“Please don't sweep under my feet while I'm eating!”
Review of Huddle House

Huddle House
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Clinton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a great server, and the food was good, but mid-meal one of the servers (not ours) decided to sweep, and was trying to sweep under our feet right in the middle of our meal. That was SO not acceptable to me. Seemed to offend her when I told her to wait until we finished eating to sweep under our feet.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Huddle House is our "Small Town" version of Cracker Barrel, the only down side to this property is that it needs lots more seating for such great food and service!!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I frequently stop here for breakfast or lunch on our way to Little Rock. The food is consistently good. Their breakfasts are always great if you like biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and eggs. Plate lunches are tasty from country fried steak to hamburgers. The restaurant is noisy.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stopped there for a late dinner and the waitress started out attentive. She brought our drinks over and took our order in a reasonable amount of time. They refilled my partner's drink without having to be asked. There were two waitresses on and one cook. I ordered the philly steak on texas toast. The food came over hot and it was tasty except for the marinara sauce for the mozzarella sticks I opted for in place of fries. According to the menu, the philly steak comes with swiss cheese. Mine came with yellow American cheese... ??? I was starving so I ate it without saying anything and it was okay... During our dinner another customer came in and sat at the counter. That is when the service tanked. While trying to catch our waitresses attention while she carried on a lengthy and involved conversation with the new customer, she noticed the other waitresses table needing service and grabbed the other waitress to go over and assist them. Waving the empty glass in the air with enthusiasm only captured her attention after she flagged down the other waitress for her customers and after she returned to her conversation. After the refill, she promptly returned to the counter customer to resume the conversation until she noticed we were finished and waiting for the check.

I was really disappointed with the lack of attention to what is being served by both the cook and the waitress and the neglect of the waitress while she carried on a 30 minute conversation with the gentleman that walked in. I don't know if I would bother going back or not. There isn't much else in the area that appears to be an independent (non-chain) restaurant...

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We've stopped at Huddle House twice while passing through Clinton over the past two years for breakfast. The place always seems quite busy, but we got seated quickly and order taken. Menu is extensive enough so it should satisfy most people, prices in line with others in the region. This time my order was taken and food delivered in a very reasonable amount of time. Courteous waitress, no complains on food, quantity or price. It is a place I'll return to when opportunity presents itself. I have no experience with their other meals other than breakfast.

2  Thank Don J