“Signs of lack of cleaning care and helping guests”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went to visit Crystal Bridges Museum and decided to stay at this hotel not sure why now other than location. I went to take a shower and found one of the shampoo bottles in the shower instead of on the bathroom counter. This made me think they didn't properly clean the bathroom. A friend that went with me looked a the shower before I used it and said she saw soap scum on the wall of the stall.
She was going to use the ice bucket but noticed that the bag that was sitting on the edge of the container wasn't new but USED and just refolded to next guest to reuse. Another detail of incomplete cleaning was the fact that the previous guests login id and password card was left in the room. This is evident that incomplete cleaning was done. Now I am not confident the sheets were even change.
Breakfast the next morning was varied and ok but not great. The coffee was luke warm and when I asked the gentleman working the kitchen about it, he said it was fresh. I said it may be fresh but wasn't hot. I asked if he had a microwave to warm it up he said no and made no extra effort to use of find an employee microwave to accommodate me.
Before I left I wanted to get some water and asked the front desk clerk where the water fountain was, she said she did not know. I just happened to see one in the gym, so went in there to fill up my water bottle. I noticed the Clorox wipes container was totally empty. I grabbed the empty container and gave it to her telling her it needed to be replaced. Again another indication that things are not being thoroughly cleaned or reviewed. The location is just off the xway but glad wasn't much highway noise or any noise, but its in a small town so not as much traffic as other places I have visited.

Room Tip: You can get a room on the west side away from the highway but its far enough you don't hear the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear memixerWestTennessee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am delighted to know that you found our location convenient. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience the cleanliness of the room may have caused and if the level of customer service received did not suit your standards. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the management that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Suites is the best place to stay while visiting Bentonville, AR! The manager and front desk staff were nice to my friends and I when we visited the week of April 21. Our check-in process was easy and check-out was too! The morning breakfasts were yummy! There's a Denny's Restaurant next door w/quick service and lots of choices to eat.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor, a 2 queen beds suite facing Walton Blvd in Bentonville, AR. Not too...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The HIE Bentonville is located near local attractions, like Crystal Bridges (highly recommended), as well as many dining and shopping locations, like Pinnacle Hills Promenade. It's clear that the hotel is a little old, but it has been recently remodeled with the new HIE motif. Our room had many exposed cords and the bathroom used fluorescent lighting.

Breakfast was typical HIE fare. Nothing to write home about...

However, what the hotel lacked in newness and pizzazz was more than made up for in hospitality. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. My wife and I were upgraded to a jacuzzi room, a kind and welcome gesture for sure!

If you're a IHG Rewards Club member, I highly recommend this hotel. The other IHG property we've stayed at in Bentonville is the Candlewood Suites, which is very dimly lit and smells of cigarette.s (Although the staff there are equally gregarious...)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brandonofcanada
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Booked here and Wowzers! Let me tell you everything is brand new, they did a great job on renovation. The service was amazing. The bed so cushy brand new and comfy.the towels super thick, new, and when they touch your body they feel like they are heated. New technology? The breakfast .yum. pancakes, yogurt, eggs, ham, biscuits, gravy, and the best warm cinnamon rolls, a full spread. The new lobby so nice. We came to town for a concert and stayed here our first night. We should have stayed here every night as I haven't had a better night sleep in a long time.thank you. I will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel in recently. It was extremely good value. The hotel has been refurbished in past few months and they have done this well. A re-furb of the machines in the gym would be a welcome addition (e.g. no straps on exercise bike pedals) however all in all having stayed in several hotels in Bentonville I would recommend this one as decent good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The headline to this review says it all. The Holiday Inn Express Bentonville is not the best Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at and it isn't the worst. Its close to US 71/Interstate 540 on the south side of the boulevard. Upon arrival the gentleman at the counter was eager to assist and throughout the stay, the front counter folks were very friendly. The facility is clean but appears to be showing its age. Same goes for the rooms. Beds were comfortable. All in all, I'd stop here again for an overnighter, but it wasn't memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BorealForestDweller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear PlainsPolarBear,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were very happy to find this hotel late in the evening before an early morning flight out of XNA the following morning. Because it is primarily booked for weekday executives, the rates were significantly cheaper on the weekend at about $40 less. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, making our last night traveling very peaceful.

Room Tip: Try for weekend rates when possible!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family