“Never leave hungry”

Brown's Country Store & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Benton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Never leave hungry”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

if you leave out of there hungry it is by you're own accord, literally has over a 100' all you can eat buffet and has some of the best food I've ever had with a great price, also has a 2 story store where they sell just about everything under the sun with great prices in the store and restaurant, they also have plenty of room for the class A motor home or a full size semi and they don't care if you park over night either so long as you've shopped and ate there

Cordova, Tn.
“Great Food”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Browns in Benton, AR. is a great place for hungry people. It is strictly buffet - which the buffet line is over 40 feet includes numerous salad items - numerous vegetables - sweet potato souffle is a must. Five to six different kinds of meats. some of the best catfish (cook just right and tender), Just a good round country restaurant. The help is friendly and attentive. Good selection of deserts.Easy access south bound on I-30 - north bound has to circle around and come back to store but well worth the trouble.

New Gloucester, Maine
“Buffet Only”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a buffet only restaurant, we went there because we were craving some good fried chicken. The place was busy, it was after church on a Sunday with many families being served. You pay your fee to the cashier and then get your tray and plate and get into line. The salad was nice and fresh, there was fruit, and Southern veggies, some of which I did not recognize. The buffet is two lines one in front and one in back, the front has signs telling you what the food is the back does not have any signage. The chicken came out of the back in small batches, and it was difficult to figure out what kind, breast, thigh, leg you were getting as there was so much added breading on it you could not tell. The first piece was a thigh, and was quite greasy and undercooked. When I went back I grabbed a wing, a leg, and what turned out to be a breast once the huge lump of extra breading was removed. This batch was very nice, crisp on the outside and juicy inside. The mashed potatoes were very good as was the cornbread. The dining area was clean although the open trash can of garbage being rolled around the place as the dishes were bussed was kind of gross. Deserts were plentiful and there was a self serve soft serve machine.
We certainly got our moneys worth, but buffets encourage you to eat more than you should, and for that reason I would rather order off a menu. If you go don't get focused on just one item, like chicken, as the cook working that station may be having a bad day. I think we would have done better if I had a more open mind before I started. Lastly two sodas at $2.32 each is something they should roll into the price of the buffet. A cup a of coffee at the desert bar would also have been appreciated.

1 Thank Sabbathday
“Crash course in southern cooking”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

If you are new to southern comfort food or looking for a "fix" Brown's is the place. From the mainstays like meatloaf and catfish to the "not seen to often" like chicken gizzards and turnip greens it would be difficult to find in one place; let alone in a reasonably priced all you can eat buffet. They even have wi-fi.

Missouri City, Missouri
“Gain Some Pounds at Brown's!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We spotted this place on our way to Hot Springs, and decided to stop for dinner on our way home; their sign advertising FRIED GREEN TOMATOES caught my eye. Brown's has a HUGE buffet with all sorts of yummy Southern food; if you go away hungry, well, I don't know what to say about someone who makes that claim. ha. When we arrived, the place was pretty busy, but the line moved quickly. You pay at the door, then get your tray & plate as you head to the buffet line, going back for any many refills are you want. Typical of places like this though, everything pretty much tasted the same; not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely not Long Horn Steakhouse. (-: The fried green tomatoes were edible, but as is usually the case, they were sliced too thick; I prefer mine to be thinly sliced and fried to a VERY crisp texture. On our way out, we took a quick trip through the gift shop. Brown's reminded me of Lambert's in Sikeston, MO, only the food was not nearly as good as Lambert's. Definitely not a place I will return to; been there, done that, no need to repeat.

• Visited February 2014