“Bad food and managment”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were regular customers there for ten plus years. The last four times we ate there the food was terriable. Owners and the manager didn't even care. They tried to give us free desert to passify us. We will never eat there again, and never recommend this place.

6  Thank kathy a

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visiting a friend in Yellville for a week. We don't usually eat out when we visit because of the distance from her mountain home to a good restaurant. 4th of July weekend was coming to an end and she suggested we have dinner out at Club 178 in Bull Shoals. We went for early dinner on Sunday and had a great dinner and a great time. Annie, our server, did a terrific job and was friendly and attentive. She didn't even roll her eyes when my friend ordered a well done, butterflied filet! The chef added a special touch when the filet arrived in the shape of a butterfly and we all got a chuckle out of it.My medium cooked top sirloin was juicy and well seasoned. Cocktails were good and reasonably priced. The whole experience was positive but I have to mention my "pet peeve" came when the bill arrived. It just rubs me wrong when you spend over $100 for 3 meals/drinks and the restaurant mgmt. feels it necessary to charge me .25 cents for a little extra salad dressing. Cutting off your nose to spite your face? Charge me .25 more for the salad - I don't care - but don't blatantly nickel and dime me. Sorry, I just don't think it's a good business decision for a quarter.

3  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the place to go if you want a lovely dinner. They cooked the rainbow trout we caught that day to perfection. I had it grilled, my husband had it fried in a beer batter. Both were moist and delicious, as were all the trimmings. The homemade mushroom soup was the best I have ever eaten. Our waitress was friendly and professional. It is a perfect place to relax, have a drink and enjoy your fish. The dinners all looked good. Our fishing guide told us it is a quiet relaxing atmosphere where locals come to celebrate special occasions. I can see why. It was well worth the drive from Mountain Home AR where we stayed.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I live out of state, and every time I frequent the area, it is a must to come dine at this exquisite restaurant. Ted, is nothing less then outstanding at his job as waiter. He anticipates your needs even before you do! He is professional in his mannerism and always has a kind, smiling face for you. In fact, the entire staff is always friendly and attentive.
The Sunday brunch is one of the best I have ever had. Always slightly different in the menu, and always yummy!! I definitely would recommend this restaurant when you are in the area, or if you need to give gift certificates to delight those you care about. You will surely not be disappointed.

1  Thank 815cathleenc
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife considered this place over rated, but I think it is good for the area. Our experience started poorly because we had reservations for the Saturday night Prime Rib Special and were informed that it was not available when we arrived. Now I can understand various problems come up and can certainly forgive them, but I got three different stories as to why they were out of the (reserved) Prime Rib - that's not professional. The rib-eye was good (7 out of a 10) and the seafood platter was nice although a little heavy on the breading for me (but remember I had my mouth set for prime rib). We had excellent service, first class.

1  Thank TSNJr