“NOT AS GOOD THIS TIME”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Winter Haven, Florida
“NOT AS GOOD THIS TIME”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is the second time we stayed here, gotta say a little disappointed. First off I made a reservation for a King Smoking room 2 weeks in advance, only to find upon arrival they had given our room away and put us in a non smoking room. Then I got ready to go to the pool and we only had 1 towel in our room. Then I go to the pool and the jacuzzi is cold, the swimming pool very hot.
The next morning we only had 1 coffee cup in our room, while in the lobby getting a cup I informed the front desk about the pool and that night when I went down the jacuzzi was still cold and the pool even hotter. At least the pool was hot, but no bubbles-I was so looking forward to a nice soak in the jacuzzi.
The two main reasons we stay here are for the smoking room and jacuzzi, not sure if I'll stay with them again. We make this trip every 3-4 months so this would be a great loss for them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SHANE R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I am an outside sales rep that travels NW AR every 3-4 weeks and has been staying here for the past 2 or 3 years. I have stayed at several different hotels in the area and this one by far has been the best for the price. This is an older hotel and yes there are a few things that could be improved upon, but if you do have a complaint they are willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. Brandi is a very capable manager along with most of her help. I was disappointed when one of my favorite desk clerks was let go as she treated me like family. I not only stay here for work, but come back for pleasure. The is not the Embassy Suites or Hilton but it works for me!

Room Tip: I always stay in the front downstairs close to the office.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lcangel1
Pocahontas, AR
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the EconoLodge and recommend it. My room was immaculate and everything worked, including the fridge and microwave. The TV was flat screen and worked fine, too. Though my room faced a very busy road--Walton Ave--I had no trouble sleeping and didn't have to crank up the volume on the TV. The bed was comfortable, especially the pillows. The location was excellent--just off of I-540 and very close to restaurants, shopping, and the Crystal Bridges Museum.
There were a few minor issues: my room had an ironing board but no iron, and a coffee cooker but no pot. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread, though the linens were fine. Most important to me, the hot tub wasn't hot. The staff was friendly and helpful, though, and I have no doubt they would have procured an iron and coffeepot had I requested them. But I think the hot tub should have been hot, especially in December.
Although the attractions are nearby, this is a high density traffic area and there is construction next door. So give yourself some extra time.
The EconoLodge is a very good stay for the price. When I return in the spring, I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Indialantic
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am not a harsh critic of hotels. My family and I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels, and we know that some are better than others, but with most we give them the benefit of a doubt. This hotel is an exception. My wife and daughter both said this one was the absolute worst. I will list my complaints:
1. There were three burn holes in one of the bedspreads.
2. There were several large stains on the carpet that made it look dirty.
3. There was a hole in the wall in the bathroom where the doorknob hit the wall, and it had been there since the last time the wall was painted, because the paint was over the edges of the hole.
4. Three of the four bumpers on the toilet seat were broken.
5. There were large patterns of "glow in the dark" paint on three of the walls that glowed when the lights were turned off. This was quite disturbing!
6. The coffee maker did not work.
7. The bathtub stopper was broken and lying on the side of the tub.
8. The sink stopper did not work.
9. There were only two bath towels for three people.
10. The hot tub was out of order.
11. There were several large unfilled holes gouged in the concrete on the walkway outside the rooms and on the stairs. THere were also large stains that looked like somebody threw up and it was not cleaned up, but allowed to dry there.
12. The walkways outside the rooms and the stairs were littered with cigarette butts.
13. The parking lot was littered with trash and cigarette butts.
14. The hair dryer was mounted over the bathroom light switch and electrical outlet so that if we used either we knocked the hair dryer off its rack and it automatically started up, sounding like a jet engine. This was disturbing in the middle of the night when I went to use the bathroom.

On the positive side, the two evening desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The morning desk clerk, however, barely spoke.

I was using Choice Hotels reward points to stay there. Otherwise I would have left and gone somewhere else. Choice Hotels should be embarasses to have this property as part of their organization.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car before you stay at that place!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 411Charley
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We just spent a weekend at this hotel and it was very comfortable, clean and has a very friendly staff. The pool and jacuzzi were great, also clean and well maintained. It is an older property and by far a Marriott, but for the price you cant beat it. The location is ideal, centrally located with easy access to the area. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairland, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I would say the ones that are gibving bad reviews are nit picking. This place was very comfortable and nice.We came up for the bikes and blues (that sucked) and stayed at this hotel and have stayed here before we like the friendliness and the very comfortable beds and clean rooms. Thank you for a nice stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dodgesrw
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I just stayed for four nights at the Econo lodge in Bentonville and had a king nonsmoking room that was spotless in every way. The towels and linens were clean and smelled fresh and the bed was wonderfully comfortable being a pillow top mattress. There was a microwave, frig, and ironing board and iron, and a blow dryer. I had a flat screen tv and all the channels worked fine. The bathroom was spotless and so was the carpet.
I had read the bad reviews after I booked, and was worried when I arrived. The lady was very nice and efficient at check in and check out and informed me when I left, that the hotel had just put in new beds, tvs, and redone the rooms.
It is an older motel but they have done a good job keeping it up. The room was quiet and no road noise or any other noise for that matter.
I am writing this review to tell fellow travelers that need a very reasonable rate on a good clean travel motel. You won't find a cheaper, good clean room on 71B hwy in Bentonville. I travel up there a lot to visit family and I have stayed at the more expensive ones there, and the difference I saved will make me go to the Econo Lodge again.
So don't believe the bad reviews here, I was pleasantly surprised and feel I got a bargain by taking a chance on this motel.
P.S. THERE ARE NO BUGS anywhere and I looked!! Very, very clean, housekeeping should be commended!!

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor on right side facing the front. They are offering good rates this summer.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda R
Brandie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Brenda,
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we done. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you are in our town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentonville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bentonville
#6 of 21 in Bentonville
Hilton Garden Inn Bentonville
Hilton Garden Inn Bentonville
#4 of 21 in Bentonville

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!