“Still a great, place”

Ranked #136 of 258 Restaurants in Yuma
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2013

If I can I like to try a place a least twice. Here again, at the Foothills Eatery, to meet with a couple of friends, the food was great, ample portions, and great prices. The home made cinnamon bun is a creation to not only enjoy, but also just to look at. A giant, delicious, almost decadent, serving, big enough for two. The steak and eggs special, though small, about 4 ounces, was thick and juicy, cooked to perfection, tender, served with two eggs and hash browns and a toasted biscuit. Not the thin piece of stretched shoe leather that is served at some restaurants which special steak and eggs at this low price point.

Shared this with my partner.

Foothills Eatery has a great location, ample parking, easy access from the south service road, or from the interstate. Very well signed, and prominent, combined with prices that are economical, the service is down home friendly. The food as natural and as home made as one can get.

So, when you are around the area try it yourself, let's see if you agree.

1  Thank dave984MooseJaw
There are newer reviews for Foothills Eatery Wine & Spirits

Reviewed 11 March 2013

really turned themselves around the place looks outstanding! The food is so awsome and the Mike's Burger is freaking the best burger ive ever had!! if you want fair prices and outstanding food go here, but make sure you ask to not sit in Patties Section lol XD

1  Thank Kujonox
Reviewed 9 March 2013

After being a winter visitor here for 6 seasons we finally stopped in to give this place a try and we are very happy that we did. I was reluctant at first because I had always thought that this was a Bar and Grill. It was a big surprise to find that this was a full service restaurant. I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and I must admit that it was one of the best that I have ever had. It was saturday and the daily special was barbecue ribs which were cooked outside on a grill that had wheels on it. My wife said it was the best she has ever had. We were offered both soup and salad,not soup or salad. The side vegetable was carrots which I thought might be canned but was actually fresh carrots and most likely grown locally. After the meal we were offered dessert but neither of us could hold it. Certain desserts come with your meal order. This is now our favourite place to dine in the Yuma area and of course we will be back. Also the whole time we were there they played 60's rock music on the loudspeakers.

2  Thank Roy W
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is a family run, family owned business and it shows. The staff have been around forever and are just great. Food is hot when delivered and exactly as ordered. Great Breakfast menu and the price is right. The building is old but very clean and cozy. If you are looking for good food at the right price and great service, this is the right spot. Just make sure you bring an appetite because the portions are ample and dinner is all inclusive. Enjoy!

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I had breakfast there for the first and last time. On the plus side our server was very attentive. That, however, can not make up for the fact that the food was tasteless. The wife said her Eggs Benedict was the worst she had ever had and my biscuits and gray was a close second. The seem to do a good breakfast business but ours was lousy.

1  Thank bobandruthanne