“Comfortable for the Week”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Conway
Florida
“Comfortable for the Week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent this past week here while attending a conference in Conway. The rooms are nice and comfortable, clean, smell good and you can keep them very COLD, if you like. The breakfast was good every morning, always hot and plenty, which was nice because this place was pretty busy. The staff I encountered was friendly and helpful, front desk was always helpful whenever I had a question. I was on the third floor, it was quiet, no noise to speak of, even though the hotel sits right beside the interstate. Parking was sometimes tough, especially if you come in later in the evening. Overall, a good experience for the week, no problems to speak of. The rates are very reasonable, as well, especially if you advance purchase. I would have no problem staying here if I am ever back this way again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacky E
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jacky E,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would just like to thank you for your kind review. Comments such as yours do as much for staff morale as they do for the betterment of our business, and that is something we are especially grateful for. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you back again soon!

501.329.8548

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Pros...Bed was comfortable, towels were soft & plentiful & breakfast was good.
Cons..We stayed over night and five bugs in the room. Too many for us. Staff was very cool to us. Not a very friendly place to stay. Hampton Inn right across the street may be better.

Room Tip: Don't have room facing I40 nor the busy street in front. Not quiet at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy B
Dear Kathy B,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would just like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We hold ourselves to high standards here, and falling short of those standards is not something we take lightly. We took your information regarding the bugs and immediately had the entire hotel sprayed ( as a preemptive measure; yours was the only room we found anything alarming in). Pests invading cooler living spaces in the summer is an unfortunate, unavoidable occurrence for any establishment, but I can promise we have done everything in our power to keep them out -- especially of guest rooms -- and do not anticipate having any more problems with them.
Again, I do apologize for the issues you experienced. I hope you will consider staying with us again, that we might provide you with a stay that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.

Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly and helpful. I was there 3 days. They were helpful with my gluten problem. The rooms are well-decorated, spacious and very comfortable. I would highly recommend it. Conway is also a very nice town when traveling through Arkansas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mary L,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would just like to thank you for your kind review of our establishment. Comments like yours do as much for staff morale as they do for the betterment of our business, and that is something we are especially grateful for. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back again soon!

Star City, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was a very short stay, so I only have experience with the condition of the room, the breakfast, and check-in and check-out. The room was great: simple, clean, well-decorated, spacious, and had everything we needed. Other reviewers mentioned the noise from the interstate, which was easily heard but not terribly bothersome to me. It did not keep me awake. The bed mattress was too firm for me, but this is a personal preference thing. My parents stayed in a room next door and were satisfied with the mattress. The breakfast was really good compared to other hotels where I've stayed, and I always stay in a hotel with breakfast provided. They served the usual fare: bread you could toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juices. They also provided hard-boiled eggs, waffles (plain and blueberry) that you make yourself, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. I opted for the hot foods, and everything tasted good and fresh. We did not have much staff interaction, but the ladies at the desk when I checked in and checked out were friendly and prompt to greet me and take care of the transactions. If I have the need to stay in Conway again, I'll stay here.

Room Tip: Some reviewers have complained about noise from the interstate, so if you think this may bother you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melissa B, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Gleered,

Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

While traveling through Arkansas we made a stop in Conway for the night. First of all, Conway is a very charming town! If you have an opportunity, go through the historic area. It's very picturesque. With regard to the hotel, it's conveniently located right off the Interstate, front desk staff was efficient and helpful in pointing out many places to eat and giving directions, and the room was one of the largest and most comfortable that I've ever stayed. I spend about 60 nights a year in hotels, some are hit or miss, so Comfort Suites was a treat. The suite is large with a sitting area with a sofa, a work station for a computer, and a computer cable. Beds are awesome...great comforter, nice pillows and linens. Rooms have microwaves, coffee makers and a mini frig. Bathrooms are equipped with nice amenities, including a blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash. Full breakfast included was an added bonus which we enjoyed. The only negative is that rooms facing the Interstate pick up the ambient road sound. It's not overly loud, but you can definitely hear it. It was also a little loud the next morning what with other room doors slamming. I don't know if it can be attributed to inconsiderate guests, or if there's some way to make doors close softer. Regardless, it was a great night's stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it or stay again myself.

Room Tip: pick a room on the opposite side of the Interstate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear kpickerell,

Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel has dropped in price a lot since they've opened. Hotel is still very nice and convenient off the interstate. Typical Comfort Suites breakfast -- I typically skip it except for some orange juice and fresh fruit if available. Rooms are very comfortable but parking can be a challenge since the lot is shared with a very budget hotel next door.
I've stayed here at least 10-15 times and will go back for the price, location, and the way the hotel is managed. Flat screen TV's, sitting area, etc all are nice and roomy.
Only negative is that if you get a room on the interstate side of the hotel, you better be able to sleep with LOTS of traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel on the OPPOSITE side of the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoy our hotel. Recently we have lowered our rates. We want our guests to not only receive great customer service, but also secure a rate that is budget friendly.

We appreciate your traveller's tip as well and look forward to your next visit.
Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife & I stayed here in January of 2014. The room was extremely comfortable and well-furnished, and very clean. The beds were very nice, the lobby very tasteful and attractive, and the location was decent. Additionally, the free breakfast was above average. I'd end up giving this place 5 stars but.....

Our neighbors were very noisy & we called the front desk to complain about midnight--we could hear laughing and talking through the walls, easily, and it was keeping us awake. I guess the front desk called them and asked them to quieten down, I don't know....we managed to fall asleep but were again awakened about 2:30 a.m. I decided this time to go down to the front desk and talk to them face-to-face....the clerk said "Well, we talked to them....it'd probably be better for you to change rooms, since it didn't appear to help the problem when we spoke to them."

So at 2:30 in the morning, I returned to the room and told my wife we needed to pack up our stuff and relocate to another room. Thankfully the other room was close by and much quieter. However, when checking out the following morning, the clerk on duty (probably aware of the problem we'd had and not wanting to have to discuss it) asked "Are you checking out?" We responded we were, and she said "You'll get your receipt thru e-mail since you booked thru Expedia, have a good day." Basically she gave us little opportunity to voice our complaints with the noise/visit.

I e-mailed the manager and received an apology letter, admitting the issue wasn't handled properly. No coupon for 10% off a future visit or any nominal discounts/offers, even. Disappointing customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pitt82marino
Joey F, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and the comfort we provide. I apologize if any of the services failed to meet your expectations. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction. During your next trip, I urge you to contact me directly so we can ensure your next stay exceeds expectations.