“Amazing Decor and Building, Service was Great but Made a Huge Mistake”
Review of Preacher's Son

Preacher's Son
Reserve with OpenTable
Preacher's Son is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 196 Restaurants in Bentonville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently visited this restaurant and I was very impressed with the building and decor.

The old church, converted in a restaurant now, is beautiful inside although the acoustics is very good and makes it very noisy.

The food was Ok. Nothing memorable. I don't even remember what I ate that day.

The service was very good, but they made a huge mistake, hence my rating. One of my friends is a wine connoisseur (actually, he used to give speeches in California University about wine and vineyards in tropical climates). He ordered I believe a Cabernet Savignon from the Colchagua Valley in Chile and he was served something totally different. He immediately knew it was not the wine he ordered and when we questioned the server, they admitted that they served a different wine.

The right thing to do in these cases is to approach the customer and apologize for not having the wine and offer a different option. They decided to switch without telling him thinking he wouldn't know. I find that deceitful and not honest.

In general, I do not think the value is there. It is pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to this place for my Birthday Dinner , it is a open atmosphere in the main dinning area, unsure if there was anything else to offer for seating, food was good , on point maybe a little pricey- but worth it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Comfortable and relaxing service; very friendly and welcoming. We called for a reservation last minute and sneaked on in. The space is artfully arranged and not a bunch of tables crammed in. I can't stop thinking about the roasted beets on smoked cashew butter. My gnocchi was excellent and my friend's halibut was perfection. Plus had a great wine (Rose from Provence; as it should be, listen up 21C!) and cocktail list. Bonus is heading up to the roof for after dinner drinks.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Had a business dinner there. It was late, service was very good. Atmosphere is truly unique. Food was very good but not a lot to choose from though. I would go again but would want to be aware of noise factor. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We enjoyed an excellent meal at the Preacher's Son. The food preparation was outstanding and the service excellent. We started with the roasted cauliflower. It was delicious, and I would love to be able replicate the dish. The pork shanks were great, served on Grits. The restaurant setting is in a former church. The room is surrounded by beautiful art glass windows by local artist George Dombeck . The setting alone would make it worth the visit.