“A Nice Place”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bryant
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Nice Place”
Reviewed 6 September 2004

We recently spent a night at this hotel in Bryant, Arkansas on our way from Indiana to Texas. Although we had made reservations 2 months in advance and had a confirmation number proving so, they did not have our reservations in the computer. Thankfully, they did have a room for us. The front desk staff was very polite and courteous. The hotel was beautifully decorated, VERY clean, and had nice little added touches, like a free popcorn cart to snack from. The "deluxe" continental breakfast wasn't really all that "deluxe"--just the normal cold cereals, bagels, fruit, etc. with the exception of a "do it yourself" waffle iron with batter pre-measured in cups. The waffles looked good, but when we came down they were out of batter. All in all a nice NEW and CLEAN hotel. Would definitley stay there again. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Natchitoches LA
Reviewed 13 January 2004

Stayed there (w/o reservation) during the busy holiday travel season. I was surprised at the price ($79) given the wide availability of other good motels in the area for less, but it was new, and had an indoor heated pool, so we bit the bullet.

First problem was the poorly trained and stressed out desk clerk working by himself. I think he was trying, but was clearly overwhelmed dealing with the line of check-ins and ringing phones.

Second problem was the room. Despite the fact it was a new hotel, the doors were poorly fitted. You could see light from the hall completely around the door, meaning you could hear every noise in the hall. That kind of shoddy construction was apparent throughout the hotel, albeit nicely decorated. Additionally, my room had cigarette burns on the sink and tub.

Biggest problem was the pool. The hotel sign boasted 'heated pool', but it was too cold to use. When I complained to clerk, he said "heater was broken". Since I had made a point at check-in of being willing to pay the extra price for the heated pool, I felt he should have told me then it wa broken. When I confronted the clerk about this, he just shrugged.

The continental breakfast the next morning was nothing to brag about either, with the exception of real waffles.

Next day, I complained at check out and pointed out the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Of course, the person I needed to see 'wasn't available'. Nor was she later that day, or the next. I left messages and phone numbers where I could be reached. That was 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

3 Thank NatchitochesTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bryant
Hampton Inn Bryant
Hampton Inn Bryant
#1 of 9 in Bryant
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bryant-Benton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Little Rock Benton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Little Rock/Bryant

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!