“New, Clean, Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Batesville
texas
“New, Clean, Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

New hotel with helpful staff and clean rooms. The room was quiet and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be going to Batesville, Arkansas.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
holidaybatesville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you liked your stay with us and look forward to be of service to you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brandon, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I checked in at 9 p.m. and went straight to bed. When I woke up at 5 am I was covered with bites. When I called the General Manager the next day to complain and ask for a refund he asked why I did not complain when I checked out. I informed him that there was no one at the desk at 6 when I went to leave. The only person I saw was in the kitchen getting the breakfast ready. I had to leave to get to a meeting by 7 that was in Newport. The irony is that I stayed in Batesville despite being 45 minutes away to ensure that I got a clean room.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
holidaybatesville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this review, 5 April 2011
Guest called hotel day after checkout and also reported to our franchise corporate office.
As per corporate office instructions we had the room inspected by an outside extermination agency. The inspection showed no signs to match guests accusations.
The said room has been continuosly occupied before and after this guest,and nobody has reported anything so far.
We are not an independent hotel, we are part of the Intercontinental Hotel Group.We welcome all guest concerns and handle them professionally.If there is a problem, we identify and resolve it.
We do not believe in refunding to cover up issues, as this guest wanted to. She had threatened to report us, if we did not refund her stay.
However, we feel sorry for whatever happened to her, elsewhere, it did not happen in our place.(She did not report it while still with us and hung up the phone when the manager asked her to send pictures).
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

My husband and I like to travel in Arkansas and have stayed in this Holiday Inn Express twice. Both experiences were top-notch. The hotel is brand new and if I understood correctly, completely smoke-free. This is important to me because I have asthma and I am very sensitive to a room that anyone has smoked in, even if it was a month ago. The room was very comfortable and clean, smelled nice and I slept like a baby. I do have sense enough to wear earplugs while sleeping when I stay in any hotel as no hotel will be as quiet as home. The breakfast was good but I discovered in Arkansas the people don't normally eat grits, something my husband and I like but we enjoyed the food. The staff was courteous and helpful, the housekeeping thorough. I will stay in this hotel everytime I go to Batesville and that might be fairly often, as I loved the area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DisasterDoyenne
holidaybatesville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
We are glad that you had a nice time with us in Batesville and look forward to be of service to you in the near future.
Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stay at this hotel twice a year to stop and rest while traveling. It's clean and receptionist is nice. It's conveniently located near the mall and food area. They even have microwave and refridgerater in the room.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
holidaybatesville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this review, 11 December 2010
We are glad that you were happy with your stay with us and look forward to your next visit with us.
Beaumont, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

THE BAD: I stayed at this hotel after a long drive from Texas to attend a local function. I spoke with Chris (very nice) at the front desk before making reservations at Holiday Inn Express online. I requested a room in a quite area, high floor with a frig, non smoking. We arrrived at 3 PM to check in. We were told that the only room available was on the first floor next to the pool. We were told to come back later and maybe something would be available later. I was also told by the female at the front desk that requests were...just requests.....not a guarantee. Returned one hour later and was given room 222 on the second floor. At 7:00 PM I was ready for bed due to a long day but was unable to sleep due the noise from people above me.... just walking and the squeaking of fhe floor. I was told by the front desk that they could not request that the guests in the room above not walk and that the hotel was sold out. This continued through out the night. I left the hotel at 5 AM to look for another hotel. Comfort Suites next door could accomodate me and meet my needs. I told the front desk that I was checking out early and why. I was told that the guest above me had checked out early but there were no other rooms available to meet my needs (non smoking) I was also told that there were plenty of room availabe for that night and that the staff would try to block the room above me so that I could get some sleep. This they did and I finally got some sleep.

Upon check out I asked for an adjustment on my bill due to the lack of sleep on the first night. I was told that the hotel had lost revenue not booking the room above me on the second night and that is was unlikely that any adjustment could be made but and they would pass the request on to the owners. I checked out and never heard from the hotel about any adjustments to my bill. I did contact the Holiday Inn Express customer service and was offered 2500 points to my Priorty Club account. Really? This was unacceptable to me. I requested a full refund of the first night. After much conversation I was told that a refund check would be mailed to me. At this time....I have not recieved a refund check but surely it is in the mail.

THE GOOD: Chris at the front desk is certainly and asset to this hotel. Very nice and helpful (even offered to help me carry my bags to the car). The housekeeping staff is accomodating and friendly. The hotel in clean and the beds are comfortable. Cookies in the afternoon. Breakfast area was clean and had eggs, sauage, biscuits, cereal etc.

Would I stay at this hotel again? NO...because of the noise factor and lack of insulation between the rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
holidaybatesville, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Apologies for inconvenience-we would accommodate you on the top floor with nobody above you on your next visit. Please give us one more try.
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

This smalltown hotel has a staff that goes the extra mile for you.

We arrived in Batesville about seven in the evening. Not knowing anything about the town, we asked the girl at the desk about a good local restaurant. She picked up the phone and made reservations for us at a wonderful restaurant on the river and gave us directions. The next day for lunch, we were sent to the Country Club for a wonderful buffet brunch.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times when going to see relatives in Batesville, AR. It is clean, modern and the service is excellent. It's located near several restaurants and the hotel itself, is easy to find. There are several other hotels in the area but I find this to be the best one in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Comfort Suites Batesville
#4 of 5 in Batesville
Fortune Inn & Suites
Fortune Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Newport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville? Share your experiences!