“Decent place but not the best HIE” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarksville

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarksville
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clarksville
“Decent place but not the best HIE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stay at many HIEs for business travel and used my points for a weekend getaway with my husband. The hotel is basic with a comfortable bed. Bathtub had some mold but the rest of the room was clean. Hotel staff didn't recognize my awards status, which is unusual for a Holiday Inn Express, but they did answer my questions. Buy your drinks / snacks from the vending machine - much cheaper than the pantry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dayna N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarksville, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Dayna N,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. While we are pleased to read that you found the beds comfortable, we regret that the bathroom quality was not up to par. I would also like to take this time to apologize for the shortcomings you have experienced, in particular your IHG Rewards Club status not being acknowledged by the staff.

As a valued guest, we appreciate all your feedback as this helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a standard HIE, with good room size and appointments. The hotel was clean, and the breakfast was up to usual standards (love the cinnamon rolls). Exactly what we expect from the chain. The only issue we had was with a large number of bugs/flies around the lobby when we arrived. They were changing bedding/pillows in several rooms when we arrived, so it may be that the door had been open an abnormally long time to allow them into the hotel. However, they had a fly trap in the front vestibule, so I suspect this is a regular problem. We were going to get one of the afternoon cookies that had been laid out, but they had become an attraction point for the flies, so we stayed away. Most of the flies were gone (elsewhere) by breakfast the next morning, but a few were still flying around in the breakfast room. Other than these bugs, it was a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Only spent one evening here as we were traveling. I am ALWAYS a little leary of any hotel room. Stayed in plenty, but it has to be CLEAN!!!! This was one of the nicer rooms that we have stayed in. Very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had stayed at another Holiday Inn Express room and the bed was way too soft and worn down. This room was nice and the breakfast area was nice and clean also. I am the type to Clorox wipe down everything in any hotel room I stay in. Yes I was pleased with the cleanliness of this room (I did wipe everything down anyway...just my OCD)!!!! Definitely recommend this hotel if traveling!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Clinton, Mississippi, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The 33 days spent at the Holiday Inn in Clarksville were extremely enjoyable and mainly stress free. Thr staff was courteous and helpful from checkin to checkout. The room was comfortable and clean. The hot breakfast was almost as goof as home cooked. I highly recommend the cinnamon rolls.
Clarksville is within easy day trips to many of the state parks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had gone to the area for my grandson's graduation. My drive wasn't as I thought and I arrived early. Front desk was extremely nice and made my room a priority and it was ready in 20 minutes. They even made a price adjustment from my reservation. The room was large, clean, no lingering odors. It was very comfortable.

Breakfast the next morning was standard fare but it was hot and fresh. Good enough for this girl.

I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Charlene H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is in a secluded area but not isolated. Food is at the next exit East but there are a few places within walking distance of the hotel. Breakfast is your typical hotel attempt at a home cooked breakfast. Staff was very friendly and the place was kept clean with maid service doing a great job on the room each day. The room was noisy in that I could hear folks next door watching TV and footsteps from the room above. Think I'll find a different place next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Since the usual place we stay was not available, we stayed here.The suite that we got was nice. It had a nice couch, ottoman, and chair as well as a small table for 2 to eat at. It was spacious enough to visit with people. It's a clean and comfortable place to stay. The free breakfast is not even worth the bother. Not a great breakfast, so we skipped that and went to a place called South Park in town. That's a wonderful place to eat! I would come back again to stay here if the other hotel we usually stay at becomes unavailable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksville
Hampton Inn Clarksville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Russellville
Days Inn & Suites Russellville
Days Inn & Suites Russellville
#5 of 16 in Russellville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!