“Nice place to stay”

SpringHill Suites Bentonville
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent two nights here. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Location was very near the interstate so great access to restaurants and other locations. It is billed as a suite but was smaller than we expected. Breakfast was above average for your typical hotel .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Well we ended up in the area about 10pm the night of a razorback game not thinking that of course many places wouldnt have vacancy. There were slim pickings but they had a suite avalible. It was $159.00 but i was sick of looking. The beds are amazing like memory foam. The decor is tired looking and needs work. Hallways are narrow, elevator is small, a/c unit noisy and the showers are also noisy. The room was a decent size suite and the tvs were nice but the price not great. I am sure it may of been jacked up for the game but still kind of high.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The in-room WiFi was intermittent and unpredictable. Not having good quality WiFi is enough of a reason never to stay here again. Additionally, there were problems with the plumbing in the room. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We pulled in late. The marriott beds were good. The breakfast was ok at 6:30 am. We were able to get a luggage cart. YES!

Like most SHS, we hate the HVAC unit in the room. It's never the temp we like. It's just a design thing. On the plus side, we always like the separate sink outside the toilet area.

Overall, an OK stay. It's close to crystal bridges and the fabulous Walmart visitor center. Sam's truck is red! Also, a good center for Pea Ridge battlefield and Fayetteville.

Stay more than one night? Probably not, but suits a road stop.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kathie Z, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank You for staying with us during recent trip to Bentonville. I also thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey and sharing your views about the hotel and area. I hope we will be included again with your next road trip to Bentonville.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here on business, and found the property pretty tired, and it looked like there were better choices not far away.
The room was a reasonable size, but the bed was well used, and fairly soft. The bathroom was small and pokey (washbasin separate), and the shower tub and fittings had been caulked more than once, the shower fittings were loose.
Breakfast was OK, and the eating area reasonable with a large tv to watch the morning news. Only one elevator and it was pretty slow.
Probably would look for other, newer facilities nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kathie Z, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your response. We are an older hotel and are in the process of setting up for a new renovation. I hope that you will give us a try again after the renovation. Hoping to be complete by April 14

Reviewed 8 June 2013

For many years, my wife and I have been Marriott members and have utilized their various brands of hotels when traveling as much as possible. Overall, their hotels and service have been excellent. It was not the case for this one.

My family was taking a trip to check out Northwest Arkansas (a great place to go, by the way.) Initially, we were going to stay in Fayetteville, but Bentonville, a short 20 min drive away, was quite a bit cheaper so to allow my wife to see the entire metropolitan area, I decided to use the Springhill Bentonville.

Upon arrival, the girl at the counter was cordial, but not overly-friendly. She placed us in a room at the end of the hall which I appreciated since we had little ones. The room was great because the suites are split so that you basically have two rooms.

There was one thing that stuck out to me upon arrival and that was there were two toilet paper rolls. Both were quite low and no extra rolls were provided. I was worried that they wouldn't last until housekeeping arrived the next day and I was correct. We had to ask the front desk the next morning after breakfast.

I had to do some business while we were there so I was pleased that we had free Wi-Fi. This turned out to be a disappointment. Throughout our stay, the numerous "towers" available to us would not allow me to connect or dropped me. The speed was slow. A few times it worked excellently, but overall it was not worth it. A few times I went downstairs and used the business center instead.

We needed some things from Walmart, so early the next morning, I went down to where breakfast was served to grab some coffee. The spread was not as large as I was used to but adequate and plentiful. I filled a portable cup and took off, expecting to eat when I got back and went down with the family.

When I arrived at Walmart, I took a drink from my cup and was surprised to find that the coffee was already lukewarm. I thought to myself that surely it hadn't cooled that much in the time it took me to get to Walmart. I dismissed this, finished what I had to do, returned and took the family to breakfast around the middle of the time that breakfast was available. We got the kids started and then I went to get my meal. I was thoroughly disappointed by what I saw. The waffle batter was nearly out. The trash was completely filled and ready to overflow. There were scraps left in the egg tray. Two of the meats available were out. The oatmeal was almost empty and what was available was not hot. I went to the front desk to tell the girl, who half the time was not there. She said that the girl (who prepared the food) was getting it ready and that it took her 7 minutes. It had been about 15 minutes since we had been there. Within minutes the girl began replenishing the food. I got a plate and returned to the table. I then went to get a cup of coffee and it was empty. I again told the girl at the front desk who grabbed it and replaced it shortly thereafter. I decided to grab a cup on the way out. We gathered the kids and my wife asked if I was going to get my coffee. I looked at the levels and the caffeinated was now full. However, the decaf was now nearly empty whereas, a few minutes before it had been quite full. I suspected the two may have been switched and decided not to risk having decaf coffee. I told her that I would make the coffee in the room. I did this, but was saddened to see that when we returned from exploring NWA, the coffee machine had not been cleaned and the coffee filter had not been replaced.

After checking out, we realized we had forgotten our nightlights, but they were replaceable so I decided not to make an issue of it. However, we had used a charger for our portable DVD player and when it was needed a few days later, we could not find it. I figured that I must have forgotten to grab it on the way out since it had been plugged in under the table and would be hard to see. I called the Marriott expecting them to say they had it, but the gentleman I spoke with said they did not have it. I was surprised and expected him to say he would check the room for me, but he said nothing. Now, the hotel was fairly empty when we were there as far as I could gather (save for the weekend when a number of people stayed overnight for a tournament) and I assumed that no one had stayed in our room since it was a 3-story building with numerous rooms. I asked if anyone had stayed in our room since and he said the rooms had been occupied and such. He made not mention of the nightlights.

On a side note, the Marriott is next to the freeway and I saw a number of shady people walking near the property when I would go out to the parking lot.

Overall, this was a disappointing Marriott experience. We will not stay at this location again no matter how much cheaper it is.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JackalopeSighting

Thank you for staying with us. I apologized that your stay was not that it should have been. I have brought your issues to the attention of the entire staff and I will continue to monitor these more closely. I hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a standard Spring Hill suites by Marriott. It was clean, staff was friendly and the amenities were standard Spring Hill Suites. Only issue was that the TV remote did not work properly and I gave up trying to get it fixed for a one night stay. Internet worked fine.

Room Tip: I was on the south side with no issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our hotel. I appreciate your kind words. I wish we would have known of your issue with the remote, we could have replaced it right away for you.
Hope you come and visit again soon