“Memorable Stay!”
Review of Domaine les Serres

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lagarde Pareol
Domaine les Serres
Oisterwijk, The Netherlands
“Memorable Stay!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We're visiting the Provence now for quite a few years and always stay in chambres d'hotes. Domaine les Serres is by far our favourite one and we will hopefully return for many more years. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the most beautiful Provence villages and with the suggestions of Bert and Ans on what to do there is never a dull day. Staying on the premisses is also very enjoyable. The beautiful garden and swimming pool allow for a perfect day of relaxation. The breakfast is perfect and the rooms are beautiful with all required facilities. We have stayed in the Mont Ventoux, very recommendable.
There not really negatives, only that it's rather difficult to book for the high season, make sure you're on time.

Room Tip: Mont Ventoux is great!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Waregem, Belgium
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I can not give an advice about the domain self, but mind you about the owner. This man is thinking only about the money. As my daughter had a lung infection, we had to cancel the trip the day before we should leave. In the owner's contract was mentionned, in case of cancellation he can claim 40% of the total amount if he's not able to let out our room to somebody else. Obvious, it was for the owner impossible to let out the room to somebody else in such a short time, we can not blame him on this. All the more we can blame him that he wanted to keep the total amount. Only after we involved a lawyer, he paid back only 30% and not 60%. In his last email, he laught with the fact that for such a small amount we would never start a lawsuit against him.

Normally I'm never give any advice, neither positiv, nor negativ, but on this I want to warn the people to be carefull before they book.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PieterVanDamme
Bert C, Owner at Domaine les Serres, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
The guest had booked a room for a stay of one week (8 months in advance ,40% deposit was paid) but had to cancel one day before arrival. He asked me to send the invoice and he paid the remaining 60% within two days assuming that the insurance would pay for the 100%. Unfortunately the insurance company concluded, from the text on our reservation form, that the quest had only 40% to pay and not 100%. Despite the fact that in two other similar cases insurance companies paid the full 100%, this insurance company didn't want to pay the 100%. The guest asked me to pay back the 60% and although we offered him to use the 60% as a deposit for a new stay, or to refund 30% (to share the burden), he insisted to pay back the 60%. We finally paid back 30%.
In order to avoid this conflicts with insurance companies, we adjust our cancellation policy on our reservation forms.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Recently got married at Chateau de Massillian. In keeping with tradition I booked here so that I wouldn't see my bride the night before our wedding. All was set to be perfect, my last night as a single man spent with members of my family...unfortunately this hotel had other ideas. Choosing money over any form of decency, the hotel decided to cancel my booking and instead give my room to somebody who had booked for my nights! Did they tell me? No. They just shrugged their shoulders and didn't say anything. This hotel is an utter disgrace and should be ashamed for appalling customer service. I would say avoid this hotel at all costs as clearly they have zero morals and will cancel your booking if a 'better option' turns up. Would love to say what the rooms were like but sadly this sorry excuse for a hotel didn't give me the opportunity despite booking months in advance. Homeless in Provence the night before the biggest day of my life. Thanks guys, you should be ashamed

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Nick131313
Bert C, Owner at Domaine les Serres, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Indeed we had a double booking as a family with a baby asked if they could stay longer. In order to accommodate this, I booked a room in a very nice hotel nearby for the one night that the guest would stay with us. I also offered the guest to bring him to the hotel, pick him up the next morning so he could have breakfast at our place and stay with his family till 3pm before going to the wedding ( normal check out is 11am). This proposal was not accepted and he decided to stay somewhere else leaving me with an unpaid room that I had already booked at the other hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagarde Pareol
#1 of 1 in Sainte-Cecile-les-Vignes
Chateau de Rochegude
Chateau de Rochegude
#1 of 2 in Rochegude

Been to Domaine les Serres? Share your experiences!