“Fun”

Bull Shoals Caverns
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Bull Shoals
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us at Bull Shoals Caverns for a trip back in time to the Ordovician period, 350 million years ago, when the caverns were created. Bull Shoals Caverns, located in Bull Shoals, Arkansas is a limestone cave that is still alive and growing today in the Ozark Mountains. The caverns are home to camel crickets, bats, salamanders, underground rivers and many different varieties of cave formations. Come visit in person and see the real thing!
Southern Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The cave was worth the drive, but the price was a little steep for the length of the tour. Our tour guide was probably in his early 20's and he was very sarcastic but did give good information. The old town we walked through after the cave tour was very run down and I'm glad we didn't pay for that part.

2 Thank HarleyQuinn13

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This attraction is coupled with the mountain view 1890 town. The guide to the caverns was knowledgeable and patient. There were a lot of interactive things to do here. The 1890 villiage was mostly closed off because it was run down. We didn't have to pay to walk through it. They had signs up showing where the buildings were from and little interesting notes. It's self guided tour so you can go at your own pace.

3 Thank Tegan F
Mountain Home, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Awesome Cavern! The tour guides are very pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. Encouraging questions and quick to answer.
The cave is great, formations are well lit. There are even interactive/touch areas and an interactive "music" experience with one of the formations!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank rknswldy
Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Living in the area I have had the opportunity to visit on several occasions and love to go, Always something new to appreciate in the cave. I took my children when they were growing up and am now taking my grandchildren. Its a cool environment on a summers day and with the added attraction of the haunted tours of the village in the evenings and on special all night tours & ghost hunting you can tour the cave at night. We had some excellent experiences in the evening, but no ghost encounters during the day. I highly recommend coming by and checking this place out!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Lynne M
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enchanting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've been going to the Mt. Village since I was a little girl. I've seen it as an active "living" village and as it is now. I still find it wonderfully inviting every time we go, and the cavern is incredible to have such interesting formations for its size. Its worth a trip, certainly!

Visited November 2012