“This hotel was fine for an overnight stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We received very pleasant service upon check-in/out and during breakfast. I asked for an top floor room and received that with no problem. There was a sign on the desk when checking in stating that that heater on the pool was being repaired, so it might be too cold for some. My kids still braved it, but not for long. It was nice that they notified us of this up front though. I am basing the "average" rating on the room...typical CS layout with couch bed. We used the couch bed this time (don't always do this), and I was kind of surprised to find sheets already on it. Most CS we stay at offer bedding at the front desk if you choose to use the couch. I think I prefer getting my bedding fresh from the front desk so that I know how long it's been on there. Our air didn't work real well. I washed out the filters and that helped some, but it never really came on full force. (We like the air running for noise as much as we do for cooling/circulation). The bathroom is pretty tight quarters as the door almost touches the toilet and the tub. Not a huge deal to us, but may be to other travelers. I did get a little annoyed while trying to shower and keep the curtain closed. The curtain rod was loose and sagging, so the curtain kept creeping toward the middle. Regardless of these minor things, we slept well, breakfast was fine, staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: We had a room on the interstate side of the hotel which may be a loud for some since it is RIGHT ON...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MREA5
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your time to send us a review!

I have taken your comments to maintenance and we are putting top priority on resolving the issues listed in your response.

I apologize for the pool heater being down during your stay, we are working in replacing the entire heating unit so we will have less occurrences like these in the future.

I do hope you try us again! You are always welcome here at Comfort Suites!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Not much room to maneuver to get into room - and had to make sure we did not close the door on our hanging clothes that were right there where door closed - Nice bed & pillows to choose from; friendly maintenance when we needed spider squishing help........QUIET room on 3rd floor; don't let them assign you the room that is right by elevator - that must have been miserable for whoever stayed in that room! - well lit parking; Excellent housekeeping who made up our room early which was nice. Nice front desk staff; breakfast room was extremely crowded AND very hot;

Room Tip: 3rd floor - front of hotel was QUIET. We were upgraded to a suite on a full night & really enjo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gaulegirl
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I am sorry you had issues with the arrangements of the door. We provide closets in each room with sliding doors so that guest apparel can be hanged free of obstruction from the doors.

I am delighted that your overall stay was well received and the staff met or exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on our service, whether it be maintenance, desk, or housekeeping.

We have been host to many tour and school groups as of late which has tended to fill our breakfast area due to the nature of group departure times. If this issue ever arises again, we would not mind assisting you in perhaps helping serve you in our spacious pool area, or assist in helping you enjoy our hot breakfast in the comforts of your room.

Feel free to ask the staff for any assistance, we are always eager to help.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you make your way back to us soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and was very disappointed in the cleanliness. There was mold in the bathroom at that time. I thought I would give it another try recently because I like to stay within the choice hotel chain. The only issue I actually complained to the front desk about was the bugs. There were HUGE beetles and in the morning there was some other type of hard shell bug in the bathroom. When I complained to the front desk the response was that it's summer time in Arkansas. I live in Arkansas and stay in hotels twice a week all over the state. This is the only place I have had this issue.

3  Thank McMahanBucketList
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

I am so sorry to hear about your issues! I want to assure you that we do take any and all bug complaints very seriously and contact the appropriate exterminators whenever there is an issue. Our hotel has a frequent servicing agreement with terminix for the best preventative measures possible.

I apologize for the comment "It's summer time in Arkansas." as that can be taken so many ways. Unfortunately no hotel is going to be 100% bug free, as many offer sliding doors and vast amounts of traffic goes in and out of each hotel. There simply is no possible way to prevent every occurrence.

Again, I just wanted to touch base and assure you and everyone that I do take bugs seriously here and will always call the appropriate people out to exterminate when a problem is noticed. I really appreciate your comments!

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Checked in around 1AM, friendly front desk clerk. Parking was a little out of the way, but when checking in so late it was expected. The breakfast was good, but watched other guests ask people in the back room to refill items. The gentleman was just sitting back there on a chair while guests went without milk and juice. We also witnessed what appeared to be a non registered guest asked to leave while eating breakfast.

Overall a good nights sleep and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

As a major hub for Branson, the hotel can fill up quickly by late night. I am glad you were able to find parking and we could accommodate you!

I have communicated with my breakfast staff the importance of customer service and am positive that you will have nothing but the best experience from us upon your next trip. I understand how important it is to get your morning off to a great start, and breakfast is a big part of that.

We value our guests and want to offer them exclusively all the amenities our hotel has to offer. Often times we get guests from other local hotels that will come in and take advantage of our breakfast area. Unregistered guests only serve to take away from those who have paid for their stay. We do not want to have our guests inconvenienced by this, so we do our best to stay on top of it.

We hope you visit us again soon! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised with the attractiveness of the Comfort Suites facility. Walking in the lobby it is very nice and pretty. Same with our room. Aside from stains on the carpet, it appears clean. Upon further inspection though it brings disappointment. Ours was a handicap room, though not requested. The bathroom water pressure was terrible, it was hardly more than a trickle and it wasn't just the removable handicap shower head. It was low pressure coming out of the faucet as well. But the worst problem was the mold on the handicap fold down seat in the tub!!

The hotel was quiet, the desk staff friendly but I was appalled at the custodial staff that were constantly sitting and taking their smoking breaks at the front drive up drop off area! There would always be at least two or three, sometimes as many as five employees taking smoking breaks! I almost took a picture because first of all it was intoxicating to wade through the smoke to get in and out of the hotel and secondly they were barely, if at all, past the 25 ft limit of the No Smoking sign posted on the hotel lobby outside! Surely they could take their breaks in the back of the hotel? It just really looked bad and very unprofessional. It was the first thing I saw when I pulled in and the last thing I saw when I left...

And parking is a real problem. Not that there is anything that can be done about it now. But there are not enough spaces for sure.

The Internet is very difficult to log on to and is very spotty and inconsistent. You have to keep logging on every time you leave or re open your device. The capacity is too low to fit a hotel.

Could be a great place with some minor adjustments!!

1  Thank candacejo
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for expressing your concerns with us. I would like to take the time to address your issues.

We are a smoke free facility and have placed the smoking areas across the driveway from our entry way to ensure the 25 ft. limit is obtained. Designated smoking areas are marked with mounted ash trays attached to the pillars. I do agree that so many staff members outside at once smoking is not an attractive feature. Rest assured I have spoken with the staff and instructed them to take smoke breaks behind the hotel from this point on.

As far as the water pressure, If you had stayed with us during the Hoop Play events, having a hotel at capacity can cause pressure issues if many of the guests are using the shower around the same time. We have hosted several large groups recently and this may have been the case. Regardless I have asked our maintenance staff to check and double check the hotel's pressure to ensure it is up to standard.

We do have ample parking available. Most of our major parking is located between our hotel and the old Denny's restaurant. Our front parking lot is shared with another hotel. Our spaces are separated with white marks, theirs yellow. We accommodate several busses and semi trucks with cargo frequently.

The internet requires an authentication in order to ensure that some guests do not abuse the network causing slowdown for other guests. While the authentication may be frustrating, this method is the best possible solution to ensure one guest is not downloading many things, causing another guest to not be able to access the network at all. The authentication runs on a timer, switching locations in the hotel may cause you to pick up a different router and cause you to authenticate from the new access point.

I really do appreciate any and all comments that make their way to me. Great comments let us know that we have done well. Comments with items to resolve, only ensure that we are informed there is an issue and can work to resolve it.

Any hotel can "say" they have read and worked to resolve the issues. I would rather you come back to us so we can "show" you the difference your comments do make.

-Joey Fogas
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stop here on our way to Oklahoma for the 2nd year in a row. Both times we have received very efficient service and had a nice, clean room. Although the motel is very near I-40, we did not hear any noise from traffic. The continental breakfast offered a variety of choices, from hot foods to bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit. We will probably stay there again next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I am thrilled to see that during both of your stays you experienced an excellent level of service from the staff. We work hard to make sure that is the goal each and every time.

We are pleased to have you as a loyal guest and look forward to your return each year!

Thank you so much for your comments!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The outside of this hotel looks great! It looks clean and bright and even smells clean. The lobby is lovely and extremely deceiving! It was late and after a whole day of driving we pulled in and was pleased to see a "clean looking" hotel for a good price! We checked in, went and got a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel. We got up to the rooms and I immediately noticed the chair in the corner had stains on it. It was late so I thought it would be best to over look it and get ready for bed. I went to shower the kids and the bath tub looked stained and gross. Since it did look like stains I went ahead and gave them a bath hoping for a good nights sleep. The fold out sofa was lumpy and broken down. I felt horriable even putting my kids on it but it was way too late to be checking out and finding a new hotel at this point! Our bed wasn't much better. It felt dirty and I didn't even use the covers. My husband said it best when he said he left feeing dirty! I wouldn't ever recommend staying here! It was the 2nd comfort suites on our trip we had stayed at and they were both dirty. I will defiantly stick with Hampton Inn's from now on...you do get what you pay for! This place needs to clean their rooms up and make them look as good as the lobby...don't be fooled, run don't walk away from this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigBransonLover
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

We regret that your experience was not a great one.

I personally wanted to respond to your issues so you know that we do take these reviews seriously and they are not swept under the rug.

Due to the Mayflower oil spill, we have had many workers in and out of the property, which has unfortunately stained some of the furniture and carpets in some rooms. I wanted to personally guarantee you that we do ensure that everything is as clean as possible for the guest. Unfortunately some stains become permanent and cannot be removed despite how often it is washed.

Your concerns have been addressed and forwarded along to the appropriate departments to see what we can do about some of these issues.

If you are ever in the area again, I urge you to come back and let us show you just how important your experience is to us!

Joey Fogas