“Great Friday night vibe”

Glenlyon General Store
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Glenlyon
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Iconic 1870 General Store Cafe Bar.Great local Menu changing seasonally, Lots of local produce for sale, fully licensed and great selection of Gin. The Glenlyon General store is the ideal location for a a yummy breakfast or long lazy lunch by the fire. pick up some local produce and gift items.open 7 days Thursday to Monday 8 AM to 3 Pm full menu and dine in. Tuesday and Wednesday - 8 AM - 2PM take away service only
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Friday night at the Glenlyon General Store is great night out. Liive music, good wholesome food, open fire in winter and friendly, efficient hospitable staff. The meals are reasonably priced and the whole atmosphere is low key and relaxed with free entertainment!! Only 10 minutes drive from Daylesford and definitely worth visiting. They also do great breakfast and lunch, and have free WIFI.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friends and I had heard a lot about the general store from the locals. I was given the impression that it would be a warm and friendly place and that the live music nights held every Friday would never disappoint.
Last night (a Friday) the four of us went out for a few drinks. With such a high reputation we were expecting a great night and we were certainly not disappointed.
The general store was indeed warm and inviting with a beautiful interior and a burning wood fire, offering a cosy yet trendy feel. All the staff were friendly and provided excellent customer service, even extending the closing time so that we could have another drink.
If I get the opportunity, I will definitely drop in again for a bite to eat. The food looked delicious.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying at a little cottage in Glenlyon and ate at the store twice for breakfast. had a breakfast bruschetta and zucchini fritters. Both were delicious, eggs cooked perfectly, quick service, reasonably priced, and friendly. I don't think you could ask for much more. nice coffee too. My fiance even commented that it was the nicest breakfast we've had when we've been out!! Well worth a stop off if you're in the area, only a 10-15 min drive from Daylesford and its well worth it. There's a nice little waterfall near by and a dam also.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

A fun Friday night out with wonderful live music in a great country area open fires an honest food to match. I would highly recommend a trip out to General store we had a wonderful time dancing good wine an tarific food that looked as good as it tasted.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Really had high hopes for this cute little cafe in the country. Ordered 4 breakfasts...mine bacon & eggs with toast & that's exactly what I got. No love on the plate....eggs like rocks, bacon destroyed & no garnish. Is garnishing the food not "in" anymore??? Other meals at the table looked just as unloved. I really really wanted to love this place but it's not to be :-(

2  Thank emerging_lotus