All reviewsstayed upstairsharley davidsonwould definitely stay here againbusy highwayfront deskbiscuitsgreat priceyogurtnight's sleepnext morningcomplimentary breakfastbed was very comfortablepropertygravyinns
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a single night while traveling across the country (12/30/12) with my wife and two kids. The person who checked me in was efficient and welcoming. I had requested a bottom floor room, which they were able to give me. The hotel is fairly close to I-40 (about 1/3 mile away). There are several places to eat close by.

Pros:
- Bedding was clean and beds were adequate
- Thermostat controllable by degree and heater was quiet
- Flat panel TV with decent cable package
- If you have a bottom floor room and can get a close spot, unloading/loading is easy
- Breakfast was above average for this price range (~$56 with AAA discount). It included scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffle maker, cereal, pastries, etc.
- Good value overall for this price range

Cons:
- A little bit noisy...I was surprised how much noise the road in front of the hotel generated
- While clean, rooms are clearly dated. There were obvious signs of wear in our sink, the bathroom, and the carpet
- Like most hotels/motels in this price range, noise travels, especially the opening and closing of room and vehicle doors. One of our neighbors must have been training for the door shutting olympics, because they opened and shut the door at least 50 times between 2am and 3am letting the full force of the door rattle the motel each time.
- The morning desk clerk seemed annoyed to have break away from his conversation about the fiscal cliff to check me out of the hotel
- A previous guest left clothes in the dresser drawer (not caught by housecleaning)

Overall: I'd recommend the hotel as a good value for its low price. The road noise was no problem for me, but is something to think about if you are a light sleeper.
Hint: Watch the entry driveway, it's steep enough to bottom out on unless you go really slow.

Room Tip: It may be a bit quieter if you get a room away from the road
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Rooms are clean, staff is friendly. the pool is in front of the building and close to one of the major roads there.... during our stay we had a big group of annoying, loud teenagers there......without them it would have been a ok stay

Room Tip: get one in the first floor you wont hear the footsteps there
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent just a night here and after a long day of driving, just about anything would have been good! The young man at the front desk was very cheerful and went out of his way to be helpful - absolutely no complaints at all with him, or the morning staff, who also went out of their way to be friendly. We had a smoking room on the ground floor and yes, I know that smoking is bad for you and all that, but still, it would be nice if the carpet with the burn marks could have been replaced and the bedspread, also with a burn hole in it, could have found its way into the dumpster! Most smokers really do smoke responsibly! The air-con was very quiet, which was actually a drawback as we had hoped that it might drown out some of the traffic noise. As it was, we heard every truck going by until the road quieted down around 1 am. So, if you're a light sleeper or sensitive to traffic noise, you might consider staying at a different location. But as I said, we were tired and the bed was very comfortable - and breakfast was pretty good, so all in all, we were satisfied with our stay here. It is very convenient to I-40.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stopped here en route home from a conference in Little Rock. This is an older motel with exterior corridors. It was clean, had good wi-fi and good water pressure in the shower. Expanded motel continental breakfast was standard with bacon, scrambled eggs, cereals & fruit; it did have a waffle iron but I didn't have time to use it. Cons were traffic noise from trucks braking for a stop light, the sharp dip at the entrance to the drive, and left turns may be difficult from the drive because of heavy traffic.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel had mixed reviews. I was looking for a place to stay that was close to the Don Owens sports complex. This hotel just happened to be right across from it. After reading the reviews, I decided to check out the rooms before I actually booked. Barry, the front dest clerk on the 3p to 11p shift was VERY nice and had no problem letting me look before I took a room. After taking a look I was was much relieved! The room was very clean, bed slept great. Bathroom was very clean, shower had the curved rod/curtain. Carpet probably could be replaced, but overall was fine. Air conditioner worked WONDERFULLY! The hotel is right on Hwy 65 which has a lot of traffic. My room was on the second floor and had no problem with road noise. Overall, good hotel.

Room Tip: Might stay on 2nd floor if possible to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family