“A one size really does fit all place”

DeGray Lake Resort State Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bismarck
More attraction details
Owner description: Arkansas's resort park lies on the north shore of DeGray Lake, a 13,800-acre fishing and water sport paradise in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains. Here resort amenities combine with plenty of outdoor fun and adventure. DeGray Lake Resort offers a 94-room lodge with conference center, 113 campsites (Class B) and three Rent-A-Yurt, championship golf, swimming, tennis, trails, bicycling, baseball, disc golf and guided horseback trail rides. The full-service marina offers tackle, dock space, fuel, and a variety of boat rentals including party barges, kayaks, and pedal boats.
Monroe, Louisiana
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“A one size really does fit all place”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

There were so many things to do here. We stayed a week at the camping area. My parents have a fifth wheel trailer and we have a motorhome. My parents were in one campsite and we were in one nearby that we could easily walk to the lake just a few feet beyond our campsite. Our party ranged in ages from 8-76 and there was truly something for everyone in our group to enjoy. The entire park was beautiful and peaceful. Food at the lodge was delicious. The park employees are friendly and helpful. The park hosts several activities from morning to 10:00 p.m. which we really enjoyed. They have a schedule you get when you check in and just pick what you would like to attend. Some activities like the sunset cruise and snorkeling require advance reservations but others you just show up at the designated time. While we were there we participated in kayak races, basketball, a survival knife demonstration, disc golf, hiking, biking, swimming and fishing. They have cruises that you can take. They also have stables and horseback riding but we didn't do that this time. We didn't play golf at the golf course (it was beautiful) and we didn't go to the spa (but I plan to on our next visit!). I highly recommend this place and would look forward to our return visit. My husband and I are also planning on returning for a long weekend at the lodge without the kids @ some point.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Hola624

“Best kept secret in the AR area their pictures don't do them justice!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

DeGray State Park and Resort is absolutely beautiful with serene surroundings. It's so big that you feel as if your the only family there. They have a nice pool area that over looks the lake. We rented a boat for the day from the Marina and took the kids tubing and just enjoyed the surroundings. The water was refreshing and clean. We didn't have to worry about other boats coming to close the lake is 27 miles long. We watched the Bass feeding in the late afternoon which was cool. We were looking for a nice family getaway and this was perfect. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. They seemed to really want to serve the guests and enjoy their jobs which is unusual from what I've experienced else where. We will be back.

Visited August 2014
Cabot, Arkansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great time at the lake”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I went to the resort the week before 4th of july. Staff was very nice, food was good. scenic view was great. We hiked all 5 trails, went fishing, swimming and snorkeled. It was really a great time. Would recommend to any and all.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank protectyourself
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Weekend Get away”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Love this area, clean lake, wonderful State Park. Friendly employees. Wonderful things to do like rent bikes, hike, activities daily.

Visited August 2013
Highland Village, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A Gorgeous State Park with Amenities”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We heard about DeGray Lake Resort State Park from a friend last year, and decided to give it a try. My husband and I brought our almost 8 year-old, grandson for his first solo camping without his sister. Prior to the trip, I looked up the events at the campground and was delighted to see several activities scheduled every day. Our grandson looked forward to the activities, hiking, games, and educational programs.
While my husband had to work on his online college course most of the week, William and I went on several hiking trips. The first hike took us through the mixed woods forest where we found access to the lake. We were the only ones on the trail, and even though neither one of us had our swimsuits on, we took advantage of the cool water. Of course that means I waded while William stripped down into his boxer shorts to swim in the clear water. Other hiking trails took us on the old Saginaw mule pulled railroad, while another one had a small creek with lots of baby toads and frogs, which was great fun for William.
Each day we picked out one or more of the park’s programs to participate in, such as Aquatic and Wildlife Bingo, where we learned about the water and land creatures. The park ranger was especially entertaining for kids and adults to listen to as he provided information about a wide variety of topics. Meet the snake and gator was interesting, and I even learned something new! William’s favorite program was about “Knives!” The ranger even allowed the kids to handle the knives after he finished the program. We have camped in a lot of State Parks, but this was the first one that had so many activities and programs available to the campers.
If you are interested in riding horses, renting a boat of some kind, or playing golf, these activities are within the park property. If you have time and want to explore outside of the park, Hot Springs and Little Rock and great day trip destinations.
The park is very well maintained, the attendants are friendly, and most importantly, the campsites are spacious and surrounded by the forest so that you feel like you are in the woods, not a parking lot. We will definitely return often!

Visited June 2014