“Very nice indeed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Very nice indeed”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice suites to stay in for any time on the road. All the help I met were very nice and helpful. Great breakfast with a buffet. Has a nice pool, not really big but nice, Has a washer and dryer on site. Very good location, close to shopping and plenty of restaurants. Has a free happy hour which was surprising. Has wifi and a business center. Good prices. Has a shuttle service to drive you locally. The driver even dropped off my leftovers at the front desk for later pick up while I went shopping. Has refrigs, microwaves etc. A great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
On behalf of the staff and the management, we thank you very much for you post. It certainly helps us here at the hotel when the guest provides feedback. Being so close to the interstate, mall, downtown, casinos, river and restaurants is a great convenience to our guests. Come back soon and if you ever need anything, call me at 928-783-8341 or email me at cgibel@innsuites.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
Chico, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Yuma Mall while I was getting dental work done in Los Algodones.

Pluses: Free shuttle (within business hours, my flight in was delayed and it was after their shuttle hours) from the airport to the hotel and back and to nearby locations. Very friendly and helpful staff from the front desk to housekeeping to the food guys. Free breakfast with great hours. Breakfast was more than adequate (pretty much the same every morning). The bed was quite comfortable, wi fi worked fine, there was coffee in the room, etc. Location is very good. Within walking distance (if you want to brave the heat) to Target, the mall, movie theaters, etc. The hotel lobby has a great little business center if you want to print out boarding passes, etc.

Minus: The toilet was not awesome. Without going into TMI, you have to flush many times to get it to do it's work. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said they'd fix it but still, same issue. Low flow toilets that you have to flush 8 times don't really save water.

Well, really, that's it. Good value for the money, for sure.

Heads up, if you want to get to the border, you can either rent a car (talk to the hotel front desk, they apparently have a deal with Enterprise for $19 a day + taxes) or talk to the other hotel guests in the breakfast room, somebody might give you a ride or call a cab - i was very pleased with Crazy 8 Cab company (figure $25-ish with tip each way). Highly recommend Castle Dental in Los Algodones, great work.

Green Features: Low flow toilet that you have to flush multiple times (and still doesn't flush) does not save water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Chris, thank you so very much for taking the time to relate your experience on TripAdvisor. It is important to us that you were happy with your room and that the staff gave you superior service. I sincerely hope that anytime you are in Yuma, you will come back and stay with us and see the many changes we are making here. If you ever need assistance, please contact me at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341. Safe travels.
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is amazing, wouldn't even think to stay anywhere else when I'm passing through again. Check in with Ashley was delightful! She was very friendly, courteous and professional. My husband and I were having trouble figuring out what to have for dinner and she recommended a neat little place called Penny's which was amazing! THANK YOU! When we got to our room, it was immaculate... and did I mention HUGE!! My husband and I both slept like babies. Breakfast was just as amazing. Lots of choices to choose from. As it was a shame wouldn't couldn't fully enjoy this hotel as much as we would have liked too, check out was just as pleasant! Sue checked us out and was just as friendly, courteous and professional. Overall, I loved my stay here. Will be back again! The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and the hotel itself is beautiful. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
How nice to see that the staff and hotel were such a delight for you!!!! Ashley is amazing and we all want our guests to be happy, relaxed and well fed. Being so close to the highway, mall, downtown, casinos, restaurants and river are a plus here. We welcome any suggestions and thank you so very much for the kindness. If you ever need assistance, please contact me at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341. See you soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This best western was not the most expensive one that I stayed in. I've been on the road for five weeks on motorcycle try to stay at best western seems to be the best deal for the price. But in Yuma it was more than excellent. Great service first place I see that had a free shuttle to bring you to different places and come back to pick you up just by calling the front desk. They had happy hour at the cafe by the pool were you got 2 free draft or 2 glasses of wine for free. Very good breakfast extremely clean well maintained. I recommend this place to anybody going to Yuma.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
We are overjoyed that you found the property so rewarding!!! We work hard to make sure our guests have a relaxing and comfortable. We are upgrading and updating and hope that you will return to see the changes. If you ever need help, call me at 928-783-8341 or email at cgibel@innsuites.com.
Prescott
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Checking in late after a long drive and greeted with a welcome bag (just water and crackers, but a nice touch). I was amazed at the room I received- at first I thought I was accidentally upgraded to a more pricey room. I was certain that the room I was in was double what I was paying- pleasantly surprised that it was the "standard" room I had reserved, but it was anything but standard. Best hotel I've stayed in for about the past 10 hotels. Great hot breakfast buffet in the morning. Business center with multiple stations to work from. Stayed again a week later passing back through- same great experience! Will stay here anytime we are in Yuma!

• Stayed July 2014
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely comments and taking the time to post your experience. It does the staff such a service to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you want to come back. If you ever need assistance, please contact me anytime at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341.
Tucson, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were there for a quick stop when driving from Tucson to San Diego. Everything was great about this hotel. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy. The only thing that I wish better is the noise level. Rooms have thin walls and you can hear everything from your neighbors. We got waken up early in the morning when people walked by (talking, dragging suitcases....). Anyway, for a quick night's stay it is fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
It's so good to hear that you found us on your travels. We are really making some big changes here and being so close to the interstate and the mall, our guests are happy with the convenience. I hope that every time you come this way, you will return and be our guest again. If you ever need assistance, please contact me at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341. Happy travels.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My Stay at your hotel was wonderful. The room was clean. Not to mention the room was cool and fresh inside, when outside it was miserable. The beds we oh so comfortable. Not to mention I fell in love with the pillows. I will definitely stay there every time I stay in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Charlotte, I am thrilled to see how happy you were during your stay. We work hard to show our guests appreciation and hope you know that if you ever need assistance, you can count on us. Please contact me anytime at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341. Come back soon!