I planned a dental trip to Los Algodones, couldn't get a reservation at Hacienda Los Algodones, so chose this as an inexpensive alternative. I read a couple of bad reviews elsewhere, but it was just fine. I got a sale price of about $43.00 a night and free breakfasts that were slightly better than the usual motel fare. There was also a cocktail hour daily and barbecue on Wednesdays, but I missed them, so can't report on what they were like. Ditto for pool and spa.The room was large, quiet, smoke-free, and clean, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron, and ironing board in closet. Bed was a very comfortable queen with a good mattress and decent quality sheets. Also good quality fluffy towels in the bathroom. Location is clearly marked on the map of Yuma, but it ls a little hard to find the entrance at first because road curves around at 32nd and 4th. There is plenty of parking. Location is central and near plenty of restaurants and other services. It is being remodelled, so prices may go up later. Note: If you have never visited Yuma before, get a map beforehand. Although city is basically on a grid, names and numbering of streets is confusing, eg., 3E Ave. is miles away from 4th Ave. 4th Ave is the central street of Yuma. When I arrived, I asked at the desk for a Yuma map. Person said they were out. Next morning, I asked again, and desk person looked surprised when I told her they were out of them yesterday. She said they weren't out, and gave me several copies of xeroxed maps from a drawer. They weren't very good maps and were incomplete. I went to the soda machine, and next to it was a display with the usual flyers of local attractions. On the bottom shelf were about 50 copies of a flyer with an excellent complete map of Yuma. Staff didn't seem to know about it. Also please note that many restaurants close early. If you want a pizza delivered , you need to do this around 9 PM. Overall, I would recommend this place as pleasant and a very good deal for the price. It is also less than 10 miles to Los Algodones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Inn Yuma offers a pleasant guest experience at any affordable rates The hotel is guest oriented and provides a Free Breakfast and WIFI as our 24 hour coffee in lobby we do accept AAA , AARP ,Military and more Howard Johnson is known to be a Fidos favorite with a greenery area for pets its known to be one of the best get away from home vacation Howard Johnson known to be one of the best hotels in the area bilingual front-desk and housekeeping department. come enjoy your stay at the Howard Johnson inn Yuma as our rooms have been remodeled don't miss out book know or call the hotel directly ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Yuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Yuma Hotel Yuma
- Howard Johnson Hotel Yuma
- Howard Johnson Yuma
- Yuma Howard Johnson