“Great View, Clean & Comfy”

Best Western Hillside Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The shower had good water pressure, which is important to me. The view of the surrounding mountains is pleasant and relaxing. The staff is absolutely wonderful and go out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because we had to wrangle around to find a plug for my CPAP machine, which I need while sleeping, and the pillows were lumpy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you so much for the review! We value each request for improvement that every guest makes. With it, we are able to provide the best customer service in town. Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We arrived at this inn with a reservation, well past the cancellation time, running ahead of a nasty ice storm. Eric, the desk clerk, agreed that anyone who spent the night in his hotel, at the top of an extremely sharp driveway, would be stranded there the next day. He not only let us out of our reservation without penalty but made some calls to get us into the other motel in town. (Truly, the next morning, at the other motel, we had to use poured hot water to remove the 1/2 inch of ice on our car to get into it.) We had left our planned location info with relatives at home and when concerned relatives called the Best Western Hillside later that night Eric told them where we were and helped them reach us. I cannot thank Eric enough for his concern and assistance. I hope that we get a chance to stay at his lovely hillside facility sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Watch out for that steep driveway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank royboy3
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words about Eric. We are truly people who care about all of our guests, even if they choose to stay somewhere else due to circumstances. This steep hill is quite a challenge during an ice storm but it provides us with the best view of the Ozarks in our area. There is no busy highway, bank or Super Center for a view! Just a nice peaceful setting at a quite location. Be sure to visit in the summer too because we have the largest pool in town with the same view. Oh and last but not least, we are the only hotel in town that would love for you to bring your pet! See you soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I travel all over the US and have stayed at some of the best hotels and some that I would not want to repeat. The Best Western Hillside Inn was a great place to stay. I was there 4 nights and rested great. The bed was better than the week before at Hampton Inn and the week before that at Holiday Inn Express. The staf was wonderful. The only thing I would improve on is the breakfast. It was OK but needed a better selection.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time for the survey! Your review is greatly appreciated as well as the remarks about our beds being more comfortable than the Hampton and Holiday Inn Express! I hope to see you again soon. We enjoyed being able to visit with you.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

The staff here is wonderful and the rooms are clean!! I was traveling through during a snow storm and I couldn't drive up the hill because of black ice. They offered to meet me at the bottom and help me carry my luggage up. Sean, the manager, is one of the nicest people you could meet. They are very reasonable and will go out of their way to meet your needs. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends if they are traveling through the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

We are glad you stopped by! Being in the hospitality industry is really a rewarding job. Especially when we get the opportunity to make someone's day that has been difficult (with snowy weather and icy roads) into a better one. I hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

GREAT staff, fair room. Love the view! For the price, you can't go wrong. We were there to enjoy? the Redneck Games of Arkansas. But that's a different review! lol Get a room on the second floor for a better view of the valley below.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your opinion of the Hillside Inn! Without help from customers like you, other travelers are not able to make their decisions on where to stay! We hope that you found that we have the best breakast, cleanest rooms, most comfortable beds, and friendliest staff in town! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I came in for a weekend cause I am a Schwan truck driver. I must say first off that Christina is the most helpful desk clerk. She went above and beyond the call of duty, even after I wouldn't stop flirting with her. She seemed uninterested but I couldn't resist that smile. I think I may have creeped her out a little. But even after that mess, she brought extra towels up to my room for me. This hotel is well-equipped with modern amenities and it was spotless and odorless (something that I am picky about). The alarm clock was plenty loud and the free breakfast was good and warm. I even got a complimentary newspaper! I highly recommend the Hillside Inn to anyone, I loved the view, the room, and the experience as a whole. And I do plan to be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably quieter. Just a guess.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Schwanny666
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Thank you so much for the evaluation of our hotel. We are pleased that we met your needs during your stay with us. We value your patronage and hope that you tell others that our staff truly cares! See you again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Inn for 4 nights while on a trip to Fairfield Bay to look for retirement homes. Regardless of a few negative reviews here after arriving and within the 1st 45 minutes, I was wondering exactly what hotel those with complaints were talking about. The room (#110) was impecably clean, the bed was VERY comfortable and the front office staff were not only courteous but helpful and hospitable. The Inn manager, Sean and another young man (sorry I cannot recall his name right now) went above and beyond to make sure our stay was a most pleasant experience. Okay, the "high speed" internet connection was somewhat erratic and slow...hey folks, you are in a small town and it ain't Dallas.
By all means, I would recommend this Best Western as one of the best I have ever stayed (no pun intended) inasmuch that I am retired from sales/marketing and have stayed at Best Westerns all over the U.S. And, yes, we will be going back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
bwhillsideinn, General Manager at Best Western Hillside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Sir,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The wonderful comments regarding your stay is greatly appreciated. We are staff that truly cares and we are always glad to be noticed! I had a good visit with you while you were here and hope that you will always choose to stay at our hotel during your visits in our area. Have a wonderful day.

Been to Best Western Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!