“Worst stay all week”

Econo Lodge and Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brinkley
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We've been in several hotels while on vacation this year and this was the worst ever. There were ants in the room and bathroom, the tv had terrible reception, the sheets kept popping off both beds and the carpets were so sticky I didn't want to walk without my shoes. For the price I could have kept going down the road and got a much better room. Will not stay here again! If this is how all econo lodges are, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stopping to rest for the night can always be challenging at times if you're on a limited budget. However, we were lucky that the first hotel we stopped at was the Brinkley Econolodge. The clerk, Katherine, was very pleasant and personable. She accommodated us with a very clean room and allowed us to park in a very convenient place since we have a small trailer. We needed a nonsmoking room as well as a room that was pet friendly. Fortunately, there was one available. The amenities in our room included a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, hair dryer, and free wifi. There is a small outdoor pool, but the weather was rainy and cool, so we did not use it. However, it was clean and would have been suffice to cool ourselves off if we needed to. We used a coupon to help cut our costs and had no problems redeeming it. We would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family stayed there for our family reunion after finding out the Days Inn down the street was booked. The bed was hard and the sheets kept slipping off. The remote to the TV would not work, the on/off button on TV was broken, so the only way to turn it off/on was to unplug it.the sink was cracked and the bathroom had hair in it. The shower had a very slow drain. There is no iron/ironing board in the room, you have to get it from the front desk. The front desk was not extremely welcoming or helpful. The continental breakfast was a joke....store bought honey buns from a box (I know because I saw the box), powdered donuts from the gas station, watered down orange juice, and plain cornflakes. They had a spot for bread and toasters, but I never saw it have any bread. And because it was the holiday weekend and everything in town was booked...it was totally overpriced. Definitely not worth the money. AND, our room NEVER GOT CLEANED!! I will not be staying at that place again, if I can help it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay A
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here on my way out to Colorado to duck out of the tornado laden storms brewing. Asked the desk manager if I could park my bike under cover in front of the lobby, he said I could pull it up under the eave right in front of my room window...fantastic, very much appreciated.

The housekeeping staff were still finishing up their rounds and were very friendly and personable.

Rooms are older, as are all the old style door on the outside "motor lodge" type Inns (great for motorcycle travelers) but it was also very clean and quiet.

I would definitely stay again if I found myself in need of a room in Brinkley.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I arrived at the hotel on Easter Sunday about 4:30 pm and upon driving into the hotel parking lot I was surprised that there were no other vehicles in the parking area. I thought perhaps the hotel was closed. The parking lot’s pavement was in disrepair and this concerned me.
We had asked for ground floor in our reservation and this was not originally planned by the owner but upon arrival and showing him our request he quickly changed us to the ground floor.
The room was very clean, the bed was clean and comfortable and we were happy with the microwave and the fridge.
There was a charge for the internet so we did not get it.
The bathroom was clean and there were lots of towels, soap and shampoo.
There was a nearby Kentucky Fried Chicken where we walked over to and ordered food and brought it back to the room to eat.
We have a small dog and the pet rate at the hotel is only $10.00/pet and that is less than a lot of other hotels.
We did not try the Continental Breakfast so we cannot comment about that.
We believe that the parking lot appearance (pavement in disrepair) is scaring a lot of drive in traffic and I hope that the hotel repairs this problem and increases their business so that I can stay there again on other trips because I do recommend this hotel based on the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Small but clean room. Basic TV with basic cable channels. WiFi signal was strong but bandwidth much to slow for video streaming. Most electric outlets so worn it was a challenge to get a connection. Very minimal continental breakfast with one table.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Driving from Albuquerque to Washington, DC, this is about the halfway point. I didn't want to stay in Memphis, and the town between Brinkley and Memphis, Forest City, apparently has a crime problem.

Another low-priced hotel in Brinkley had a little better rating, but I had a sense that a couple of the reviews were not authentic. This hotel was clean enough and fairly-priced.

It was very full with hunters and fishermen, judging by the cars in the lot. My guess is the place has a good reputation with them. They're there to get a good night sleep and head out early.

I don't know that I'll be doing this drive again anytime soon, but if I do, I'd likely stay here again, even with my kids.

I ate breakfast at the Waffle House down the road, which was old, but friendly, good and reasonably priced.

I took the advice of another review and stopped at the Arkansas welcome center at the Texas border and picked up a hotel coupon. It saved me $10 or $15 and they took it without question.

Room Tip: There are a lot of hotel coupons at the Arkansas welcome center.