back and see what we have done for you.
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice property, good value. On the negative side, some of the front desk staff need serious training about guest service issues, the pool could have been cleaner, and the general maintenance isn't up to par.

Room Tip: Pool side - big suite of possible
Green Features: SOME of the front desk staff were NOT as professional as I am used to in other hotels. Also it took 3 to 4 calls & E-mails to confirm my reservation.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments and the time you took to respond. Our staff works hard to make the guests comfortable and your posting means so much to us. Hope to see you again very soon.
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Like many people, I came to Yuma to get some dental work done just across the border in Algodones, Mexico. Chose Best Western due the quality and consistency of other BW hotels I have enjoyed, and was not disappointed. This BW is convenient to Interstate 8 but is very quiet. Very close to shopping and restaurants, too. The hotel has been remodeled and the rooms are nicely appointed. The front staff are especially friendly and helpful. My room had a very comfortable king bed, large flat screen tv and a breakfast bar with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. I did ask about their upgrades and they offered me a suite for a very nominal fee, but my single room was quite spacious. A large free breakfast was available at their centrally-located pub every morning, with a lot of choices including hot coffee, juices, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausages, diced potatoes, cereal, and waffles. They prepared fresh hot food all morning; nothing was allowed to get stale or dry ( you do have to make your own waffles but they come out perfect every time). Plus they had a pleasant little happy hour at the pub from 5:00 to 6:30 PM every day. The pool is tightly surrounded by 2-3 stories of rooms, so there's not a large window of opportunity to work on your tan, but both the pool and spa were very clean. All in all, a very nice place to stay and a great value.

1 Thank Studio9
What a nice response about your stay here!!!! I sincerely hope that you will come and stay again soon and enjoy the city and our hospitality. We are making big changes for the better and our location is so convenient for you.
Thatcher, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stay here every time I go to Yuma, twice a year with 10 rooms and approximately 20 people. I have never had a bad experience and my every whim has been addressed and taken care of immediately. The staff I dealt with this year have my highest regard and should be very valued by the BW family (SUE, LUPE, JUAN--I did not get the Friday morning breakfast server's name) I like to call this Hotel home when we are in Yuma. My name is Kate McCluskey--Head Softball Coach, Eastern Arizona College.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Kate; Thank you so much for the great response and taking the time to let us know about your interaction with our staff and service during your stay a few weeks ago. We take pride in offering our guests an exceptional experience each time they stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and the EAC teams soon. Please contact me at 928-783-8341 or email at cgibel@innsuites.com if you need anything at all.