“Rude Ghetto Staff”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Camden
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Rude Ghetto Staff”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel arriving late at night and tried to get a room. As I walked through the door the "Bombquesha" lady at the front desk looked at me like I was crazy. This was just the beginning of a horrible experience. The lady I believe named Star was very rude to me and challenged me about the government per diem. I understand your hotel may have a "government rate" but it was not the per diem per the US General Services Administration (GSA) website http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120. I've stayed at your hotel before and have always had pleasant experiences. This lady couldn't get the printer to work, couldn't scan my card and took a impression of my card, and ended up not being able to book the room because it was "no longer available". Hot mess! WE LEFT! Please...if you want to hire people from Burger King or McDonalds help them to understand that they are on a higher level and more is expected from them when communicating with your guests. It is no telling how many customers she has angered or turned away because of her attitude.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kim C, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband stayed here last June. When we got the credit card statement they had charged him twice. OK call the hotel & get the problem fixed, right? WRONG!!!!!! He called on or about July 24th and spoke with a lady at the front desk, she said they had had this problem before and that she would fix it and call him back by July 30th. July 30the came and went, no phone call, charge still on the credit card. He called again august 7th and spoke with the same person who now says she would have to speak with the manager and call my husband back, it's now August 9th and we still haven't heard from the hotel. My husband called Comfort Inn's home office to report the problem. The home office said there is nothing they can do because the hotel is a franchise . This is BULL! We have made a claim with our credit card company; but, who knows how long that will take. Unless you want to ripped off, DO NOT stay here! We will not stay at a Comfort Inn again because of this horrible customer service from both the franchise and the home office,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Amanda F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I would like to take the time to apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred with you stay at Comfort Inn Camden. The property is now under new management. We do value guest comments and strive to have excellent customer satisfaction. If this was an oversight on the hotels behalf it will be fixed immediately. Please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel with any questions regarding your bill. Again I would like to apologize and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We were here for a funeral and could not have been more impressed! Victor and the rest of the staff was wonderful and went above and beyond to meet our needs. The rooms were beautiful and extremely clean. There was basketball, swimming and a little putt putt green that kept the kids busy. Would definitely stay again

Stayed July 2014
Amanda F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We would like to thank you for your kind remarks. The staff at Comfort Inn Camden strives to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if you travel back to the Camden Area.
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked into this hotel as we have had excellent service from previous Comfort Inn, however the check-in person was curt and abrupt to the point of being rude. Our room was clean and the beds very comfortable, however we were aghast that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. There was a party around 1am and seemed to go on for hours. Breakfast was good with a nice selection and the kitchen staff also very nice and helpful. This service plus not having a fridge has put us off the Comfort Inn chain.

Room Tip: Any room here should be quiet (if no parties going on), as hotel is off the main road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Everything was clean and staff was
excellent. The problems are with design/ construction.
The corners that have been cut were/are not the best places to cut.
I could hear the person in the next room talking on the telephone! No desk or club chair, just a small table and 2 arm chairs. One luggage rack and credenza that accommodates the television .
The room is so spacious, there is room for more furniture. Two of us in a room and only 1 place for our bag.
The other had to go on the floor. Sink in the room instead of the bathroom. No fridge or microwave .
There really isn't another choice so
my advice is be sure you have a cooler, earplugs and ask for extra towels.

The positive is heat in the bathroom.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2013

First they lost my reservation...they were oversold.hmmmm. After that the room smelled like smoke...Non Smoking Room.
After the first night they forgot to clean our room.
Then the following morning, the housekeeper threw my electric razor/clipper away.
The General Manager told me that it was impossible, and go ahead and file a small claims suit, to recoup the 139,00 that I had paid for it right before Christmas
I've stayed at Comfort Inns before, and never had this problem.
Was with a friend, and things disappeared out of her room also.
This is a NOT MUST HOTEL!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Camden!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank biskees
Jax, Ar
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The young man checking us in on Friday night was so friendly and helpful. I think his name was Jason or something with a J. Sorry if I didn't get the name right. Room was so comfortable. The bed and pillows are delightful. The breakfast was a real treat and even hot syrup for the waffles. The lady keeping the room continually supplied was very friendly and nice. We will return to this hotel in the near future. Price was very reasonable also. The only down side is it is hard to see and can be missed very easily from the highway. The need a bigger lighted sign on the road

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!