Econo Lodge and Suites
US$54
US$76
Travel Inn(Hazen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleancoffee potground floorstar hotelwould stay againcontinental breakfastfront desk staffcerealpetfridgeamenitiesclerkinterstatearkansasodorcouchinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I arrived at the hotel on Easter Sunday about 4:30 pm and upon driving into the hotel parking lot I was surprised that there were no other vehicles in the parking area. I thought perhaps the hotel was closed. The parking lot’s pavement was in disrepair and this concerned me.
We had asked for ground floor in our reservation and this was not originally planned by the owner but upon arrival and showing him our request he quickly changed us to the ground floor.
The room was very clean, the bed was clean and comfortable and we were happy with the microwave and the fridge.
There was a charge for the internet so we did not get it.
The bathroom was clean and there were lots of towels, soap and shampoo.
There was a nearby Kentucky Fried Chicken where we walked over to and ordered food and brought it back to the room to eat.
We have a small dog and the pet rate at the hotel is only $10.00/pet and that is less than a lot of other hotels.
We did not try the Continental Breakfast so we cannot comment about that.
We believe that the parking lot appearance (pavement in disrepair) is scaring a lot of drive in traffic and I hope that the hotel repairs this problem and increases their business so that I can stay there again on other trips because I do recommend this hotel based on the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Small but clean room. Basic TV with basic cable channels. WiFi signal was strong but bandwidth much to slow for video streaming. Most electric outlets so worn it was a challenge to get a connection. Very minimal continental breakfast with one table.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Driving from Albuquerque to Washington, DC, this is about the halfway point. I didn't want to stay in Memphis, and the town between Brinkley and Memphis, Forest City, apparently has a crime problem.

Another low-priced hotel in Brinkley had a little better rating, but I had a sense that a couple of the reviews were not authentic. This hotel was clean enough and fairly-priced.

It was very full with hunters and fishermen, judging by the cars in the lot. My guess is the place has a good reputation with them. They're there to get a good night sleep and head out early.

I don't know that I'll be doing this drive again anytime soon, but if I do, I'd likely stay here again, even with my kids.

I ate breakfast at the Waffle House down the road, which was old, but friendly, good and reasonably priced.

I took the advice of another review and stopped at the Arkansas welcome center at the Texas border and picked up a hotel coupon. It saved me $10 or $15 and they took it without question.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotel coupons at the Arkansas welcome center.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is at least 50 years old, needs a remodel badly, poor quality towels but quality cable television. beds were comfortable and shower was just OK. Parking was ample and the area is right off the highway making it a good local find. Local restaurants limited to fast food and gas stattion food and one BBQ stand closed early.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Front desk was helpful and a pleasant check-in. The room was well appointed nice fridge, microwave and coffee maker.The hotel is a little dated but nice and comfortable. The free continental breakfast was minimal. Coffee, juice, cereal, bread for toast, small powdered donuts.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family