“What an improvement Must be new management”

Motel 6 Yuma - Oldtown
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Beverly Hills, CA
“What an improvement Must be new management”
Reviewed 30 August 2009

I have been at this property over the years and i do have to admit it had a bad look and was runned down. I dont understand why people complain the way they do like the reviews i saw. You pay for what you get! it seems as if some people expect to pay $50.00 and they think there staying at the HYATT well dont be cheap and complain! pay $99.00 and you will get 100% but i know this facility is doing good now cause the rooms are clean and the property is 100% improved so they must have had a change in management! I reccomend people try it and they will realize how nice the pool area is and how close all the restaurants and everything is. The workers are always smileing and friendly! Thank you MOTEL 6!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
palm springs
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We had a mix up with an other res. checking out other motels in the area, Motel 6, had sign $49.00 single. HBO, Inter Net. I'm handycaped and can't climb stairs. taking them at there word we booked in. for $55.63 real great but I should know there was a catch. Upon entering the room we had a 20" TV, no stationary,
no TV guide (but than we only had 8 channels) So tryed to use internet, no luck. Checking the bathroom we find 2 face cloths, 1
hand towel, 1 bathtowel & a floormat. Shower was dirty (hair on floor) & toilet not flushed from last use. Upon going to the office my wife finds out that internet is only in some rooms on second floor. (no elevator only stairs & at a cost of $3.95 more). cont.
breki amounts to 10% off at a nere by I-Hop. Than when I tryed to take a shower no hot water. This can happen to any motel, but still nothing 12 hrs. later. No in room amenities at all, only a single plastic glass & 1/2 oz bar of soap. The only way this was better than sleeping in the car was the indoor toilet. NEVER AGAIN

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tom15154

Travellers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 2 October 2008

I ended up at this Motel 6 because of a reservation problem at another facility in the area, and it was late in the evening. I do not think I had ever stayed at a Motel 6 before, but the TV ads seemed promising. There was initially no one at the office, and I was starting to leave, but the woman who registered me was pleasant enough. The room was small, but who cares....I was only going to sleep. The bathroom reminded me of a gas station bathroom, but cleaner--the exception being the shower floor--don't know if was stained, or just dirty. The blanket on the bed had definitely seen better days! Clean, but just plain old worn out! The pillows were not particularly full, needed both just to support my head. Lots of cigarette butts outside of the non-smoking rooms! The room was just plain TACKY!!! I won't stay here again unless I am totally desperate!

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank neonp
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 27 March 2008

We stayed here overnight due to a last minute change of plans during a road trip. It was hard to find much of anything available so we ended up with adjoining rooms here. I'm not much of a motel 6 fan but was fairly impressed when we first entered the room. It smelled clean and seemed well maintained. Unfortunately after further inspection I was not impressed. They must have sprayed the floor with some sort of freshener but when I bent down to access my luggage, the carpet smelled quite bad. There was a puddle of water under the TV, the shower floor was very dirty (though the water pressure was good), there was a long dark hair on a towel in our room and also hair on the towels in the adjoining room (where the shower was also quite dirty). We went to get ice and of the 3 ice machines near the lobby, only I was sort of working, we got almost 1 bucket of ice out of it and that was it. The beds were hard, but similar to most Motel 6 beds I think. There was a pill on the floor in one of the rooms, which the kids found. And somehow, they seem to have developed rashes from the wash cloths. There were not many options that had availability for the 1 night we were there but we will not be staying there again. From now on we will always plan ahead!

• Liked — It was available
  • Disliked — Dirty, badly maintained, no internet
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Kayte4321
U.S.
Reviewed 21 February 2008

Motel accepted about 40 motorcycles and riders for two nights. Motorcycles roared in and out of the parking lot until the early morning hours at full throttle with loud mufflers. Loud talking and yelling. Impossible to sleep and benefit from fee paid for room. Management apparently made no effort to control the disturbance of guests. Don't stay here if you want to sleep.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Jefferson, Iowa
Reviewed 18 July 2006

The best thing about this motel was the swimming pool. It was very clean and nice. Also the laundry facility was close to the rooms and was clean to use.

9 Thank Debra M
Boston
Reviewed 7 March 2006

It may be unfashionable to admit to staying at a Motel 6, but I think they are often the best value and a known brand for budget-minded travelers. So I had to write about the Yuma Motel 6 because it was clean, had a very pleasant atmosphere, was convenient to the highway, had a great swimming pool, and of course was the best deal in town.

• Stayed February 2006