“Don't stay here”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First off there was no wifi accesible from our room. Second, my son got a fever after he got out of the pool. Third, the lobby staff is extremely rude, from the Hindu guy to the red headed girl. The young white guy is the only one who had manners. The telephone in our room was for show, our "hd" tv was a flat 480p crappy tv, the breakfast was aweful, the ceiling was cracked, the police were constantly watching the place, it was just terrible. Spend the extra little bit of money and go to a different hotel, this one is no good.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jeezy501

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Took a few young ladies on a outing for swimming and movies. Requested a room close to the pool which we got. However the pool water was so warm that it was uncomfortable, but the room was on the back side of the hotel and it was quiet. We did not have anyone bother us and breakfast was part of the stay. The pool was cooler in the morning so they did get to swim in the am - no rush to leave.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was amazing. I was waiting on my husband to get back from work to pick me up and the staff let me stay past check out time. They were great! I cannot say enough about them! It was worth the price and they made my experience better than any other hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is the second time we stayed here, gotta say a little disappointed. First off I made a reservation for a King Smoking room 2 weeks in advance, only to find upon arrival they had given our room away and put us in a non smoking room. Then I got ready to go to the pool and we only had 1 towel in our room. Then I go to the pool and the jacuzzi is cold, the swimming pool very hot.
The next morning we only had 1 coffee cup in our room, while in the lobby getting a cup I informed the front desk about the pool and that night when I went down the jacuzzi was still cold and the pool even hotter. At least the pool was hot, but no bubbles-I was so looking forward to a nice soak in the jacuzzi.
The two main reasons we stay here are for the smoking room and jacuzzi, not sure if I'll stay with them again. We make this trip every 3-4 months so this would be a great loss for them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHANE R
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I am an outside sales rep that travels NW AR every 3-4 weeks and has been staying here for the past 2 or 3 years. I have stayed at several different hotels in the area and this one by far has been the best for the price. This is an older hotel and yes there are a few things that could be improved upon, but if you do have a complaint they are willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. Brandi is a very capable manager along with most of her help. I was disappointed when one of my favorite desk clerks was let go as she treated me like family. I not only stay here for work, but come back for pleasure. The is not the Embassy Suites or Hilton but it works for me!

Room Tip: I always stay in the front downstairs close to the office.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lcangel1
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the EconoLodge and recommend it. My room was immaculate and everything worked, including the fridge and microwave. The TV was flat screen and worked fine, too. Though my room faced a very busy road--Walton Ave--I had no trouble sleeping and didn't have to crank up the volume on the TV. The bed was comfortable, especially the pillows. The location was excellent--just off of I-540 and very close to restaurants, shopping, and the Crystal Bridges Museum.
There were a few minor issues: my room had an ironing board but no iron, and a coffee cooker but no pot. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread, though the linens were fine. Most important to me, the hot tub wasn't hot. The staff was friendly and helpful, though, and I have no doubt they would have procured an iron and coffeepot had I requested them. But I think the hot tub should have been hot, especially in December.
Although the attractions are nearby, this is a high density traffic area and there is construction next door. So give yourself some extra time.
The EconoLodge is a very good stay for the price. When I return in the spring, I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am not a harsh critic of hotels. My family and I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels, and we know that some are better than others, but with most we give them the benefit of a doubt. This hotel is an exception. My wife and daughter both said this one was the absolute worst. I will list my complaints:
1. There were three burn holes in one of the bedspreads.
2. There were several large stains on the carpet that made it look dirty.
3. There was a hole in the wall in the bathroom where the doorknob hit the wall, and it had been there since the last time the wall was painted, because the paint was over the edges of the hole.
4. Three of the four bumpers on the toilet seat were broken.
5. There were large patterns of "glow in the dark" paint on three of the walls that glowed when the lights were turned off. This was quite disturbing!
6. The coffee maker did not work.
7. The bathtub stopper was broken and lying on the side of the tub.
8. The sink stopper did not work.
9. There were only two bath towels for three people.
10. The hot tub was out of order.
11. There were several large unfilled holes gouged in the concrete on the walkway outside the rooms and on the stairs. THere were also large stains that looked like somebody threw up and it was not cleaned up, but allowed to dry there.
12. The walkways outside the rooms and the stairs were littered with cigarette butts.
13. The parking lot was littered with trash and cigarette butts.
14. The hair dryer was mounted over the bathroom light switch and electrical outlet so that if we used either we knocked the hair dryer off its rack and it automatically started up, sounding like a jet engine. This was disturbing in the middle of the night when I went to use the bathroom.

On the positive side, the two evening desk clerks were friendly and helpful. The morning desk clerk, however, barely spoke.

I was using Choice Hotels reward points to stay there. Otherwise I would have left and gone somewhere else. Choice Hotels should be embarasses to have this property as part of their organization.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car before you stay at that place!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 411Charley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentonville
Home Towne Suites - Bentonville
7 mi away
Wingate by Wyndham Bentonville Airport
#10 of 22 in Bentonville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rogers

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!