“worst hotel”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed 29 May 2013

this is by far the worst hotle on the planet it should close its doors . the owner is such a busy body always in the guest business. she had the nerve to ask me when i checked in if my credit card was good and wanted to know why i was here. to me this is none of her flippen business . thats poor ownership she should stay home and let that poor manager do her job. i would never stay there in a million years . the beds were ok but thats it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jason w
Brandie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Jason ~ I want to apologize for the way that you were treated at our facility. I assure you this is not the way we feel business should be handled and I again sincerely apologize. I understand your concerns and I understand your reason for not wanting to return to our property, and for that I am sorry. I would like to thank you for your business while you were here and let you know that the staff greatly appreciates it!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

My room was suppose to cost me $220 for three nights. They instead charged me $681 and tried to deny it even though I had my statements right there showing that they had. Bc of their unauthorized charges, they left me with $23.29 for me and my 3yr old daughter. The room had spiders, holes in the blankets, broken fixtures, broken air conditioner. The pool was not heated, it was ice cold, no water in the hot tub, and no business center like they said they did. Front desk was rude and refused to compensate.,

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This place is terrible, horrible, no good, very bad! We were ready to stay in this hotel with a heated pool, hot tub and our king suite equipped with a whirlpool tub. DISSAPPINTMENT IS WHAT WE GOT! First, with two children we were ready to swim. The "heated" pool was colder than ice! The hot tub was out of order. Our whirlpool tub did not work. The top latch wouldn't latch (safety issue!). And to top it off our drawers were full of food crumbs. Overall this stay was the worst I've ever had anywhere. I would NOT RECCOMMEND this motel to anyone. If you're thinking about staying here DON'T! Spend the extra $10-$20 to stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Wagilbert
Reviewed 29 June 2012

For those over-privileged, silver spoon trust fund individuals, check-in here for a quick submersion into the ghetto lifestyle. Upon arrival we found that the hotel had not reserved the right rooms that we had requested, so they offered to put us in an alternate room for half the price.

Out of ignorance I happily said yes, excited about being able to save a little money. The catch however was that the key reader was broken on the room and the only way to get in was for someone from the front desk to come and unlock it. Staying for two nights, they offered to put us in another room the next day once someone checks out.

The night in room 1 was rather cold, since the AC was set to max and the knobs were broken off. Then there was the toilet which ran every fifteen seconds. The broken toilet led to the shower continuously changing from scolding hot to the arctic ocean. My advice is count to fifteen, step to the back of the shower, then repeat. When we mentioned this issue to the desk clerk, her only response was "That sounds like my house." Lastly the TV, along with all the TVs in the hotel, have only staticy channels.

Room 2 came with its own unique characteristics of ghettoness. Cigarette burns in the sheets, a bathroom door frame that was about to fall out, mold growing in the refrigerator, and tucked almost out of sight in the corner of the room stuck to the window curtain was someone's extra large band-aid.

Stay at your own peril.

Room Tip: Keep on driving.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacob F
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We checked in with anticipation for our trip to Crystal Bridges. The first room we were shown, smelled like stale cigarettes, so we went to ask for another room. The clerk accomodated us, and after looking at 2 more rooms we accepted. Later that evening we discovered multiple species of insects in the room including a huge spider in the bathroom. Next morning we complained and they sweetly gave us a can of bug spray. Then after a great day we prepared for bed and discovered another huge spider crawling up the wall. Looking around the beds we found that this room has not been cleaned for a long time. In addition, the security lock on the door has been ripped off and one of the beds has burn holes in the sheets (proving that people are smoking in the rooms), We are planning on sleeping in shifts to keep watch for spiders!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kateleo54
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Older place, great room size. Was a nice place at one time. Need serious maintanace and cleaning. Walls stained and need paint. No noise so we got great sleep.Nice friendly guy at front desk. Seemed like there were some folks living in motel. Probably would stay with backpacking buddies. No repeat with family .
Good size fridge, microwave and a table for eating. Still plenty of room available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. housekeeping are to kind. the rooms are 100% clean. the service area is clean. breakfast was delightful.I would come back again, enjoy the comfortable bed,makes one not want to get out of bed..

Room Tip: this indeed is a great and clean place to stay. housekeeping is really kind and respectful. i joy th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family