“Bad Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Batesville

Super 8 Batesville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Batesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I had a great stay there. the staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff was very helpful with places to eat and directions on where i needed to go. rooms were clean. all in all this place was great. I would stay there many times over. Special thanks to the manager for having a great staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Elgin, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place sucks. And they are not friendly, nor do they have a good pet policy. Their pet policy is a $50.00 non-refundable pet fee per pet, plus a $25.00 extra room cleaning fee, but they have smoking rooms and they don't care that the place reeks of smoke. I'd rather have my clean cat in a cage mind you than the smell of stinky smoke wafting through my door. I'm telling you now, if you're travelling with your precious pets, skip this place and find one which will love your little ones like you do. In our case, we were moving to Batesville, and we only needed the room for 4 hours until our home was ready for us, but this made our move quite a horrible start. Hope the rest of Batesville is not like this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chelcie G
Fayetteville
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The room was very average. I had a hole in the bed spread. I liked the fact that the room had a refrigerator and it was quiet. Breakfast could have used some help. Cereal and microwave biscuits were the only choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the refrigerator and how quiet our hotel is. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and encourage you to reach out to our General Manager, Rebecca Holleman, offline to discuss your stay. I am happy to let you know that we will be starting some updates to the hotel shortly and hope that you'll give us another try after we finish the work.
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was notified when I got to the counter to pick up my keys that the rooms I got were smoking. I was not told this on the phone hwne I made the reservations. Even then I would think that they would take care of at least a bit of the stench in there. The walls were covered with tar. The bedspreads had burn holes in them. I had to run to Wal-Mart to find some febreze just to stand it. Partly my fault for not asking. Their breakfast consisted of stale cinnamon rolls and cereal. The worst part about the experience was the fact that I couldn't connect to the internet for 99 percent of the time I stayed there. I talked to the person at the lobby about it and he says that they are coming to repair it... which is kind of like the ice machine that also says it is waiting to be repaired. Me and my family will never do business with this company again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank William W
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
I am sorry to hear about your family’s experience at our hotel. Please accept my apology that we did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback as it’s only with truthful comments that we can better our services. Currently we do offer smoking rooms at our hotel. However, our policy is to notify guests of the room type when they make a reservation. We truly apologize if you were not made aware of it during the process. Were you able to speak with our team about the odor? We are usually able to place an ionizer in our smoking rooms which greatly eliminates most odors. We are surprised to hear your comment about the breakfast as every day we offer our SuperStart Continental Breakfast that includes coffee, tea, juice, milk, cereal and an assortment of baked goods, based on Super 8 standards. In regards to the Internet issues, we certainly apologize as we understand your frustration. You’ll be happy to know we are investigating the costs of upgrading our service. Again, we are very sorry that you didn’t have a better experience during your visit with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Ramada Batesville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville
Fortune Inn & Suites
Fortune Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Newport

Been to Super 8 Batesville? Share your experiences!