“Refreshing and Satisfying Find”
Review of Ramada Batesville

Ramada Batesville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Batesville
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I arrived late in Batesville and found this hotel as I came into the north side of town. I have had great luck with Ramada’s and followed the Red sign to the front door. Check in was flawless and friendly. They gave me a room on the back side of the hotel where I could drive right up to my door to unload. That was very nice being it was late at night. Inside the room it appeared as a brand new hotel. Clean and bright and I was surprised on how large the room was. The internet worked so well that before I knew it I was up past 1am on the laptop while enjoying the HDTV. In the morning the shower exhibited wonderful water pressure as I have not had in years. Sweet. The other reviews on this hotel are obviously out dated. Great rate and Great hotel. I will return. BTW – If you’re a parent consider this hotel has a large outdoor pool in a courtyard. Ask for a poolside room and you can keep your eye on them!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
ramadabatesville, Owner at Ramada Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you very much for reviewing us. We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us and we look forward to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2010

If you don't mind sacrificing quality and cleanliness for price, then this may be your hotel. My experience at Ramada Inn Batesville was terrible. I will never again stay at this hotel due to very poor customer service, poor cleanliness, and the lack of organization that surrounds this Ramada Inn hotel. Both the Holiday Inn and the Comfort Suites are decent hotels and although slightly higher in price than the Ramada, they are much higher quality in customer service and cleanliness.

During my two-night stay at the Ramada Inn Batesville, I was given a "non-smoking" room that smelled like a smokey bar, awoke the first morning to find that housekeeping took down the shower curtain but forgot to install a new one, found the night clerk in REM sleep at 5:30 AM in the morning, and was told upon checkout that I was not being charged for the first night due to my poor experience, only to find out a week later that I was charged after all.

This hotel is not very clean, has poor customer service, and generally shows an overall lack of organization by management. I will stay at one of the other hotels next time I visit Batesville, AR.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2008

The room I had wasn't too bad however...the one thing that messed up my stay here was that there were a couple hundred kids staying here for some sporting event. Unfortunately, these kids were allowed the run (and I mean RUN) of the property comepletely unsupervised. I don't hold this against the motel as it wasn't up to them to provide supervision for the kids. In my opinion, whover was in charge (and I use the term 'in charge' very lightly) of these kids should seek alternative employment because they're not good at watching kids.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2007

Dead insects in the coffee decanter; brown sludge in the coffee maker water reservoir; burn holes from cigarette in my bed sheets; an iron that dispensed brown water & debris onto my dress shirt; and towels so ragged they should have been disposed of last year.....just a few of the joys of this property. I selected Ramada as I assumed it would be the best hotel option in Batesville. Think again folks. Brand new Holiday Inn Express next door that will get my future biz.

There is a bar on site, that you must pay $5 to join their membership to have a beer there (?). The restaurant, Jalapeno Grill was one of the most bizarre places I have ever attempted to dine in. I ordered the chicken fajitas; when the food arrived at the table, I asked for my check and bailed. Could not ever consider eating whatever it was. I know, I know...what was I thinking to try Mexican food in Batesville, but it is attached to the hotel.

l requested the king suite; what I got were two normal hotel rooms connected by adjoining door (?); the second room had tons of furniture and features a microwave that also doubles as a lamp stand. Very clever. Both rooms had an unpleasant odor as well. Wireless internet runs at about 28k; would not download basic web pages.

When checking out, I expected the typical "Was everything alright" from the reception person; Nope. Not a word....C'mon Ramada, you guys are better than this........Aren't you??

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Claydog59
Reviewed 28 July 2007

We spent two days at the Ramada Inn in Batesville, Arkansas. We were traveling with my step-dad and his beloved dog. I was traveling with my 11 year old son. We needed a pool for the child and dog friendly for my step-dad. I like clean and newer motels.
We got all three at this place. I should clarify, it is the only motel in Batesville that allows pets.

We were close to several places to eat. The rooms for animal owners are at rear of building next to large grassy area for dogs and kids to run around.
They had a nice pool and courtyard for lounging by.

Beds and linens were nice. The bathroom was a little small, but the rest of the room was spacious for the four of us.

Frig in room at no extra charge. They provided free newspapers daily. My favorite perk.

I visit family in the area every two years and due to recent deaths my usual family place to stay was not available. This was great alternative. My family was able to come and sit by the pool with us while the child played.

I will return in two years. I enclose photos of the place. You can never be sure until you see photos of the place. I never trust the ones taken by the motels.

Have a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2007

I was sent to the Ramada Inn for a work convention. I was pleasantly suprised. The motel is very clean and up to date. The room had no musty smell or smell of any kind which is nice. It also had all the amenities. I was allowed to change to a king room from a double with no problem. The mattress was great! The pool area is beautiful with many trees. It also has a nice hot tub. Although the pool was cleaned each morning, the pool still seemed a little dirty, but I do have to admit there was kids in there all day. All the staff was very accomodating. People in town recommended the restaurant as being a good choice for eating; however, we were not pleased. We found the staff to not know what they were doing and to be generally rude. One of our dishes was also cracked. I would recommend the motel, but I suggest eating elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2006

After reading the reviews posted on TripAdvisor(--), we were actually very pleasantly surprised with the property. The lobby and main areas appear to have been recently remodeled. Our room was clean -- and the beds were extremely comfortable. There are plenty of cable channels, and the water pressure is really good.

However, the restaurant was upsetting. On the night of our arrival, they closed an hour early. We went down for dinner and were rudely rebuffed by the sole clerk at the checkout counter. We went back in the morning (free hot breakfast is included with the hotel stay) and were yelled at by one of the waitresses when we tried to ask about the availability of coffee.

This hotel does have a decent pool and spa, and the desk staff is pleasant and kind, but we won't dine at the restaurant again.

Stayed: July 2006