Holiday Inn Express Camden
US$91
TripAdvisor
US$132
TripAdvisor
All reviewssuper walmartrooms are cleannext morningclerklorideskarkansas
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed at the HIE in Camden 23 times in the past four years, pretty alarming, eh? I have always found this HIE to be very well maintained and operated. The night clerk would always make a fresh pot of coffee when I would often wake up much earlier than the breakfast service; this was greatly appreciated.

The visitors lounge is very comfy with huge leather chairs and sofa's where along with my colleagues enjoyed after dinner conversations and cocktails prior to settling in for the night.

There aren't many options for hotels in rural Camden AR, but this one I would recommend if you happen to be traveling through lower Arkansas.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Lori D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Mr. Galvin,

Thank You for your kind words regarding the Holiday inn Express and Suites in Camden, AR. My staff is very passionate about the satisfaction of our guest. Their attention to detail and Great Southern Hospitality comes alive when you walk through the doors. I hope that the next time you are in town for 1 day or 23 days that you will choose us again.

Kindest Regards,

Lori DeWoody

Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel is typical of a Holiday Inn Express, it is relatively new, well maintained, and offers a basic room for the night with a free, simple breakfast. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and the reception staff is always friendly and helpful.
In December the staff has gotten in the holiday spirit with games such as presents hidden in the public areas.
My only complaint is the last two times I stayed there, even though I had a non-smoking room reserved, the only room available was a smoking room. I also observed this happen to another guest. So, my advice is to call the hotel directly if you really want a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, you should probably call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Lori D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Camden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2012

John,

Thank You for taking the time to post a review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Camden, AR. My staff is always there to help make your stay feel like you are at your Home Away from Home. I do agree with you that if you are using a travel agent to book your reservations at our property it would be best for you to call after your reservation is made to ensure that your reservation has been made to your specifications. Our staff will be glad to change your room type to your specifications upon availablity. Also we are glad you enjoyed the extra activites that the staff plans every week.

Again Thank You for Choosing Holiday Inn Express and we look forward to hosting you again one day soon.

Happy New Year,

Lori DeWoody
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Camden, AR

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have had good experiences with the staff at the hotel in few stays with them. Very helpful and they seem happy to help. On Halloween they hid paper pumpkins which could be worth points, gifts or nothing. No hotel I have ever stayed in on Halloween did anything like this to make it a little better about being away from home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2011

we were meant to stay here on our honeymoon but got caught in tornadoes, i cintacted hotel via booking but they still charged us a full rate. disgraceful considering what we went through and we gave them over a days notice. not impressed at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tudan
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I was a guest , scheduled for 3 nights nights but due to snow and school closings, the stay ended up to be for 4 nights. The front desk, manager, breakfast hostess (Peaches) and housekeeping were wonderful! It is unusual to see a clean hotel with people asking if there is anything else they can do to make your stay pleasant. The many suggestions of the cities' eateries and places to visit was a plus as well. This was one the cleanest and best managed hotel I have seen in a while. Camden and Holiday Inn Express should be proud. Others should take note!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business