“I don't usually submit reviews!”

Home Towne Suites - Bentonville
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I don't usually submit reviews!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I'm making an exception because this stay was Terrible. The hotel is clean and not so bad - although very low budget. The problem is IT IS RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO A DOG KENNEL!! with big outdoor dog runs. I got in late the 1st night too late to move somewhere else. You can hear dogs barking just about all the time. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!! Any other hotel you find is likely to be nicer and NOT so noisy.

Room Tip: Might not hear the dog kennel on the SOUTH side
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lanegurel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I have never had a bad experience. This was a last minute booking and they got me into the room that I prefer with no problems. The rooms are clean and I love having the Fridge and Stove in the room. The hotel staff are always professional and very nice. I will return to this hotel when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I try to stay in rooms that are not next to the elevator or on the first floor. The first floor has...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ltesch
arkansas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Had a few issues with check-in.. the agent was new and the first room was not cleaned. The second room was okay although it was a handicapped room. The room was cleaned and nice, a/c worked great. The hallways were dirty, should be vacuumed daily in my opinion. The south door on the hotel (which should require a room key for security) had a zip tie on it which decreased the security of the door (no key required to enter.)

The hallways also have a smell to them (mostly due to people cooking in the hotel) but I can overlook that.

I will stay there again - I noticed my room was made up on my second night (perhaps because I have diamond status with choice) which was a nice touch. Once I got my room I was happy - but the dirty hallways and the smell of others cooking was a turn off.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I can’t say enough great things about this place. The rooms were clean; the staff was very nice and helpful. Especially Derik, I feel he went above and beyond to make sure our stay was fantastic and he certainly achieved his goal. The hotel was close to all of the attraction we were planning on visiting and very reasonably priced on top of all of that. I have to say I highly recommend this place and I know in the future it will be the only place I stay in Bentonville. Thanks again to Derik and the staff for the great experience....S

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Truly great place to stay ,Fantastic staff support well balanced by assistant manager karena.
Karena has been very helpful and was always right on toes to provide any assistance and also has responded well in terms of arrangement & for a request of change in time of daily morning shuttle services.Indeed I would suggest that this is great place to stay which offers affordable rates for an outsider .

Thanks to the New staff team lead by Assistant manager Kareena !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

During the 2012 Bikes, Blues and BBQ we spent two nights and did have some problems BUT that being said we wanted to try again. This stay was much better with no problems at all. In fact, Karena was super and assured us that she checks the rooms prior to check in to make sure all is completely finished. The rooms have been deep cleaned, fresh paint and bathroom linens and shower curtain were new. She had the blow dryer waiting in our room...coffee, etc. in stock. They even had on record that we liked the upper floor and she also remembered that we do not like near smoking. The staff was very friendly and had no issues. Sometimes when there is a problem, one just needs to address the situation to management and then give them another chance. So glad we did.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brookston
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have stayed at the Suburban many times on business and it has always been top-notch. This last time staying, I was so disappointed I am unsure if I will return. After arriving and getting my room, I went up to the room and it had a smell so bad, I was unable to stay in it. I don't know if it was wet dog, something dead or what. I returned back downstairs to explain and asked for a different room. They were more than willing and placed me in another room... Upon entering this room, there were many items I contended with, only because I had been on the road for 11 hours of driving and all I wanted was to go to bed, did I stay. First, it had an odor I could not define, but it was better than the previous room. The bathroom sink looked like someone had brushed their teeth in it and it had not been cleaned. There was a couple of globs of hair on the floor like someone had cleaned their hairbrush out and threw it down. Obviously that is what happened and the cleaning staff failed to sweep also. The comforter was full of cigarette burns and this was a non-smoking room, nothing is more disgusting than to see remnants of a smokers carelessness. After pulling back the comforter, the blanket looked like it had been through the war, with holes all over it, caused by a careless smoker. To top things off, there was some kind of massive stain on the mattress pad, (looked like blood) that you could see through the sheets. Now the sheets appeared to be clean as did the pillow cases. So it was off with the bedspread, off with the blanket. I carry my own blankets and pillow and just made a bed on top of the hotels existing sheets. The last time I stayed prior to this was about 6 months ago,at which time the bedspread was covered with dog hair. I don't know what has happened, but I am unsure if I will stay here again. Maybe if it is the last place in Bentonville, I might consider it. There are quite of few motels to choose from in the Bentonville area, it might be worth looking into.

Room Tip: Ask first to see the room..
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bentonville hotels