“Very good stay for the price!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Pocahontas, AR
“Very good stay for the price!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the EconoLodge and recommend it. My room was immaculate and everything worked, including the fridge and microwave. The TV was flat screen and worked fine, too. Though my room faced a very busy road--Walton Ave--I had no trouble sleeping and didn't have to crank up the volume on the TV. The bed was comfortable, especially the pillows. The location was excellent--just off of I-540 and very close to restaurants, shopping, and the Crystal Bridges Museum.
There were a few minor issues: my room had an ironing board but no iron, and a coffee cooker but no pot. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread, though the linens were fine. Most important to me, the hot tub wasn't hot. The staff was friendly and helpful, though, and I have no doubt they would have procured an iron and coffeepot had I requested them. But I think the hot tub should have been hot, especially in December.
Although the attractions are nearby, this is a high density traffic area and there is construction next door. So give yourself some extra time.
The EconoLodge is a very good stay for the price. When I return in the spring, I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indialantic
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am not a harsh critic of hotels. My family and I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels, and we know that some are better than others, but with most we give them the benefit of a doubt. This hotel is an exception. My wife and daughter both said this one was the absolute worst. I will list my complaints:
1. There were three burn holes in one of the bedspreads.
2. There were several large stains on the carpet that made it look dirty.
3. There was a hole in the wall in the bathroom where the doorknob hit the wall, and it had been there since the last time the wall was painted, because the paint was over the edges of the hole.
4. Three of the four bumpers on the toilet seat were broken.
5. There were large patterns of "glow in the dark" paint on three of the walls that glowed when the lights were turned off. This was quite disturbing!
6. The coffee maker did not work.
7. The bathtub stopper was broken and lying on the side of the tub.
8. The sink stopper did not work.
9. There were only two bath towels for three people.
10. The hot tub was out of order.
11. There were several large unfilled holes gouged in the concrete on the walkway outside the rooms and on the stairs. THere were also large stains that looked like somebody threw up and it was not cleaned up, but allowed to dry there.
12. The walkways outside the rooms and the stairs were littered with cigarette butts.
13. The parking lot was littered with trash and cigarette butts.
14. The hair dryer was mounted over the bathroom light switch and electrical outlet so that if we used either we knocked the hair dryer off its rack and it automatically started up, sounding like a jet engine. This was disturbing in the middle of the night when I went to use the bathroom.

On the positive side, the two evening desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The morning desk clerk, however, barely spoke.

I was using Choice Hotels reward points to stay there. Otherwise I would have left and gone somewhere else. Choice Hotels should be embarasses to have this property as part of their organization.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car before you stay at that place!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 411Charley

Travellers are raving about these Bentonville hotels

Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We just spent a weekend at this hotel and it was very comfortable, clean and has a very friendly staff. The pool and jacuzzi were great, also clean and well maintained. It is an older property and by far a Marriott, but for the price you cant beat it. The location is ideal, centrally located with easy access to the area. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairland, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I would say the ones that are gibving bad reviews are nit picking. This place was very comfortable and nice.We came up for the bikes and blues (that sucked) and stayed at this hotel and have stayed here before we like the friendliness and the very comfortable beds and clean rooms. Thank you for a nice stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dodgesrw
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I just stayed for four nights at the Econo lodge in Bentonville and had a king nonsmoking room that was spotless in every way. The towels and linens were clean and smelled fresh and the bed was wonderfully comfortable being a pillow top mattress. There was a microwave, frig, and ironing board and iron, and a blow dryer. I had a flat screen tv and all the channels worked fine. The bathroom was spotless and so was the carpet.
I had read the bad reviews after I booked, and was worried when I arrived. The lady was very nice and efficient at check in and check out and informed me when I left, that the hotel had just put in new beds, tvs, and redone the rooms.
It is an older motel but they have done a good job keeping it up. The room was quiet and no road noise or any other noise for that matter.
I am writing this review to tell fellow travelers that need a very reasonable rate on a good clean travel motel. You won't find a cheaper, good clean room on 71B hwy in Bentonville. I travel up there a lot to visit family and I have stayed at the more expensive ones there, and the difference I saved will make me go to the Econo Lodge again.
So don't believe the bad reviews here, I was pleasantly surprised and feel I got a bargain by taking a chance on this motel.
P.S. THERE ARE NO BUGS anywhere and I looked!! Very, very clean, housekeeping should be commended!!

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor on right side facing the front. They are offering good rates this summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda R
Brandie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Brenda,
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we done. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you are in our town.
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2013

this is by far the worst hotle on the planet it should close its doors . the owner is such a busy body always in the guest business. she had the nerve to ask me when i checked in if my credit card was good and wanted to know why i was here. to me this is none of her flippen business . thats poor ownership she should stay home and let that poor manager do her job. i would never stay there in a million years . the beds were ok but thats it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jason w
Jason ~ I want to apologize for the way that you were treated at our facility. I assure you this is not the way we feel business should be handled and I again sincerely apologize. I understand your concerns and I understand your reason for not wanting to return to our property, and for that I am sorry. I would like to thank you for your business while you were here and let you know that the staff greatly appreciates it!
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My room was suppose to cost me $220 for three nights. They instead charged me $681 and tried to deny it even though I had my statements right there showing that they had. Bc of their unauthorized charges, they left me with $23.29 for me and my 3yr old daughter. The room had spiders, holes in the blankets, broken fixtures, broken air conditioner. The pool was not heated, it was ice cold, no water in the hot tub, and no business center like they said they did. Front desk was rude and refused to compensate.,

• Stayed September 2012